• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Genius Recommendations Come To iTunes Mobile


    Genius recommendations were introduced back in iTunes 8 and now theyíre finally making their way onto the iPhone and iPod Touch versions as well. Apple now includes Genius recommendations with all mobile versions of the iTunes app. To use the Genius feature simply launch the iTunes app and go to the More tab. The Genius option is the last item listed. The nice thing about this new feature is the fact that you donít have to update the app to use it. Apple has already updated its servers so itís available to everyone now.

    Genius recommendations are generated by analyzing the songs and videos in your iTunes library. It then attempts to give you recommendations for new content that you might enjoy. It can give you song, movie or TV show suggestions and letís you preview song selections before buying. You can rate selections either thumbs up or thumbs down, by swiping on the title to the right, similarly to how you delete emails.



    iTunes mobile has always been a rather slimmed down version of the app. Now that Genius recommendations are finally available on mobile devices, the differences between the desktop version and the mobile versions are one step closer to offering the same conveniences. This may be a minor improvement to the iTunes mobile app, but it is a welcomed one.

    Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Genius Recommendations Come To iTunes Mobile started by Wiley John Wright View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
    1. CaptainChaos's Avatar
      CaptainChaos -
      The Genius feature really needs to be re-named. It is quite stupid to say the least. With as long as it has been out you would think the suggestions would at least be in the ballpark in regards to what they are compared to. I love the idea, but it's implementation is horrible.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
      The Genius feature really needs to be re-named. It is quite stupid to say the least. With as long as it has been out you would think the suggestions would at least be in the ballpark in regards to what they are compared to. I love the idea, but it's implementation is horrible.
      I haven't really tried it for music yet, but I don't think I've kept a single app it recommended. You'd think Google searches would get better by now too :/
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Instead of keeping up with the news how about you fix the problems with all the Repos...?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      Instead of keeping up with the news how about you fix the problems with all the Repos...?
      You do realize they have writers AND server handlers, right? And they only control one repo, not "all the repos".
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      You do realize they have writers AND server handlers, right? And they only control one repo, not "all the repos".
      I do but atm i'm just trolling untill i can download what i've paid for. Also the (s) was a typo
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      Instead of keeping up with the news how about you fix the problems with all the Repos...?
      Seriously? Relax, the problem will be fixed...but the staff writers aren't going to be the ones doing it, they're keeping us updated on the news.

      Anyway, never really used Genius, cool that its on the iPhone now though.
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      Seriously? Relax, the problem will be fixed...but the staff writers aren't going to be the ones doing it, they're keeping us updated on the news.

      Anyway, never really used Genius, cool that its on the iPhone now though.
      I know, I know but i really wanna get everything downloaded and sorted before i have to go to work and atm i'm acting a little like a spoilt rich kid but hey.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      I do but atm i'm just trolling untill i can download what i've paid for. Also the (s) was a typo
      Well I guess it's not as bad as you thinking they manage more than one repo. I'm pretty annoyed about the refresh not working, but they usually do a good job of getting it fixed in a day or so. I'm kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      I know, I know but i really wanna get everything downloaded and sorted before i have to go to work and atm i'm acting a little like a spoilt rich kid but hey.
      It can be quite the hassle putting everything back on, its time consuming and annoying at times.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      It can be quite the hassle putting everything back on, its time consuming and annoying at times.
      Which is why I wrote my own Unix script for that . I didn't want to deal with that.
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Well I guess it's not as bad as you thinking they manage more than one repo. I'm pretty annoyed about the refresh not working, but they usually do a good job of getting it fixed in a day or so. I'm kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this.
      Yeah, for me it's ModMyi, BigBoss and Cydia it's self. Really p!ssing me off because it keeps comming up with messages while i'm doing other things because it's trying to continue the download or something. I just want to get it all sorted before work and relax.
    1. steve-z17's Avatar
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Which is why I wrote my own Unix script for that . I didn't want to deal with that.
      I could use something like that! That's really cool!
    1. Sem656's Avatar
      Sem656 -
      What a pointless post
    1. Major Herbie's Avatar
      Major Herbie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post
      What a pointless post
      Stop trying to insult people.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      Stop trying to insult people.
      I guess he's just trying to insult Genius
    1. Sem656's Avatar
      Sem656 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Major Herbie View Post
      Stop trying to insult people.
      You're an idiot. That's an insult.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sem656 View Post
      You're an idiot.
      Isn't that an insult?

      oh I get what you're saying now. Sorry
    1. Sem656's Avatar
      Sem656 -
      Lol
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      I haven't really tried it for music yet, but I don't think I've kept a single app it recommended. You'd think Google searches would get better by now too :/
      It's app suggestions are awful, but its song suggestions are quite good. Ive found some great songs from it
    1. rhekt's Avatar
      rhekt -
      i have to agree w/ captain chaos. i altogether stopped using this implementation a long time ago. the recommendations were never anything i would ever want.