• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Official ModMyI Installer Source Live


    All right folks, I think its about time ModMyI had our own Installer source.

    UPDATE: The MMi Source is now a trusted Community Source. You no longer have to install it, simply install Community Sources if you have not already, and it will be installed.


    Developers: If you'd like your app listed under the ModMyI source, feel free to send me a PM and I will get it listed as soon as possible.

    NOTE: Whenever you install a 3rd party source, you need to navigate away from the sources page, and THEN return to it before the source will display correctly. You may also have to exit Installer and open it back up.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Official ModMyI Installer Source Live started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 212 Comments
    1. fidosam's Avatar
      fidosam -
      Great stuff thanks guys!
    1. Fofer's Avatar
      Fofer -
      The version of iPhysics on the ModMyI.com repo is old. It's 0.6.2 and the version I have from the official R4M0n repo, as of today, is 0.7.

      The problem is, with both sources added, I keep getting alerted of the "update" from ModMyI.com. Even though it's not an update at all... it's an old version.

      The only way to get rid of it is to remove the ModMyI repo, which I'd rather not do. Any advice?
    1. defmute's Avatar
      defmute -
      Is the MMI installer source having problems?

      I add to restore my phone and when i add it to the sources it never shows up in the list.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
      The version of iPhysics on the ModMyI.com repo is old. It's 0.6.2 and the version I have from the official R4M0n repo, as of today, is 0.7.

      The problem is, with both sources added, I keep getting alerted of the "update" from ModMyI.com. Even though it's not an update at all... it's an old version.

      The only way to get rid of it is to remove the ModMyI repo, which I'd rather not do. Any advice?
      This is an issue with the Installer app. At the moment, if you have two sources with the same app on there, Installer will always ask you to upgrade to ANY version other than the one you have installed.

      Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
      Is the MMI installer source having problems?

      I add to restore my phone and when i add it to the sources it never shows up in the list.
      Everything should be fine. Try removing and re-adding it.
    1. Dash-2's Avatar
      Dash-2 -
      poetic, do you think you could take iPhysics off of our source?
      the official iPhysics source has a bunch of levelpacks, which you pretty much need to play anyways.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      I will talk to him about getting those level packs on our source as well. What we're trying to do is to NOT need a new source for every single app that comes out.
    1. ViperLB's Avatar
      ViperLB -
      nice!
    1. smokepsp32's Avatar
      smokepsp32 -
      yeah! will add this now...
    1. smokepsp32's Avatar
      smokepsp32 -
      its nice...
    1. smokepsp32's Avatar
      smokepsp32 -
      its nice...
    1. quahog_convo's Avatar
      quahog_convo -
      Anyone else having trouble installing the new MMi Summerboard themes? Installer seems to crash right when it tries to install them. (Trying to install on a 1.1.2 IPSF phone) Installing apps from the non MMI sources seem to work fine, but even when I try to uninstall the Blue Orbs one, it crashes installer.
    1. KeanBurke's Avatar
      KeanBurke -
      Quote Originally Posted by quahog_convo View Post
      Anyone else having trouble installing the new MMi Summerboard themes? Installer seems to crash right when it tries to install them. (Trying to install on a 1.1.2 IPSF phone) Installing apps from the non MMI sources seem to work fine, but even when I try to uninstall the Blue Orbs one, it crashes installer.
      yeah same here, it downloads and then crashes.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Try removing and re-adding the source if a simple refresh doesn't fix it. They are working fine on my end...
    1. ipodlover77's Avatar
      ipodlover77 -
      oddly enough, my problems are reversed. I was able to download the Blue Orbs Theme, but for some reason, when i try to uninstall, it crashes my installer.
    1. annual's Avatar
      annual -
      Ever since i updated iPhysics the game play has changed. When playing in levels and stuff, you can no longer move the "blocks" you created, like you could in the previous version. Anyone else experience this?
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Same thing for me on the new version (0.7). Perhaps its a bug the developer missed?
    1. kankon's Avatar
      kankon -
      greeeeeat jop
    1. Bernard iPHONE's Avatar
      Bernard iPHONE -
      ModMyI Installer Source Lived Does not work on mine. Why is that?
    1. Dash-2's Avatar
      Dash-2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by annual View Post
      Ever since i updated iPhysics the game play has changed. When playing in levels and stuff, you can no longer move the "blocks" you created, like you could in the previous version. Anyone else experience this?
      This is now an option to turn on or off for level pack creators. Good packs will let you know if you can drag or not.

      P.S. there are over 21 levels packs so far!
    1. Fofer's Avatar
      Fofer -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      This is an issue with the Installer app. At the moment, if you have two sources with the same app on there, Installer will always ask you to upgrade to ANY version other than the one you have installed.
      Well, yeah, and it's created a really annoying situation. I'm constantly being prompted about an iPhysics update, when I have the latest version direct from r4m0n's own repository already installed. He's updating fast and furiously (at least 3 in the last few days) and also offers up user-created levels. So, unless you plan on keeping up with that update pace and also offering up all the levels, I don't really see the point.

      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      I will talk to him about getting those level packs on our source as well. What we're trying to do is to NOT need a new source for every single app that comes out.
      Yeah, but at what expense? Looks to me like you're trying to build up modmyi's repository on the coding work of others. Unfortunately, until Installer is fixed to more intelligently deal with duplicates and multiple sources, that's causing more complications for users.

      Sorry, but I'm removing the modmyi repository until this situation is better handled. It's just not worth the annoyance.