• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • WinPwn 2.0 Released


    cmw has released WinPwn 2.0 - you can now jailbreak your 2.0 iPhone/iPod Touch/iPhone 3G in Windows easily.

    The WinPwn site is up and down with the intense traffic, but here's the post, in case you can't get it to load...

    WinPwn 2.0

    - Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0

    - Custom Image Support

    - Custom Payload Support

    - 3g iPhone support


    2.0 How to:

    - 1) First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.

    - 2) Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash
    Custom IPSW files via DFU mode

    - 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click
    Here.

    - 4) Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.


    Done!
    Important Notes
    Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely if you have it installed. Installing over the top of WinPwn 1.0 will cause problems.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix

    Thanks again for all those who supported me. WinPwn was made possible by PlanetBeing, Squpix and the dev team ( Especially Wizdaz, MuscleNerd, Gray, Pumpkin, bgm, roxfan ). I will be updating WinPwn with some better features and upgrading the credits and help sections over the next few days.

    Much love
    cmw
    Here's a ModMyI.com mirror for ya of the file (here's a non-member one), or you can grab it from RapidShare.

    Thanks to the dozens that sent this in.

    Also, cmw says there seems to be issue with Cydia on some XP machines, and he will be releasing a fix tomorrow.

    Edit Poseidon: Here is a nice guide written by theiphoneproject. I'm sure we'll have one up soon...

    WinPwn 2.0 Guide


    The new release 2.0.0.3 is out which should fix the Cydia/XP bug along with some others listed

    Here's some more useful info on firmware files:

    Quote Originally Posted by skillzdan
    for the new winpwn, you need to make sure you're using the right firmware for your phone or it will be buggy / cause problems.

    there is one firmware for the 3g (which winpwn recognizes and doesnt allow unlock) and there is one for the 1st gen which winpwn will recognize and allow unlock. you should put this in the post so people can download the correct firmware.

    here is link to both.

    iPhone 3g firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    iPhone first generation firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 999 Comments
    1. wildcatxiii's Avatar
      wildcatxiii -
      Quote Originally Posted by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian View Post
      OK i installed winpwn 2.0.3 and have never had any other winpwn on pc, i downloaded restore file (the one that ends in 7) and when i use winpwn and build the custom file, it ALWAYS crashes at the end and never finishes properly and it creates a file but its only 200kbs and does nothing, and doesnt show that finished screen, only crashes, and then nothing, and ive done it many times, and ive even gone as far as reformatting my pc, cuz i thought maybe it was my pc, CAN ANYONE HELP, i cant even make the custom file to continue with pwning on my pc. PLEASE I AM DESPERATE
      same thing happens to me , or i get a message saying that it failed to make the ipsw custom.
    1. ssfirme's Avatar
      ssfirme -
      will this software unlock my 3g iphone to use with t-mobile
    1. VPxPrettyBoy's Avatar
      VPxPrettyBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by ssfirme View Post
      will this software unlock my 3g iphone to use with t-mobile
      3g iphone CANNOT be unlocked
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by wildcatxiii View Post
      same thing happens to me , or i get a message saying that it failed to make the ipsw custom.
      Ok first did you uninstall any previous versions of winpwn? second did you clean out all remaining remnents of that previous version>? Did you right-click properties on winpwn.exe and "run as administrator"? Have you stopped ituneshelper.exe and any other associated processes with itunes before starting? then once youve checked all of these things go to your startup and uncheck everything and then reboot your pc. Now open itunes with your phone at the locked home screen. plug in your phone. Now open winpwn and begin your steps.

      And to whomever is crashing note: If you are running XP Pro download the new version 2.0.0.3 and again remove all remnants of older versions and read above. If you are running Vista read above.
    1. g-reed's Avatar
      g-reed -
      WinPwn works but once installed my phone stopped working...couldn't make outgoing or receive incoming calls...even with activate phone turned on...but everything else worked excellent...tried twice and same results :'(
    1. aqd84's Avatar
      aqd84 -
      Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
      so for the 3g, all i check off in advanced is:

      -activate phone
      -enable baseband update
      -neuter bootloader

      and do not select "youtube fix"

      Is this all i need?
      HEY for 3G you just check cydia installer... not youtube fix... and on the advance tab... dont check anything!!! UNCHECK EVERYTHING in advance tab.. so you have NOTHING checked...
    1. ivanud's Avatar
      ivanud -
      Hello Guys!!

      I've just followed all the steps that are very well detailed (congrats for it!! you should work on manual making, lol; just kidding) on the guide but, once I created the custom ipsw, suddenly the pwn app closed: is this correct?

      However, I still following the process and, when I tried to restore (pressing shift+restore on iTunes 7.7), the iTunes gave an error message (attached in a .pdf document, you'll find the image of the spanish version I am currently using): something like "unknown error (1403)"

      Can someone tell me if am I doing something wrong?

      Thanks in advance!!

      Ivan
    1. wildcatxiii's Avatar
      wildcatxiii -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      Ok first did you uninstall any previous versions of winpwn? second did you clean out all remaining remnents of that previous version>? Did you right-click properties on winpwn.exe and "run as administrator"? Have you stopped ituneshelper.exe and any other associated processes with itunes before starting? then once youve checked all of these things go to your startup and uncheck everything and then reboot your pc. Now open itunes with your phone at the locked home screen. plug in your phone. Now open winpwn and begin your steps.

      And to whomever is crashing note: If you are running XP Pro download the new version 2.0.0.3 and again remove all remnants of older versions and read above. If you are running Vista read above.
      i did all of the above but it still gives me the error.
    1. iancdp's Avatar
      iancdp -
      hey guys on my xp pc I was able to create a fw but without cydia and in my gfs laptop running vista it does everything so maybe u guys should try a different pc even u guys that have vista u never know it worked for me after mines always failed
    1. aqd84's Avatar
      aqd84 -
      ok i dont know how you guys are getting this error.. i never had these errors.. just only not reconizing my carrier,

      so you just uninstall the older winpwn if you had.. and install new..

      close any running programs

      have your iphone connected.. itunes pops up for mine when i connect my iphone.. so i still have tunes up..
      then i open up winpwn..
      i then browse for ipsw and checked the restore firmware (the one you download)
      then it will do its thing and build ipsw pops up..
      i checked cydia installer only.. uncheck youtube fix..
      then chose my custom images..
      then go to advance and skip the payload thing...
      uncheck everything on advance tab (so that you have nothing checked)
      then hit build

      and it will do its thing.. for about 10 mins or so...
      just be patient..

      then it will say its been successfully created. then you this ipwner.. to pwn your itunes.. and select the CUSTOM firmware that has been created..

      then it will say you can restore using dfu mode..

      u then hold both home and power button for 7 seconds.. (so the "slide to turn off screen pops up" then it blacks out"} YOU WILL keep holding it for 2 seconds after it blacks out..

      then let go of the power button.. but still holding the home button for like 10 to 15 seconds...

      then let go and itunes should pop up and say its in restore mode.. then you click ok..
      and HOLD SHIFT and PRESS RESTORE.. and choose the custom firmware....

      it will restore and BOOOM!!!

      once its done you will see the connect to itunes on the screen.. jsut leave it and itunes will then reconize your phone..


      then hit the home button on your iphone telling you to slide to unlock..

      and everything should work from there..

      that is what I did AND MY 3G is pwned and jailbroken.. carrier reconized..

      maybe you guys arnt in dfu mode.. or when the ipsw was created you guys when straight to restore and forgot to ipwn itunes??

      or u guys didnt go to DFU mode correctly??

      cuz i never got not ERROR doin this.. i just have a XP computer old as hell.. bought it in 2004 lol
    1. taytuan's Avatar
      taytuan -
      Ive made it! just wanna say special thanks to MUGGS!!
    1. opsgoon's Avatar
      opsgoon -
      Hi Everyone

      I have stopped the Itunes parts in task manager but when I select the items in Winpwn and run the custom restore it stops near the end with a 4kb file.

      Can someone shed some advice on this subject?

      Its driving me mad.


      Opsgoon
    1. wildcatxiii's Avatar
      wildcatxiii -
      Quote Originally Posted by aqd84 View Post
      ok i dont know how you guys are getting this error.. i never had these errors.. just only not reconizing my carrier,

      so you just uninstall the older winpwn if you had.. and install new..

      close any running programs

      have your iphone connected.. itunes pops up for mine when i connect my iphone.. so i still have tunes up..
      then i open up winpwn..
      i then browse for ipsw and checked the restore firmware (the one you download)
      then it will do its thing and build ipsw pops up..
      i checked cydia installer only.. uncheck youtube fix..
      then chose my custom images..
      then go to advance and skip the payload thing...
      uncheck everything on advance tab (so that you have nothing checked)
      then hit build

      and it will do its thing.. for about 10 mins or so...
      just be patient..

      then it will say its been successfully created. then you this ipwner.. to pwn your itunes.. and select the CUSTOM firmware that has been created..

      then it will say you can restore using dfu mode..

      u then hold both home and power button for 7 seconds.. (so the "slide to turn off screen pops up" then it blacks out"} YOU WILL keep holding it for 2 seconds after it blacks out..

      then let go of the power button.. but still holding the home button for like 10 to 15 seconds...

      then let go and itunes should pop up and say its in restore mode.. then you click ok..
      and HOLD SHIFT and PRESS RESTORE.. and choose the custom firmware....

      it will restore and BOOOM!!!

      once its done you will see the connect to itunes on the screen.. jsut leave it and itunes will then reconize your phone..


      then hit the home button on your iphone telling you to slide to unlock..

      and everything should work from there..

      that is what I did AND MY 3G is pwned and jailbroken.. carrier reconized..

      maybe you guys arnt in dfu mode.. or when the ipsw was created you guys when straight to restore and forgot to ipwn itunes??

      or u guys didnt go to DFU mode correctly??

      cuz i never got not ERROR doin this.. i just have a XP computer old as hell.. bought it in 2004 lol
      still doesn't work. any help
    1. pfcfury's Avatar
      pfcfury -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVILFRED View Post
      Ok. I got a issue but not jailbreaking nor service. I have At@t contract and a 3G iPhone. Its jailbroken and fine. But when I open cydia and instail a program my phone is done. Does not reboot and when I turn off and turn it back on I just see the apple logo. What is going on ? At this moment all the issue people are having with there 3G iPhone its not even worth to jailbreak until its steady.
      it is steady i believe you must have made a mistake somewhere. cydia would not have been released unless its stable, same goes with installer.

      Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
      3g iphone CANNOT be unlocked
      not true it will allow you to use t-mobile just not the 3G network.

      Can We make this a sticky real quick

      Error 6 means to keep retrying to install custom firmware... it will work!

      Error 1600-1606 means itunes did not find the iphone again means to physically disconnect and re-connect the phone while the status bar is at preparing iphone for restore!!!

      Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
      2.0 sucks, I'm downgrading back to 1.4! The appstore is cool and all and the programs are really streamlined but it's so BORING without all the dirty little apps and themes n stuff. Unless you have a 3G i don't think it's worth it.
      Ya Springboard just got released along with a few other goodies. If you have patience and wait a friggin minute you'll have all of those apps again. People its just a matter of time everything is ported over to 2.0
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by wildcatxiii View Post
      still doesn't work. any help
      First, Are you trying to do this while the phone is already jailbroken? or on factory 2.0? Do you have .net framework 2.0 installed? ( If youre running XP, vista already runs higher You can check several ways but you probably should just go to add/remove programs and check the list.
      If yes uninstall winpwn. go to windows search > all files/folders > anything related to winpwn & whatever it pulls up, erase. Then restart your pc (again making sure nothing is in your startup) reinstall winpwn 2.0.0.3 and then plug in your phone (while on the locked, emergency screen) now let itunes load and do its thing. Then close all running processes pertaining to itunes Except itunes.exe. Open winpwn. pwn itunes with custom you have built, then either restore to factory 2.0 or try the custom. Hold the home and power button for 2 seconds after the screen goes black, then release the power button until windows indicates (ding dong) its connected then shift+restore after hitting ok. restore, if it appears to hang a bit trying to go into restore mode, unplug and plug in the phone to a diff. port or the same. And it should go from there. Let it do its thing and dont touch it until its done flashing Bootloader/baseband. THIS SHOULD WORK!!!!!!!

      REMEBER: It dongs once on your pc when the screen goes black, this is the point where you release the power still holding home. When it dongs the second time release home, it may take up to 45 seconds.
    1. wildcatxiii's Avatar
      wildcatxiii -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      First, Are you trying to do this while the phone is already jailbroken? or on factory 2.0? Do you have .net framework 2.0 installed? ( If youre running XP, vista already runs higher You can check several ways but you probably should just go to add/remove programs and check the list.
      If yes uninstall winpwn. go to windows search > all files/folders > anything related to winpwn & whatever it pulls up, erase. Then restart your pc (again making sure nothing is in your startup) reinstall winpwn 2.0.0.3 and then plug in your phone (while on the locked, emergency screen) now let itunes load and do its thing. Then close all running processes pertaining to itunes Except itunes.exe. Open winpwn. pwn itunes with custom you have built, then either restore to factory 2.0 or try the custom. Hold the home and power button for 2 seconds after the screen goes black, then release the power button until windows indicates (ding dong) its connected then shift+restore after hitting ok. restore, if it appears to hang a bit trying to go into restore mode, unplug and plug in the phone to a diff. port or the same. And it should go from there. Let it do its thing and dont touch it until its done flashing Bootloader/baseband. THIS SHOULD WORK!!!!!!!

      REMEBER: It dongs once on your pc when the screen goes black, this is the point where you release the power still holding home. When it dongs the second time release home, it may take up to 45 seconds.
      ill give it a try and get back to you.
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by wildcatxiii View Post
      ill give it a try and get back to you.
      If it never dongs a second time after youve released power. restart the phone and start over it should take the 2nd time. Its useless to try and restore if it doesnt ding!
    1. wildcatxiii's Avatar
      wildcatxiii -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      If it never dongs a second time after youve released power. restart the phone and start over it should take the 2nd time. Its useless to try and restore if it doesnt ding!
      i know how to do the dfu and everything its just this winpwn is giving me trouble ill try it as soon as i get home.
    1. freenrich's Avatar
      freenrich -
      I jailbroke my new iphone 3g today. I followed the instructions and unchecked activate iphone. It worked, except now I don't seem to be getting any o2 signal at all. IT doesnt even show up in settings that i'm on o2. Has anyone else had this problem? :/
    1. vikas_vasudeva's Avatar
      vikas_vasudeva -
      I was originally having iPhone 1.1.2 and I used iLiberty+ to activate, unlock and upgrade it to iPhone 1.1.4. I tried using winpwn 2 to upgrade my 1st gen iPhone to iPhone 2.0. These are the steps I followed:

      1. Upgraded to iPhone 2.0 using iTunes.
      2. Followed the instructions as per winpwn website, created custom ipsw file.
      3. Restarted the iPhone in DFU mode, and selected the custom ipsw file.
      4. After giving the extraction message, iTunes immediatly gives me the error.
      5. I am also unable to restore myiPhone to 1.1.4