• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 and iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release.


    Two weeks after iPhone firmware 3.0 beta 3 Apple has released iPhone 3.0 beta 4 (7a300g) to those participating in the iPhone Developer Program. So far what's new in this latest beta is the Store settings pane is now functioning. Once you are signed into your iTunes account you can edit your payment settings. Will update this thread as more info from beta 4 comes in.
    • iTunes 8.1.1 restores beta 4 firmware just fine . . . well until the end. Nice error 10. Installing iTunes 8.2 and restoring on beta 4 works fine.
    • After you take a pic you have the option of re-taking.
    • While playing shows if you are connected via some bluetooth (image via macrumors)
    • Tethering already enabled without patching (possibly only if you had it enabled before restoring?). I can't confirm this with my phone. What I can confirm is after loading the hack along with my network update for AT&T tethering does work fine on beta 4.
    • Error 3004 probably means iTunes can't connect to Apple servers to verify you have a dev account. Open port 8080 on your router.
    • New iTunes shows how much time remaining to restore backup.
    • New iTunes syncs voice memos.
    • If you get the pink screen of death try try again to restore via iTunes 8.2. It should work eventually (hopefully). A reboot might solve that too.
    • iTunes 8.2 for windows enables usb tethering (even compatible with beta 3)
    • Copy paste now works in the calculator.

    iTunes 8.2 was also pre-released. Now iTunes checks that you are a registered developer before updating your iPhone. Macrumors is reporting that iTunes 8.2 carries Blue-ray references to Gracenote that could suggest that itunes might support Blueray reading.

    thanks everyone who sent this in
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 and iTunes 8.2 Pre-Release. started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 186 Comments
    1. Gray Fox's Avatar
      Gray Fox -
      Im getting error 3001 and pink screen of death. any help please?
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      Hi, if I install 3.0 B4 can I go back to 2.2.1 if I have any issues?
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      Hi, if I install 3.0 B4 can I go back to 2.2.1 if I have any issues?
      yes you can.
    1. blacksti's Avatar
      blacksti -
      sweet.
    1. lil red wagon's Avatar
      lil red wagon -
      thanks again for the info stealth, finished loading both, and sooooooo glad i did. I've never tethered, but now when i plug the phone into the computer, it says tethering activated, that on everyones?
    1. PeteyCrack's Avatar
      PeteyCrack -
      so if were on beta 3 right now, we don't have much longer to use it right? how long ?
    1. duceduc's Avatar
      duceduc -
      The ipcc file is carrier specific? Does anyone know where or have the file for softbank carrier?
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by PeteyCrack View Post
      so if were on beta 3 right now, we don't have much longer to use it right? how long ?
      beta 3 expires in 9 days

      Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
      The ipcc file is carrier specific? Does anyone know where or have the file for softbank carrier?
      it is carrier specific. the best thing to do is google "softbank ipcc for 3.0 mms" if you cant find one, then found out what your settings should and i can build one for you
    1. eckokid116's Avatar
      eckokid116 -
      someone please help i was told my udid is registered my udid seems to be 41 characters which is strange straight out if itunes its 386d9b9f854dd59d060084534eb32a2f739f2bc7 and i keep getting error tune i am not without an iphone and dont know what to do
    1. ggolow's Avatar
      ggolow -
      Finally I figure out how to update to beta 4 after error 3014 on iTunes 8.2. I deleted iTunes 8.2 and install 8.1 again. On 8.1 I press shift+update and select beta 4. After it finished it brings a message "update to iTunes 8.2 to activate". After that I install iTunes 8.2 and we are done.

      Now I have another issue. I'm not part of the at&t network, I use T-mobile. When I insert the T-mobile SIM card it locks my iPhone and brings a message "Different SIM detected". I know that its part of the lockdown files but can I edited or patched without the jailbreak? I think the answer is NO but if someone knows how to let me know.
    1. lightmaster's Avatar
      lightmaster -
      Quote Originally Posted by ggolow View Post
      Now I have another issue. I'm not part of the at&t network, I use T-mobile. When I insert the T-mobile SIM card it locks my iPhone and brings a message "Different SIM detected". I know that its part of the lockdown files but can I edited or patched without the jailbreak? I think the answer is NO but if someone knows how to let me know.
      I'm not certain, but you may be able to downgrade to beta 3, jailbreak and unlock, and the upgrade to beta 4. I don't have an iPhone, so I can say for sure if that will work. But it seems like it should work.
    1. mj1o1's Avatar
      mj1o1 -
      Hey does anyone know what the error 10 means? and what i can do to fix it?
    1. lightmaster's Avatar
      lightmaster -
      Quote Originally Posted by mj1o1 View Post
      Hey does anyone know what the error 10 means? and what i can do to fix it?
      Read this:

      Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post
      please people if i am helping you guys out because sleathbravo is sending people to me for spots. Please dont forget to install the itunes 8.2 because if you dont you will get a error 10. That is because apple has put out the itunes 8.2 so that the only new way to activate is if you install the 8.2 itunes and have the beta dev spot. Dont worry about the spot. Worry about installing the itunes first please!!!

      also have fun all! I am !!! :d
    1. ggolow's Avatar
      ggolow -
      Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
      I'm not certain, but you may be able to downgrade to beta 3, jailbreak and unlock, and the upgrade to beta 4. I don't have an iPhone, so I can say for sure if that will work. But it seems like it should work.
      I was on beta 3 jailbreak+unlock and didn't work.
    1. metaserph's Avatar
      metaserph -
      Happily cruising on Beta 4 thanks to Stealth's awesome help! Of course, no surprise. He's from Texas AND a Mac user!

      ^5
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
      Happily cruising on Beta 4 thanks to Stealth's awesome help! Of course, no surprise. He's from Texas AND a Mac user!

      ^5
      Thanks man! I am ready to get this party rockin with the new jailbreak!

    1. gohtret's Avatar
      gohtret -
      Thank you Stealth!

      Everythings working great except for MMS, but thats only because I couldnt call AT&T.

      Is there a video recorder yet? I can't seem to find it if there is one.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by gohtret View Post
      Thank you Stealth!

      Everythings working great except for MMS, but thats only because I couldnt call AT&T.

      Is there a video recorder yet? I can't seem to find it if there is one.
      It will be in the normal camera app with a toggle. It isnt there yet.

    1. gohtret's Avatar
      gohtret -
      You are a man of much wisdom, thanks.
    1. Sk8r789456's Avatar
      Sk8r789456 -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      It will be in the normal camera app with a toggle. It isnt there yet.

      Where did you get that pic at?