• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible
    The dev team has done it again and this time in only one day. You can now grab your copy of QuickPwn or PwnageTool for Mac OS X that will allow you to pwn your iPhone that is already at firmware version 2.1 or load on a custom 2.1 .ispw.



    Here's the OS X PwnageTool guide.

    Need Firmware?

    3g iPhone 2.1
    2g iPhone 2.1

    Yes there are no issues with iTunes 8 when you use these. No patching required at all Windows users will need to wait a bit for Windows programs to catch up. These are not for the new iPod Touch since the devs don't have one yet.

    Just like last time, they've initially released the tools via bit torrent only. MMi has provided mirrors as well. Here's the download info:

    Pwnage Tool 2.1 (OS X)

    QuickPwn Tool 1.1 (OS X)

    [via iphone-dev]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 608 Comments
    1. pottyvick's Avatar
      pottyvick -
      Quote Originally Posted by pispuso View Post
      Looks like Snapture, Qik and at least VideoRecorder doesnt work on 2.1 as i already checked in other forums... dammit ><
      This sucks...I can almost gurantee you that cycorder is out of comish on 2.1...I thin im going to wait to update, I like my apps too much....
    1. KabutoCub's Avatar
      KabutoCub -
      ab03 asked this:

      "For windows users, if you download the 2.1 ATT hacked FW, can you just shift + restore in iTunes 8?"

      That's my only question too... wanna be sure. ^__^
    1. PeterToo's Avatar
      PeterToo -
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterToo View Post
      WARNING!!!

      Quickpwn + iPhone OS 2.1 + Poof = Disaster!!

      Just QuickPwn'd my iPhone 3G OS 2.1 and Poof'd a few apps I didn't want on the springboard - including Poof - opting to launch these via AppFlow instead as I had done till now.

      The problem? AppFlow does not work anymore! And with Poof poof'd, I can't launch it to unpoof the apps I poof'd!

      Tried gLauncher and Launcher too, and they don't work either!!

      SO TREAD CAREFULLY IF YOU DECIDE TO USE POOF ON 2.1!!!

      Peter
      If you landed in this predicament too, the BossPrefs is your friend! Install it, and launch Poof from there!

      Peter
    1. KabutoCub's Avatar
      KabutoCub -
      Saurik is awesome about updating his apps. I'm sure Cycorder will be updated soon. Same goes with Winterboard and Cydia if needed.
    1. movieman's Avatar
      movieman -
      is anyone having problem with apps hanging upon launching? first upgraded to 2.1 from 2.01 using itunes directly, issues so i restored to factory using itunes then upgraded again using pwnage back to 2.1. apps still hang and some just lock-up. mail, settings, etc

      anyone?
    1. Jazz2k8's Avatar
      Jazz2k8 -
      I have uploaded my custom restore file..

      It is created for iPhone 3G (option i chose was YES it has previously been PWN... - but i doubt that matters as the file is made before this question / option occurs...)

      To use this Custom Restore...

      1) Put your iPhone into restore mode so that iTunes detects the iPhone and shows an error saying it needs to be restored....

      2) Find the file just downloaded and let it restore... DO NOT TOUCH ITUNES OR IPHONE UNTILL ITS COMPLETED...

      3) Restore should take around 5 to 7 mins at the most..

      CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
    1. SLapp's Avatar
      SLapp -
      did you ever figure out how to seed it? Im not getting any seeds from anybody
    1. smeeshum's Avatar
      smeeshum -
      Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
      dude where'd you get the patch MobileInstalltion file? is it the same for 2.1 as well?
      YEAH ITS THE SAME ONE!! ITS WICKED!! I now have all my original apps and all my hacked IPA apps running.
      My only issue is I copied all my old folder contents in VAR/STASH to the new folders and I still dont have my old Jailbroken Apps on my Springboard.
      I remember reading somewhere that you have to delete a Cache file when you install new files and then reboot. Im going to try and find that now.
      So Far so Good though!!
    1. SLapp's Avatar
      SLapp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jazz2k8 View Post
      I have uploaded my custom restore file..

      It is created for iPhone 3G (option i chose was YES it has previously been PWN... - but i doubt that matters as the file is made before this question / option occurs...)

      To use this Custom Restore...

      1) Put your iPhone into restore mode so that iTunes detects the iPhone and shows an error saying it needs to be restored....

      2) Find the file just downloaded and let it restore... DO NOT TOUCH ITUNES OR IPHONE UNTILL ITS COMPLETED...

      3) Restore should take around 5 to 7 mins at the most..

      CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
      Is that for ATT users or no?
    1. smeeshum's Avatar
      smeeshum -
      Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
      dude where'd you get the patch MobileInstalltion file? is it the same for 2.1 as well?
      YEAH ITS THE SAME ONE!! ITS WICKED!! I now have all my original apps and all my hacked IPA apps running.
      My only issue is I copied all my old folder contents in VAR/STASH to the new folders and I still dont have my old Jailbroken Apps on my Springboard.
      I remember reading somewhere that you have to delete a Cache file when you install new files and then reboot. Im going to try and find that now.
      So Far so Good though!!
    1. Bouzo's Avatar
      Bouzo -
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterToo View Post
      ......And with Poof poof'd, I can't launch it to unpoof the apps I poof'd!
      Read that to yourself over and over LOL!
    1. LastSonOfKrypton's Avatar
      LastSonOfKrypton -
      Anyone figure out how to get Winterboard to hide dock labels on 2.1 yet? I've tried using the included "Transparent Icon Labels" theme included and that doesn't even do the trick!
    1. smeeshum's Avatar
      smeeshum -
      Could have an issue, I installed Categories and now my iPhone now wont boot, just staying on the Pineapple Screen :-(

      I have found that Itunes recognises it and I can still SSH into it though? Very strange, In fact it just rebooted???

      Any idea's?
    1. toothy17's Avatar
      toothy17 -
      i posted a thread on this yesterday for a windows machine http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post2164001
    1. macachia's Avatar
      macachia -
      any idea where they shifted the APN settings to? (APN, login, password entries). I can't seem to find them anywhere
    1. H0CKEY's Avatar
      H0CKEY -
      well i got the custom 2.1 ipsw and have seeded 800+mb and still superseeding and soon i'll give it a try and hope all goes well...thanx to whom ever uploaded the firmware ;-)
    1. zlinger's Avatar
      zlinger -
      Smeeshum: Ya, I'm having the same issue too, but with the Apple logo. I need to restore it, but have been having difficulty. Update: it restored fine, now will try again.
    1. Jazz2k8's Avatar
      Jazz2k8 -
      Sorry, iv updated the url to THIS LINK - (same file).

      Yes well i shall imagine so.. i unticked the Activate tick box as im legit on 02-uk... sorry.. forgot to mention it...
    1. connekted's Avatar
      connekted -
      Hiding dock labels worked for me. I just moved the transparent icon labels to the top of the list and it worked just fine. My problem is the majority of the themes I use cut off some of the icons graphics. Its like the screen is reformatted to have smaller icon graphics.. or maybe im just losing my mind..

      im still testing different apps, but so far i am going to assume that winterboard prob needs an update cause something has to be different with the 2.1 firmware
    1. coppernights's Avatar
      coppernights -
      all of my apps from cydia and the app store are working flawlessly! i had some issues with the apn settings but other than that this firmware seems to be amazing. it's way faster to do anything signal strength seems to be better as well.

      great job dev tem!!

      2g iphone unlocked and jailbroken with pwnage