• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Firmware 2.2 JAILBROKEN


    The DevTeam has released Pwnage Tool and QuickPwn 2.2 (Windows folks only have QuickPwn).

    We are uploading mirrors now, and will get you links ASAP. I'll have a full guide on upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2 here in the next hour.

    3G Jailbreak Guide is here
    1st gen Jailbreak Guide is here

    --|| LINKS ||--

    Member Mirrors:

    PwnageTool 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | Windows


    iPhone 3G 2.2 Firmware
    iPhone 2.2 Firmware

    Non-Member Mirrors:

    PwnageTool 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | Windows
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Firmware 2.2 JAILBROKEN started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 878 Comments
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by MyStur View Post
      For me has worked everything with quickpwn - but the phone must be pwned before
      pwned before what?
      I jused used quickpw22 and had no problem.
    1. bluaeon's Avatar
      bluaeon -
      does anyone know what the proper way to put the phone in recovery mode now? i have updated to 2.2 and whenever i use pwnage the instructions is for DFU mode... i held onto the power and home button for about 25 sec, until i get the picture of the USb to connect to iTunes, but whenever i opt+restore to a custom firmware, its giving me an error that i cannot update to a custom firmware. i may have missed it in these few pages back, but its a lot of pages. can someone point me to the right direction on how to put the phone on recovery mode to install my custom firmware? i am currently on iTunes 8.0.2 with 2.2 firmware on 1st gen iphone. Thanks in advance!!!
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      25 seconds - you've gone wrong!
      see iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      Quote Originally Posted by bluaeon View Post
      does anyone know what the proper way to put the phone in recovery mode now? i have updated to 2.2 and whenever i use pwnage the instructions is for DFU mode... i held onto the power and home button for about 25 sec, until i get the picture of the USb to connect to iTunes, but whenever i opt+restore to a custom firmware, its giving me an error that i cannot update to a custom firmware. i may have missed it in these few pages back, but its a lot of pages. can someone point me to the right direction on how to put the phone on recovery mode to install my custom firmware? i am currently on iTunes 8.0.2 with 2.2 firmware on 1st gen iphone. Thanks in advance!!!
      What OS X or you running? If it is 10.5.6 than you we need to use the patch for X 10.5.6!
    1. bluaeon's Avatar
      bluaeon -
      i did not upgrade my OSX just yet. i am still in 10.5.5
    1. zodiac code's Avatar
      zodiac code -
      firm ware for iphone did not work for me
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zodiac code View Post
      firm ware for iphone did not work for me
      Huh?
    1. stealthieOne's Avatar
      stealthieOne -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
      What OS X or you running? If it is 10.5.6 than you we need to use the patch for X 10.5.6!
      Where is this patch located?
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      Quote Originally Posted by stealthieOne View Post
      Where is this patch located?
      ^^^Take a look here...iClarified - iPhone - How to Enable DFU Mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6
    1. mianlien's Avatar
      mianlien -
      you should follow the instruction when you see Quickpw2.2 tell you ,if you missed or not right as it tell it will fell and do it again.
      hope you get it.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Shouldn't the original post be edited as there are lots of things in Big red letters that don't apply any more.

      Could put people using Windows off.
    1. timbo's Avatar
      timbo -
      Am I missing something??? I have had 2.2 hacked for months?!?!
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
      Am I missing something??? I have had 2.2 hacked for months?!?!
      You're missing the fact that the first post was done on 23/11/08 - the day after 2.2 came out and when the jailbrake was made available - I'd be surprised if you had it hacked much before then....

      I found this thread when someone else was pointed in this direction - if people find it now they are likely to get confused as things have moved on.
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Cleared everything up with the 1st post. Enjoy...
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      That's better
      Thanks for sorting it - hopefully it won't scare people off now!
    1. DMI187's Avatar
      DMI187 -
      Thanx for everything
    1. brad511's Avatar
      brad511 -
      will that work with the 2g?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by brad511 View Post
      will that work with the 2g?
      The 2G is the first gen iPhone and there is a link in big red letters in the first post.
      With the 2G you are safe to upgrade to 2.21 as the baseband hasn't changed.

      Have fun