• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • WinPwn 2.0 Released


    cmw has released WinPwn 2.0 - you can now jailbreak your 2.0 iPhone/iPod Touch/iPhone 3G in Windows easily.

    The WinPwn site is up and down with the intense traffic, but here's the post, in case you can't get it to load...

    WinPwn 2.0

    - Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0

    - Custom Image Support

    - Custom Payload Support

    - 3g iPhone support


    2.0 How to:

    - 1) First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.

    - 2) Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash
    Custom IPSW files via DFU mode

    - 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click
    Here.

    - 4) Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.


    Done!
    Important Notes
    Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely if you have it installed. Installing over the top of WinPwn 1.0 will cause problems.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix

    Thanks again for all those who supported me. WinPwn was made possible by PlanetBeing, Squpix and the dev team ( Especially Wizdaz, MuscleNerd, Gray, Pumpkin, bgm, roxfan ). I will be updating WinPwn with some better features and upgrading the credits and help sections over the next few days.

    Much love
    cmw
    Here's a ModMyI.com mirror for ya of the file (here's a non-member one), or you can grab it from RapidShare.

    Thanks to the dozens that sent this in.

    Also, cmw says there seems to be issue with Cydia on some XP machines, and he will be releasing a fix tomorrow.

    Edit Poseidon: Here is a nice guide written by theiphoneproject. I'm sure we'll have one up soon...

    WinPwn 2.0 Guide


    The new release 2.0.0.3 is out which should fix the Cydia/XP bug along with some others listed

    Here's some more useful info on firmware files:

    Quote Originally Posted by skillzdan
    for the new winpwn, you need to make sure you're using the right firmware for your phone or it will be buggy / cause problems.

    there is one firmware for the 3g (which winpwn recognizes and doesnt allow unlock) and there is one for the 1st gen which winpwn will recognize and allow unlock. you should put this in the post so people can download the correct firmware.

    here is link to both.

    iPhone 3g firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    iPhone first generation firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 999 Comments
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      this is definitely not working and it's 3:14 AM. I'm going to bed. hopefully it will work in the morning
    1. boomish69's Avatar
      boomish69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      Awesome work guys.

      Saves me using MacOSX which sux.
      yea great work..

      Nothing wrong with OSX, I just switched from XP to a mac for my home/office and it's fantastic for photo's, films, mail etc compared to XP it's years ahead.
      I still have a gaming machine running vista 64 as my Quad core PC rules for games, but the OS is way better on OSX.
    1. mebx86's Avatar
      mebx86 -
      I'm getting error 1601 after restoring!!!!! please help
    1. cyruskayos's Avatar
      cyruskayos -
      im stuck in recovery mode i think...every home/power button combo i use i still end up at the connect to itunes screen...i dont know if im in DFU mode or what but idk what to do....everytime i try to load the custom firmware with itunes i get error 6 (yes i pwnd itunes) im using a legit 3g iphone

      am i in dfu mode?
      why do i get error 6?
    1. Teh H4RrY's Avatar
      Teh H4RrY -
      So this whipes my phone? Back to factory brought and start from a fresh 2.0 unlocked scratch?
    1. mebx86's Avatar
      mebx86 -
      Need help with the 1601 error after restoring please :/ :/
    1. titeo's Avatar
      titeo -
      try restoring under normal mode instead of DFU mode. i was getting that error too, so i risked and tried under normal mode, and it worked fine.

      btw, any feel like 2.0 is way slower? it takes quite longer when you go into something. like tapping on settings, the page will pop up but the menus and etc will take time to load up. so does most apps, youtube, maps, safari. sometimes even typing is delayed.

      just feels really sluggish and slow imo.
    1. i pimping's Avatar
      i pimping -
      its a load of crap it dont work why give software out when it dont work my phone is stuck now

      Edit Poseidon: Watch the language.
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by cyruskayos View Post
      im stuck in recovery mode i think...every home/power button combo i use i still end up at the connect to itunes screen...i dont know if im in DFU mode or what but idk what to do....everytime i try to load the custom firmware with itunes i get error 6 (yes i pwnd itunes) im using a legit 3g iphone

      am i in dfu mode?
      why do i get error 6?

      You are not in DFU mode. DFU mode has a black screen. First connect the phone to the PC and fire up iTunes. Then perform the procedure to place the phone into DFU mode. If successful, the screen will be black and iTunes will report the phone is in recovery mode. If you see the connect to iTunes graphic on the screen then you are NOT in DFU mode. Try again until the screen is BLACK
    1. brab's Avatar
      brab -
      Installer doesn't come with winpwn correct?
    1. cyruskayos's Avatar
      cyruskayos -
      Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
      You are not in DFU mode. DFU mode has a black screen. First connect the phone to the PC and fire up iTunes. Then perform the procedure to place the phone into DFU mode. If successful, the screen will be black and iTunes will report the phone is in recovery mode. If you see the connect to iTunes graphic on the screen then you are NOT in DFU mode. Try again until the screen is BLACK
      EDIT: okay im in recovery mode...i ended up getting it...

      but now im getting error 1600

      what does that mean?
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
      try restoring under normal mode instead of DFU mode. i was getting that error too, so i risked and tried under normal mode, and it worked fine.

      btw, any feel like 2.0 is way slower? it takes quite longer when you go into something. like tapping on settings, the page will pop up but the menus and etc will take time to load up. so does most apps, youtube, maps, safari. sometimes even typing is delayed.

      just feels really sluggish and slow imo.
      It's an issue with 2.0 if you restore from backup. After pwning the phone and rebooting setup as a new phone in iTunes.
    1. crazyballer's Avatar
      crazyballer -
      Guys, this is NOT ready.

      When restoring, it seemed like I got every error possible, including 1600, 1601, 1605, and others.

      Even before that, I created my fake firmware without Cydia because I couldn't make one with it checked. What's the use of a T-Mobile unlock without access to the $5.99 internet plan?

      I'm restoring to 1.1.4 as I type this, and am Ziphone'ing it as I type this, and will be spending the next half hour getting it back to its previous shape. Then it's bed time.

      Again, I do not feel this piece of software is ready for public use.



      I'll check back in the morning, good luck guys, and I am grateful for such a supportive and active community who tirelessly support such a fun and revolutionary product.
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by i pimping View Post
      its a load of **** it dont work why give software out when it dont work my phone is stuck now
      It does work... what doesn't work is not following instructions. You should wait until a guide comes out or read all the posts first. Don't complain about something that is free. If you don't like it then write your own.

      Quote Originally Posted by cyruskayos View Post
      EDIT: okay im in recovery mode...i ended up getting it...

      but now im getting error 1600

      what does that mean?
      Is the screen BLACK and is iTunes reporting the phone is in recovery mode? Also, which version of iTunes are you using? Try running the previous version of winpwn and restore your phone to 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.5 and winpwn 1.0. That might fix the issue
    1. cyruskayos's Avatar
      cyruskayos -
      Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
      It does work... what doesn't work is not following instructions. You should wait until a guide comes out or read all the posts first. Don't complain about something that is free. If you don't like it then write your own.



      Is the screen BLACK and is iTunes reporting the phone is in recovery mode? Also, which version of iTunes are you using?
      yes the screen is black...its 100% in DFU mode... and yes itunes is reporting it in recovery mode...im using the latest version of itunes...

      EDIT: i just tried it again and i got 1601 error

      .....help? its 6:08 am lol

      EDIT EDIT: im using a 3G iphone...i cant go to 1.1.4
    1. imode's Avatar
      imode -
      Quote Originally Posted by cyruskayos View Post
      yes the screen is black...its 100% in DFU mode... and yes itunes is reporting it in recovery mode...im using the latest version of itunes...

      EDIT: i just tried it again and i got 1601 error

      .....help? its 6:08 am lol
      One last thing to try. Go to directory:

      CDocuments and Settings\XXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

      where XXX is your user name. Rename the file iPodDevices.xml or move it on to your desktop. Restart iTunes, try again.
    1. cyruskayos's Avatar
      cyruskayos -
      Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
      One last thing to try. Go to directory:

      Cocuments and SettingsXXXLocal SettingsApplication DataApple ComputeriTunes

      where XXX is your user name. Rename the file iPodDevices.xml or move it on to your desktop. Restart iTunes, try again.
      thanks for the help, i'm trying it now, i'll edit this post with the result

      EDIT:

      Nope, that didnt work, i still got error 1601 any more suggestions?
    1. i pimping's Avatar
      i pimping -
      Edit.my phone is stuck in recovery DONT TRY WINPWN YET IT DONT WORK
    1. brevity_011's Avatar
      brevity_011 -
      dint work for me as well.
    1. cockyjeremy's Avatar
      cockyjeremy -
      I already jailbroke my phone manually.. can i choose a custom image without having to re-jailbreak?

      Thanks.