• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows
    Windows users can upgrade and jailbreak now too!

    If you care about unlocking your iPhone 3g do not update to 2.2.1 unless you are updating custom firmware with the baseband update removed. QuickPwn can not create this custom firmware. Currently PwnageTool 2.2.5 (on OS X) is the only way to make this custom 2.2.1 .ispw with the baseband update removed. Upgrading to 2.2.1 via iTunes and then jailbreaking via QuickPwn will result in no unlock for you!

    iPhone 2g owners you are safe to upgrade to 2.2.1, jailbreak with QuickPwn and unlock no problems.

    iPod Touch 1g owners. You haven't had baseband worries for ages. Have fun

    Windows QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 is where it's at.
    MMi Member Mirror
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    http://therepository.binarytide.com/...kPwn-225-2.zip

    Torrent
    QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for Windows is here SHA1 Sum - 82aae63218316af42e4fa20f8c69d9eb4fe9d4ee

    Bootloader Files
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

    Firmware
    iPhone 3g 2.2.1 Firmware Download
    iPhone 2g 2.2.1 Firmware Download
    iPod Touch 1g 2.2.1 Firmware Download
    This article was originally published in forum thread: QuickPwn 2.2.5 Released for Windows started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 171 Comments
    1. dopey26776's Avatar
      dopey26776 -
      I have the 3g with 2.2.1 with apparent baseband of 2.30. Upon jailbreak everything looks good but I have no internet connection just --- and then it says no service. I have tried several times with same result. What am I doing wrong?
    1. imagineThiss's Avatar
      imagineThiss -
      Update: ok so after many frustrating hours of trying to load a custom firmware.. with different ones.. and countless errors weather is was 1600 or 1601, i went online and googled a different way to put in dfu mode, thinking maybe the procedure i was doing was the problem... so i found a different way which was to connect the phone to the comp then turn it off (< i know weird) then hold the power and home button on till the apple logo appears, then release sleep button continue holding home button, till itunes saids recovery mode.. here is the weird thing i don't think it put the phone in dfu mode, i might of actually put it in just normal resotore mode(i think) cuzz i got the itunes logo with the wire... but HEY IT WORKEDDDD.. HURRRRAAAY im a now a proud owner of a iphone 3g 2.2.1 baseband 2.28 with t-mobile.
    1. MrWHOx's Avatar
      MrWHOx -
      Quote Originally Posted by dopey26776 View Post
      I have the 3g with 2.2.1 with apparent baseband of 2.30. Upon jailbreak everything looks good but I have no internet connection just --- and then it says no service. I have tried several times with same result. What am I doing wrong?
      you screwed up. you updated the baseband and now you CANNOT unlock. wait for the dev team to make another yellowsn0w exploit.

      In other news: I found out that 2.2.1 has a MEMORY LEAK in the safari browser and CANNOT hold cookies. I logged onto my yahoo! email account in safari and it kept asking me to log in. it happened with gmail and other sites as well.

      I DO NOT SUGGEST UPDATING TO 2.2.1 IF YOU USE SAFARI EXTENSIVELY!

      i downgraded BACK to 2.2 and find it more stable (for some odd reason). I believe that the 2.2.1 safari browser crashes less, but cannot hold cookies. It's like the cookie monster: it gobbles cookies up, but spits it out again, lol.

      Once again, DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.2.1 IF YOU USE THE SAFARI BROWSER EXTENSIVELY!!

      Also, yellowsn0w has an bug that makes the WiFi turn off everytime you restart your iPhone, so that's annoying on version 0.9.7. I downgraded back to 0.9.6 and find THAT one more stable as well.
    1. deenybird's Avatar
      deenybird -
      there are several fixes (setting perms on cookies.plist etc...) for fixing the cookie problem. have you tried any of them?
    1. MrWHOx's Avatar
      MrWHOx -
      Quote Originally Posted by deenybird View Post
      there are several fixes (setting perms on cookies.plist etc...) for fixing the cookie problem. have you tried any of them?
      there are fixes???

      dammit... i already flashed 2.2 on... nobody would help me before...

      can you post the fixes?
    1. deenybird's Avatar
      deenybird -
      What you need to do is either set the owner on the Cookies folders to “mobile” instead of “root”,

      chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Cookies/
      chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist

      or you need to allow write/modify access to the Cookies to all users.

      chmod 777 /var/mobile/Library/Cookies
      chmod 666 /var/mobile/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist

      What I did was change the owner to “mobile”. Your phone must be jailbroken, and have SSH installed. You can use Putty to SSH to your phone and do the fix.
      here's more info too
      more also
    1. MrWHOx's Avatar
      MrWHOx -
      or i could use the terminal in WinSCP. thanks, but i'll stick to 2.2. it's better, lol.

      or if you can, SSH me a copy of SafariMobile.app or whatever safari is called haha

      This has nothing to do with SafariMobile.app since the cookies are not stored in the app directory. When you upgraded the firmware from 2.2 to 2.2.1 in iTunes, did you use "Update" or "Restore"?
    1. SiddallStudios's Avatar
      SiddallStudios -
      Cool thanks. I am going to try and restore my 3g, and not sinc my stuff to it, try the jailbreak and then sinc to get my regular apps on. Hopefully this will work, since there will be a lot less apps on it, i did have quite a bit....i guess, 7 pages of apps on it.

      update - This worked...thanks for the help confucious!
    1. rryyddeerr's Avatar
      rryyddeerr -
      I keep getting an error message from my pc whenever i try to open quickpwn.exe

      "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

      any ideas?
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
      I keep getting an error message from my pc whenever i try to open quickpwn.exe

      "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

      any ideas?
      I'm not much of a PC guy but doing a quick Google search of 0xc000135 leads me to believe that you do not have the .NET framework installed. I suggest installing the .NET 3.5 libraries. You'll find them on Microsoft's website (or just do a google lookup).

      Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
      there are fixes???

      dammit... i already flashed 2.2 on... nobody would help me before...

      can you post the fixes?
      Definitely an issue with directory and plist permissions on your phone and not a problem with 2.2.1. Since this was never reported elsewhere, I suspect only you are having this issue. Either manually repair as in the last post, or run Boss Prefs "Fix User Dir Permissions". Just a guess.. When you upgraded the last time did you do an "Update" or "Restore" in iTunes? If you did an "Update" that could possibly be the reason for your issue. You have to do a "Restore"
    1. MrWHOx's Avatar
      MrWHOx -
      Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
      Definitely an issue with directory and plist permissions on your phone and not a problem with 2.2.1. Since this was never reported elsewhere, I suspect only you are having this issue. Either manually repair as in the last post, or run Boss Prefs "Fix User Dir Permissions". Just a guess.. When you upgraded the last time did you do an "Update" or "Restore" in iTunes? If you did an "Update" that could possibly be the reason for your issue. You have to do a "Restore"
      i did the whole "Shift+click restore" thang and ended up with a faulty browser... lol

      well, i'll just go with 2.2 since yellowsn0w 0.9.7 sucks, lol.
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
      i did the whole "Shift+click restore" thang and ended up with a faulty browser... lol

      well, i'll just go with 2.2 since yellowsn0w 0.9.7 sucks, lol.
      When you did a restore from backup then it probably overwrote the permissions. Try setting up as a new iPhone and then test the browser.
    1. MrWHOx's Avatar
      MrWHOx -
      yup. did that TWO times. killed it both times. then i switched to a DIFFERENT custom ipsw, but no dice. it's okay. i have fun on my 2.2. what a waste of my end of the semester, but it was worth the ride (since i'm an experienced 16 year-old), lol.
    1. Snuf's Avatar
      Snuf -
      Hello All,

      I have a 1st Gen iPhone. I currently had FW 2.2 JB/ULK'd and worked great. I DL'd FW 2.2.1 and did a restore (iTunes + shift + restore). After that I used QuickPwn to JB/UL. Everything went fine... except that when I put my T-Mobile SIM back in, it says:

      'Different SIM Detected'

      I have used FW 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.2 JB/ULK'd and gone about it the same way as I did with this, and always worked fine the first time. I have Restored 3 times now and tried to Unlock each time to no success.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      PS: I'm trying to go back to FW 2.2 right now, and see if I can get that working Unlocked.
    1. MyStur's Avatar
      MyStur -
      i have updated pwned phone from 2.2 to 2.2.1 and everything works fine for me. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!
    1. rryyddeerr's Avatar
      rryyddeerr -
      Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
      I'm not much of a PC guy but doing a quick Google search of 0xc000135 leads me to believe that you do not have the .NET framework installed. I suggest installing the .NET 3.5 libraries. You'll find them on Microsoft's website (or just do a google lookup).
      please accept my humble appologies and thanks.
      you were spot on. everything is up and running beautifully.
    1. idolpunk's Avatar
      idolpunk -
      works great for me
    1. diljosh's Avatar
      diljosh -
      I was wondering when you back up your phone, restore it and then winpawn it does all you hacks stay in place, like I have done changes to it so that I can play cracked ipas. will this go away if I restore it. I have a 2g iphone.
    1. djdelite's Avatar
      djdelite -
      have not tried an upgrade yet but hopefully everything will go well.. Ill keep u posted...by this weekend...

      Im still on version 2.1 an will go all the way with this upgrade..
    1. vtownhog's Avatar
      vtownhog -
      I am a windows user. Is there a step by step guide for doing this? I have quickpwn 2.2 Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks