• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Considering App-Sharing Tools
    Apple with its upcoming iPhone OS 3.0 software includes a feature that will allow you to share a fun game or work-productivity tool with someone else.... (that is if Apple chooses to activate it)

    If activated by Apple, may let users share software with one another, according to a person familiar with the technology. Eventually, iPhone users may even get a commission when they've induced someone else to make a purchase, says Richard Doherty, director at consultant Envisioneering Group.

    Would the new feature spur sales? They think that these features could dramatically increase sales of apps, music and movies for cell phones. User-to-user recommendations could make discovery of new apps and content easier. Most mobile app stores today offer top 10 lists of the most popular apps and let users post reviews. That aids navigating the more than 35,000 apps in the Apple App Store.

    Some people feel it would be cool if Apple activated this so that they could share a game one of them bought but both want to play it so the other person would not have to go searching with the appstore to buy it...

    Or would you loose your ability to re-download your apps over the air?

    If true, there will definitely be a Preference setting that toggles this feature ON/OFF as I can't see Apple allowing iPhone users to bombard other iPhone users....

    Sounds like Apple is implementing a Zune feature into their lineup? Hmmmmm Is Apple at it again revolutionizing the industry one idea at a time?

    Apple, Google Consider App-Sharing Tools - BusinessWeek
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Considering App-Sharing Tools started by thetoothfairy View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
    1. ommak's Avatar
      ommak -
      it would be really nice if apple actually activated this feature
      BTW FIRST!
      Edit Poseidon: Actually you weren't first b/c I deleted the useless "first" post already. It's getting quite old FAIL!
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Why are people sooo bothered about who says "first", ffs let them have their fun, one post doesn't harm anyone. I disagree with deleting the first posts, people who agree have no sense of fun.
      The new Zune HD looks awesome to be honest.
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
      Why are people sooo bothered about who says "first", ffs let them have their fun, one post doesn't harm anyone. I disagree with deleting the first posts, people who agree have no sense of fun.
      The new Zune HD looks awesome to be honest.
      If people are going to say "first" that is ok with me.... but it doesn't make them look to intelligent if that is all they say..... if one wants to say first..... one should then comment his or her feelings and or opinions about the thread.....
    1. Fallguy's Avatar
      Fallguy -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      If people are going to say "first" that is ok with me.... but it doesn't make them look to intelligent if that is all they say..... if one wants to say first..... one should then comment his or her feelings and or opinions about the thread.....
      Its amazing how these people can detour you away from the actual post itself . Let these kids play . They are not hurting anyone (damn bastards , i wanted to be first)
    1. Nickel's Avatar
      Nickel -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      If people are going to say "first" that is ok with me.... but it doesn't make them look to intelligent if that is all they say..... if one wants to say first..... one should then comment his or her feelings and or opinions about the thread.....
      Yeh!.... what he said cant wait for my first / new iphone.
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      Well none of you can be first because I was first and made this thread.... so opinions please? What do you think if Apply decides to activate it?
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      Well none of you can be first because I was first and made this thread.... so opinions please? What do you think if Apply decides to activate it?
      Actually it's the first one to reply to the thread not that starter. I don't care if Apple activates it as NONE of my friends have an iPhone or iPod Touch. They don't plan on gettin any of them either.
    1. adsonjustin's Avatar
      adsonjustin -
      thats cool I guess.
    1. tattoojack's Avatar
      tattoojack -
      Quote Originally Posted by ommak View Post
      it would be really nice if apple actually activated this feature
      BTW FIRST!
      Edit Poseidon: Actually you weren't first b/c I deleted the useless "first" post already. It's getting quite old FAIL!
      lmao
      IT WILL NEVER END!

      thanks poseidon!

      i hope they seriously consider this.
      what was that terrible device back in the day that you could bluetooth songs and files back and forth to friends???

      oh yeah, the ZUNE!

      eeewwwwww!
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      The OP seems to indicate that it isn't just for apps, but songs and movies as well. The Microsoft Zune was based on sharing limited-use copies of your media and no one has made the comparison yet? Strange.

      Anyway, I consider "FIRST!" posts to be about the same as "posting 'me too' like some brain-dead AOLer" (Weird Al Yankovic)... useless crap that makes forums threads and comment sections hard to follow, navigate, and hold conversations. That's one more potentially useful post pushed to another page, cascading even more.