• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 3.0 Jailbroken Already


    iPhone 3.0 is coming summer.

    And while the baseband IS updated in this firmware (so if you're yellowsn0w unlocked, DON'T upgrade til a proper PwnageTool version is out), 3.0 is already jailbroken, so say the Dev Team on a recent blog post.

    And for those wondering, yes the 3.0 OS is jailbreakable on all devices. It’s just those using 3G yellowsn0w that have to show some restraint and wait for PwnageTool to create a custom IPSW that avoids the baseband update.
    We'll let you know ASAP when a version of PwnageTool which works with 3.0 is out, but rest easy knowing the devices are already ready for WinterBoard and all your favorite jailbreak apps right next to Apple's 100 new 3.0 features.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 3.0 Jailbroken Already started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 227 Comments
    1. deadwilder's Avatar
      deadwilder -
      Amazing! But do we still need to be on the Dev list to be able to activate?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Yes.
    1. dmoses1969's Avatar
      dmoses1969 -
      Since I didnt get my UDID before installing the update I couldnt click on serial number to get in iTunes. I downloaded iPhone configuration utility and got it that way.

      I used MagicISO to pull the ispw file out of the .dmg file. Google it.

      This was all done on Vista and mine has been working fine all day. As long as your device is registered on the Apple Developers site it should work fine. Mine has been working fine.
    1. 007vigil's Avatar
      007vigil -
      Has anyone figured out how to use MMS on 3.0 OS? In settings there a toggle to enable, but it still does not work. I have verified mms still on account by putting sim into another phone.
    1. n0ise's Avatar
      n0ise -
      Quote Originally Posted by n0ise View Post
      hi guys, i have an iphone 2G, have my udid registered, i forced the upload (on mac) te iphone is unlocked (it get signals) but its locked on the emergency screen..!
      i live in italy.
      can i do something or should i wait until the jailbreak of the sim?



      ive redone the process with NO INTERNET and it worked..hooray for 3.0
    1. djames04's Avatar
      djames04 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      I don't understand - GPS? How can they charge for that?
      AT&T doesn't charge for GPS functionality on the iPhone.

      They do charge for GPS on regular handheld devices. They charge for the Tele-Nav system that uses the GPS.

      Quote Originally Posted by 007vigil View Post
      Has anyone figured out how to use MMS on 3.0 OS? In settings there a toggle to enable, but it still does not work. I have verified mms still on account by putting sim into another phone.
      lol...

      That doesn't verify...

      AT&T has automatic sweeps that re-provision for your phone.

      Best way to verify is to call 611 if your with AT&T and ask them if your account is provisioned for MMS.

      If they state you have an iPhone on your account... try and see what they say if you say your a developer for the new FW and want to use the MMS feature...

      Let us know what they say.
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      ATT hasnt enabled MMS for iphone yet....and wont until the official release.

      They dont care if your a developer...cause MMS shouldnt matter to them either.
    1. CaptainChaos's Avatar
      CaptainChaos -
      Quote Originally Posted by czarnachmura28 View Post
      so , please , how did You jailbreak the version 3.0 ? , please , i have 3.0 but its not jailbreak (( its bad . why did i Didit ! ;P
      can someone help and just direct me to the right source ?

      please , please
      You don't. Downgrade to 2.2.1. Rebreak your phone.
    1. djames04's Avatar
      djames04 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      ATT hasnt enabled MMS for iphone yet....and wont until the official release.

      They dont care if your a developer...cause MMS shouldnt matter to them either.
      and even when it is released... I have no idea how they will switch MMS to be provisioned. We don't have automated systems for that... so I would be impressed if it is automatic.
    1. BenzoHartt's Avatar
      BenzoHartt -
      Quote Originally Posted by djames04 View Post
      and even when it is released... I have no idea how they will switch MMS to be provisioned. We don't have automated systems for that... so I would be impressed if it is automatic.
      i'm with you on this... i can't wait to see how everything is gonna play out. They only have a few months to get it all up and running.
    1. dmoses1969's Avatar
      dmoses1969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      ATT hasn't enabled MMS for iphone yet....and wont until the official release.

      They don't care if your a developer...cause MMS shouldn't matter to them either.
      I just downloaded this file, Placed on my desktop and connected my phone to iTunes. Hold shift and Check for Updates, Navigate to the file and open it. Re-sync iPhone and then power cycled it and have been sending and receiving MMS since.
    1. djames04's Avatar
      djames04 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
      I just downloaded this file, Placed on my desktop and connected my phone to iTunes. Hold shift and Check for Updates, Navigate to the file and open it. Re-sync iPhone and then power cycled it and have been sending and receiving MMS since.
      Nice.. do you have proof of it working? (not discrediting you)

      That works with 3.0, correct?
    1. CaptainChaos's Avatar
      CaptainChaos -
      Quote Originally Posted by mistahme View Post
      This is great but if apple see's this they probably will. won't they change something so its unjailbrakeble?
      It would be pointless to jailbreak it right now because millions of users do not have the firmware. There are going to be lots of tweaks and updates to the OS before it goes public.
    1. dmoses1969's Avatar
      dmoses1969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by djames04 View Post
      Nice.. do you have proof of it working? (not discrediting you)

      That works with 3.0, correct?
      Is this proof enough? I sent several to myself from the phone and then sent a few by email.

      The .gifs look pretty cool too
    1. xjuliephanx's Avatar
      xjuliephanx -
      Yay I'm so excited for MMS, copy & paste, and landscape typing DD
    1. dancin_smurf's Avatar
      dancin_smurf -
      SWEET!!!!!
      I Just got myself up to speed!!!!
      I am now running 3.0!!!! On my Officially unlocked iPhone From Australia!!
      After the restore A screen came up with the itunes logo with the plug saying that my phone was locked!!!
      I was scared as sh**!!! But in about a min later Itunes Just Unlocked the Phone for me!!!
      So i'm NOW A regular user Running 3.0 In The BAHAMAS!!!!!!!!
    1. jcolbert66's Avatar
      jcolbert66 -
      I called today and they turned mine on.
    1. Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
      Ichwohneinloche -
      Quote Originally Posted by dancin_smurf View Post
      SWEET!!!!!
      I Just got myself up to speed!!!!
      I am now running 3.0!!!! On my Officially unlocked iPhone From Australia!!
      After the restore A screen came up with the itunes logo with the plug saying that my phone was locked!!!
      I was scared as sh**!!! But in about a min later Itunes Just Unlocked the Phone for me!!!
      So i'm NOW A regular user Running 3.0 In The BAHAMAS!!!!!!!!
      Ok im confused . From what I understand about this you have to be on the "Apple SDK developement"(just a name i pulled correct me if it bugs you)to install 3.0 otherwise it locks your phone, but Dancin_smurf, you seem to have an unlocked phone that isnt locked. How did you manage this?

      And is there anyway to get 3.0 to work with out being on the "Apple SDK Developement"? I would love to be able to use it but i really dont wanna dish $99 to be able to use a "beta".

      If anyone would just inform me it would be greatly appreciated.
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
      Ok im confused . From what I understand about this you have to be on the "Apple SDK developement"(just a name i pulled correct me if it bugs you)to install 3.0 otherwise it locks your phone, but Dancin_smurf, you seem to have an unlocked phone that isnt locked. How did you manage this?

      And is there anyway to get 3.0 to work with out being on the "Apple SDK Developement"? I would love to be able to use it but i really dont wanna dish $99 to be able to use a "beta".

      If anyone would just inform me it would be greatly appreciated.
      A developer has to add your phone's UDID to his account and then when you load 3.0, it will verify it and you will be good to go. The only risk is that when an update comes out and they kill this beta, if you arent home when it happens, your phone will be nothing until you upgrade to the new 3.0 which would have to be leaked...
    1. Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
      Ichwohneinloche -
      Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
      A developer has to add your phone's UDID to his account and then when you load 3.0, it will verify it and you will be good to go. The only risk is that when an update comes out and they kill this beta, if you arent home when it happens, your phone will be nothing until you upgrade to the new 3.0 which would have to be leaked...
      Thanks! Ok that works for me. I always have my laptop with me. And just another quick question. I read a couple of post about things not being usable in this "beta". Can anyone specify more? All I really need is MMS/SMS, Safari, and of course the Phone.

      Sorry for all the questions