Two weeks after iPhone firmware 3.0 beta 3 Apple has released iPhone 3.0 beta 4 (7a300g) to those participating in the iPhone Developer Program. So far what's new in this latest beta is the Store settings pane is now functioning. Once you are signed into your iTunes account you can edit your payment settings. Will update this thread as more info from beta 4 comes in.
- iTunes 8.1.1 restores beta 4 firmware just fine . . . well until the end. Nice error 10. Installing iTunes 8.2 and restoring on beta 4 works fine.
- After you take a pic you have the option of re-taking.
- While playing shows if you are connected via some bluetooth (image via macrumors)
- Tethering already enabled without patching (possibly only if you had it enabled before restoring?). I can't confirm this with my phone. What I can confirm is after loading the hack along with my network update for AT&T tethering does work fine on beta 4.
- Error 3004 probably means iTunes can't connect to Apple servers to verify you have a dev account. Open port 8080 on your router.
- New iTunes shows how much time remaining to restore backup.
- New iTunes syncs voice memos.
- If you get the pink screen of death try try again to restore via iTunes 8.2. It should work eventually (hopefully). A reboot might solve that too.
- iTunes 8.2 for windows enables usb tethering (even compatible with beta 3)
- Copy paste now works in the calculator.
iTunes 8.2 was also pre-released. Now iTunes checks that you are a registered developer before updating your iPhone. Macrumors is reporting that iTunes 8.2 carries Blue-ray references to Gracenote that could suggest that itunes might support Blueray reading.
thanks everyone who sent this in