• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June


    Emirates Telecommunications - Etisalat, a United Arab Emirates, is getting the iPhone February 15th. What does that have to do with you (uh, if you are not in the UAE)? In the same interview with the Dow Jones when Mark Davis, Program Director for iPhone at Etisalat, announced they'd be getting the iPhone on February 15th, he apparently also said although they were getting this version late than many countries, the

    next version of the device, which is due out in June, will be launched in the UAE at the same time.
    Phil Schiller also hinted at this in an interview with David Pogue after MacWorld, when he said that Apple sticks to annual product schedules, of which the iPhone's is in June.

    Recently, mentions of a new hardware revision have been discovered in the iPhone firmware, reaching back a few firmware cycles.

    Other sites are also wondering what happened to Apple's promised Push notification, and noting that a major hardware revision may be necessary to improve backgrounding ability if Push isn't coming. I'm not sure exactly what they're bsing that on though - Ashikase's Backgrounder has been holding up decently. Improved hardware can't hurt, though.

    AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: [ RUMOR ] Next iPhone Model to be Released in June started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 166 Comments
    1. brotherbond007's Avatar
      brotherbond007 -
      I'd drop this current 16G White "Baller" 3G just like I dropped the 1st Gen..the iChat feature alone rocks! I'll take two, one for me and one for my fiancé.
    1. Ben193's Avatar
      Ben193 -
      I going with POSEIDON79 ON THIS ONE
    1. r1994augusto's Avatar
      r1994augusto -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tylervalo View Post
      A rumor for what It might look like:
      uh?????
      this goes totally out of the iPhone scheme!

      but would ve nice to have the 3g desing with the feaures of the pic
    1. rel1215's Avatar
      rel1215 -
      this is what i'd rather see it look like....but i highly doubt it.....i know a keyboard is just not apple, but if they dressed it up like a mini mackbook kb i don't think it would lose any of that "cool" factor that apple values over function sometimes. something like this could prob. grab customers from that god awful "netbook" market.
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      "WM".... sorry YUK! I rather go without SMS... you can get emoticons in the app store...

      http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...301646831&mt=8

      http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300469415&mt=8
      Thats a sh***y way of adding emoticons, too much hassle and ridiculously stupid, I mean come on a separate app to add emoticons, should be an option on the keyboard itself!

      I want emoticons for SMS anyway not email, when people send me SMS's with smileys in them or I need to forward a text, Clippy does an extremely great job for forwarding SMS's.
    1. rel1215's Avatar
      rel1215 -
      Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
      emoticons better be in or I'm ditching my 2G for WM!!
      ^^^^^^^not sure how to actually comment on that other than.....

      .......oh just thought of something.......ROFLMAO
    1. thaforgottenone's Avatar
      thaforgottenone -
      well i just cant wait to put money on it to take home and mess with it no matter of its looks and price.
    1. mtj's Avatar
      mtj -
      Apple will introduce two to three major improvements, just like they did with the 3g over the 2g (eg, appstore, 3g speeds). OLED screen although it would be awesome, it is not feasible under any circumstances to produce, its too expensive and in terms of apples history they havent been used in any ipods. The new iphone I personally think will have:

      - Better hardware, to enhance the gaming on the iphone (appstore is a money maker so it only makes sense to raise the bar in terms of what developers can make on it)

      - Backgrounding abilities (its obvious that the way apps function now are quite limiting, and so perhaps apple will eventually allow apps like intelliscreen to hit the appstore)

      - Battery life ( and why not, who can argue wtih that, and with the above mentioned, apple will need to ante up on the battery )
    1. Caleb_Soccer_Star's Avatar
      Caleb_Soccer_Star -
      Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
      this is what i'd rather see it look like....but i highly doubt it.....i know a keyboard is just not apple, but if they dressed it up like a mini mackbook kb i don't think it would lose any of that "cool" factor that apple values over function sometimes. something like this could prob. grab customers from that god awful "netbook" market.

      An iphone is perfect, but with a full keyboard that slides out, makes it even better. I would pay anything for my phone to be look like this.
      Too bad its not going to happen
      Maybe One Day.
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
      - Backgrounding abilities (its obvious that the way apps function now are quite limiting, and so perhaps apple will eventually allow apps like intelliscreen to hit the appstore)
      I could swear that Apple were saying backgrounding was bad; during a keynote in January last year (I think) and the announcement of 2.0, they brought up a picture of Windows Mobile Task Manager, pointed out the faults in it (no surprise there) and then they introduced push, saying that was the way forward...Haven't heard much from the push side of things lately, so what's gonna happen?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Not sure what I'd like in the next iPhone...
      Better camera, more storage - maybe.
      That design? No way! Those sharp corners in my pocket? Not for me. OLOED display? Why? I like the one I've got and don't want to pay a massive premium for OLED.

      The hardware as it is is damn near perfect for me - any improvements would be minor and I doubt if they would be worth me upgrading.

      All of my 'problems' with the iPhone are software related - the lack of release of proper SatNav being the only one that makes me consider changing device. If they could fix that I'd be very happy. All other things are very minor (for me - YMMV).
    1. prankz55's Avatar
      prankz55 -
      Guys i need uhelp on this >>> is all this made up or apple is truely going to launch this new version ... cuz im planning to shift from my 1st gen iphone to iPhone 3G ... so if this sexy iphone is getting launched so shud i wait for it till june ????
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by prankz55 View Post
      Guys i need uhelp on this >>> is all this made up or apple is truely going to launch this new version ... cuz im planning to shift from my 1st gen iphone to iPhone 3G ... so if this sexy iphone is getting launched so shud i wait for it till june ????
      Wait 'til June.
      It might come out.
      Or it might not.
      Who cares?
    1. lilskaterpunk's Avatar
      lilskaterpunk -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Wait 'til June.
      It might come out.
      Or it might not.
      Who cares?
      I'd also recommend waiting. I was gonna purchase a 3G and sell my 2G, but I like my 2G way better then a 3G at the moment The only way i'd purchase a new iPhone if one is released, it has to be 32GB or bigger! hehe Thats also why I didn't get a 3G, 16GB just doesn't cut it for me. Im greedy and want more so I can add more junk on the iPhone
    1. thetoothfairy's Avatar
      thetoothfairy -
      Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
      Thats a sh***y way of adding emoticons, too much hassle and ridiculously stupid, I mean come on a separate app to add emoticons, should be an option on the keyboard itself!

      I want emoticons for SMS anyway not email, when people send me SMS's with smileys in them or I need to forward a text, Clippy does an extremely great job for forwarding SMS's.
      Sorry this is the only way I could help you with for the emoticons... its better than nufin! LOL

      I read the same thing below.... oh boy not enough to make me happy... I still want the things I feel I need like many of other people....


      Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
      Apple will introduce two to three major improvements, just like they did with the 3g over the 2g (eg, appstore, 3g speeds). OLED screen although it would be awesome, it is not feasible under any circumstances to produce, its too expensive and in terms of apples history they havent been used in any ipods. The new iphone I personally think will have:

      - Better hardware, to enhance the gaming on the iphone (appstore is a money maker so it only makes sense to raise the bar in terms of what developers can make on it)

      - Backgrounding abilities (its obvious that the way apps function now are quite limiting, and so perhaps apple will eventually allow apps like intelliscreen to hit the appstore)

      - Battery life ( and why not, who can argue wtih that, and with the above mentioned, apple will need to ante up on the battery )
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
      I could swear that Apple were saying backgrounding was bad; during a keynote in January last year (I think) and the announcement of 2.0, they brought up a picture of Windows Mobile Task Manager, pointed out the faults in it (no surprise there) and then they introduced push, saying that was the way forward...Haven't heard much from the push side of things lately, so what's gonna happen?
      They said September. What year, though? Who knows :P
    1. ericidle's Avatar
      ericidle -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Not sure what I'd like in the next iPhone...
      Better camera, more storage - maybe.
      That design? No way! Those sharp corners in my pocket? Not for me. OLOED display? Why? I like the one I've got and don't want to pay a massive premium for OLED.

      The hardware as it is is damn near perfect for me - any improvements would be minor and I doubt if they would be worth me upgrading.

      All of my 'problems' with the iPhone are software related - the lack of release of proper SatNav being the only one that makes me consider changing device. If they could fix that I'd be very happy. All other things are very minor (for me - YMMV).
      Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLED) because of better battery performance and thats key to most of the things people want added. If youve ever seen an oled screen working you'd be amazed its better than the current iphone screen thinner and richer in colour with less battery drain

      Want one now?
    1. rel1215's Avatar
      rel1215 -
      don't knock what you don't understand? you seem to be lacking a little understanding too....an eleven inch oled tv runs twenty-five hundred dollars....there is no way apple could make an oled iphone profitable...either they have to charge way too much for it retail and no one buys it, or no telcom in their right mind would provide the massive subsidy needed to move the phones.

      the only way the consumer market doesn't revolt against prices going from their current level to first gen iphone prices, is with the release of a high end "pro" model, and i would bet there are a bunch of items on the list of improvements that would go into an "iphone pro" that come way before OLED.

      i understand what you're saying with improved battery life, but i bet a slightly thicker model with a bigger battery, added features like 4mp cam, more ram and any number of things we've talked about in this thread, would be more economical and marketable for apple.

      can anyone remember the ipods history??? where did it go early on?? bigger before smaller or the other way around?? i can't remember.
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      They've relatively stayed the same since it's first model with the Mini and Nano as offspring.
    1. nighthawk311's Avatar
      nighthawk311 -
      Don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but according to some pictures from Apple's latest patent, we *could* be getting Flash, Video Recording, and Video Conferencing.




      Also, there appears to be a new way of giving us more choices of words from the spell checker.