• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • WinPwn 2.0 Released


    cmw has released WinPwn 2.0 - you can now jailbreak your 2.0 iPhone/iPod Touch/iPhone 3G in Windows easily.

    The WinPwn site is up and down with the intense traffic, but here's the post, in case you can't get it to load...

    WinPwn 2.0

    - Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0

    - Custom Image Support

    - Custom Payload Support

    - 3g iPhone support


    2.0 How to:

    - 1) First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.

    - 2) Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash
    Custom IPSW files via DFU mode

    - 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click
    Here.

    - 4) Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.


    Done!
    Important Notes
    Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely if you have it installed. Installing over the top of WinPwn 1.0 will cause problems.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix

    Thanks again for all those who supported me. WinPwn was made possible by PlanetBeing, Squpix and the dev team ( Especially Wizdaz, MuscleNerd, Gray, Pumpkin, bgm, roxfan ). I will be updating WinPwn with some better features and upgrading the credits and help sections over the next few days.

    Much love
    cmw
    Here's a ModMyI.com mirror for ya of the file (here's a non-member one), or you can grab it from RapidShare.

    Thanks to the dozens that sent this in.

    Also, cmw says there seems to be issue with Cydia on some XP machines, and he will be releasing a fix tomorrow.

    Edit Poseidon: Here is a nice guide written by theiphoneproject. I'm sure we'll have one up soon...

    WinPwn 2.0 Guide


    The new release 2.0.0.3 is out which should fix the Cydia/XP bug along with some others listed

    Here's some more useful info on firmware files:

    Quote Originally Posted by skillzdan
    for the new winpwn, you need to make sure you're using the right firmware for your phone or it will be buggy / cause problems.

    there is one firmware for the 3g (which winpwn recognizes and doesnt allow unlock) and there is one for the 1st gen which winpwn will recognize and allow unlock. you should put this in the post so people can download the correct firmware.

    here is link to both.

    iPhone 3g firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    iPhone first generation firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 999 Comments
    1. VPxPrettyBoy's Avatar
      VPxPrettyBoy -
      restored my iphone 3g to 2.0.1 using the new winpwn, works great.
    1. vietkiller's Avatar
      vietkiller -
      i need help i press shift restoree and it extract but it couldnt restore it keep on saying error
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vietkiller View Post
      i need help i press shift restoree and it extract but it couldnt restore it keep on saying error
      Youve just posted on page 62..... Have you even bothered to read through the previous pages? Believe me, any error possible has been covered over and over, read through.
    1. omega0z1's Avatar
      omega0z1 -
      will i encounter problems if i use 7.7.1 itunes to upload my custum file?

      I found some glitches with the 2.0 is 2.0.1 any better
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Nope, I used 7.7.1 itunes to pwn to 2.0.1
      At this point I wouldnt even bother with 2.0 pwn anymore Id just go to straight to the new winpwn guide just recently posted here on MMi I can say for sure 2.0.1 is running so much faster and better than 2.0 ever dreamed of. and with that said I never had edge run so fast as It did with 2.0 now it seems even faster.
      My backup was restored quickly last night with all contacts, music, movies.
    1. chr_mar's Avatar
      chr_mar -
      I have a 3G iPhone with Rogers in Canada. I went step-by-step and the PWN worked but now I have NO SERVICE. Any Ideas????

      I have a 3G iPhone with Rogers in Canada. I went step-by-step and the PWN worked but now I have NO SERVICE. I checked Cydia and Installer and in Advanced I checked Activate and No Wipe. Any Ideas????
    1. qtazntpaboi's Avatar
      qtazntpaboi -
      I downloaded the new installer and I did the restore putting my Iphone in DFU mode and it loads up the customize firmware and my iphone no longers reads ATT. Can someone help me with this new update? Thanks.
    1. Levi770's Avatar
      Levi770 -
      i made a mistake and finally upgraded from 1.14 to 2.01 thru itunes. i am now trying to reverse it but when i try to restore to 1.14 i get a error 20. i have done it thru itunes 7.5 as required and deleted the .itl file. is there anyone that can help a lost soul? or at least how to unlock it thru windows?
    1. Teh H4RrY's Avatar
      Teh H4RrY -
      Whoo Upgraded to 2.0.1 No problems..Aside from failing DFU mode repeatly (I let go of home after 10 seconds not power) Now the long task of resyncing. Albeit one step just takes for ever. Anyone have anynews on the new installer and when it'll have apps?
    1. justgiveittome's Avatar
      justgiveittome -
      hey i have 1.1.3 also - so this means i can move from 1.1.3 str8 to 2.0

      does it matter how u jailbroke/unlocked the phone??

      do you have to start again with regards to appz and your phone books as in type it in manually all over again or is there some sort of back up you can use to restore your phone book contacts?

      does this wipe everything from your phone??

      Many thanks
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
      hey i have 1.1.3 also - so this means i can move from 1.1.3 str8 to 2.0

      does it matter how u jailbroke/unlocked the phone??

      do you have to start again with regards to appz and your phone books as in type it in manually all over again or is there some sort of back up you can use to restore your phone book contacts?

      does this wipe everything from your phone??

      Many thanks
      You can do a backup in itunes and go straight into pwning 2.0.1 or 2.0 Whats really cool about 2.0 is just in case you didnt save your contacts on itunes, if your contacts are saved on your sim there is an option in general settings "mail, contacts, etc" that allow you to port your contacts from your sim. But yes, when you upgrade to pwned 2.0 or 2.0.1 it does erase the phone completely. But with 2.0 and 2.0.1 there are so many more options/features that starting over is the best suggestion. The only thing you can port from 1.1.4 and earlier are contacts and anything you normally sync from itunes. (music, photos, etc)
    1. sadc's Avatar
      sadc -
      I get a trouble code when i try to install winpwn ver 2.0.0.4

      I get

      "To run this application, you first my install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0. 50727 Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate verison of the .NET Freamework"

      How can i fix?
    1. justgiveittome's Avatar
      justgiveittome -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      You can do a backup in itunes and go straight into pwning 2.0.1 or 2.0 Whats really cool about 2.0 is just in case you didnt save your contacts on itunes, if your contacts are saved on your sim there is an option in general settings "mail, contacts, etc" that allow you to port your contacts from your sim. But yes, when you upgrade to pwned 2.0 or 2.0.1 it does erase the phone completely. But with 2.0 and 2.0.1 there are so many more options/features that starting over is the best suggestion. The only thing you can port from 1.1.4 and earlier are contacts and anything you normally sync from itunes. (music, photos, etc)
      Ta very much our kid

      Will try to back it up using iTunes 7.7 (latest one) and then (gulp) will try to go str8 to 2.0 with winpwn 2.04. But then again quite a few are reporting problems once they've successfully pn their iPhones with the camera not working and all that gubbins

      And holly molly reading 60+ pages is not something i wanna do again ... someone should tek out the good bits and put it on another page ... whole idea of new technoloy is to help us work better n faster... like searching for things quickly

      anyway expect my phone to be bricked ... neva good with this kinda stuff
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
      Ta very much our kid

      Will try to back it up using iTunes 7.7 (latest one) and then (gulp) will try to go str8 to 2.0 with winpwn 2.04. But then again quite a few are reporting problems once they've successfully pn their iPhones with the camera not working and all that gubbins

      And holly molly reading 60+ pages is not something i wanna do again ... someone should tek out the good bits and put it on another page ... whole idea of new technoloy is to help us work better n faster... like searching for things quickly

      anyway expect my phone to be bricked ... neva good with this kinda stuff
      You should use winpwn 2.0.0.3 or 2.5 not 2.0.0.4 (which is designed for firmware 2.0.1) Unless you are referring to upgrading to 2.0.1 when you say (2.0) Restarting your phone a few times if its been successfully pwned is an easy way to ensure that if something isnt working, its not just a simple restart needed.

      Quote Originally Posted by sadc View Post
      I get a trouble code when i try to install winpwn ver 2.0.0.4

      I get

      "To run this application, you first my install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0. 50727 Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate verison of the .NET Freamework"

      How can i fix?

      You need to go to microsoft update search in downloads for .net framework 2.0 and download it, install, and reboot pc. This is a mandatory component, its most certainly says it in the guide that it needs to be installed on your computer. You need to read before you pwn.
    1. Teh H4RrY's Avatar
      Teh H4RrY -
      *sigh* all was going well. Untill i went to open mail.app It checked for mail. Popped up and said "downloading x of 20" the phone made the noise. It does it again straight after. The app freezes and returns to springboard

      On Gmail, 8GB Winpwned latest firmware, unlocked and jailbroken

      Anyone have any suggestions? I have reset settings. Gmail works fine in safari.
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
      *sigh* all was going well. Untill i went to open mail.app It checked for mail. Popped up and said "downloading x of 20" the phone made the noise. It does it again straight after. The app freezes and returns to springboard

      On Gmail, 8GB Winpwned latest firmware, unlocked and jailbroken

      Anyone have any suggestions? I have reset settings. Gmail works fine in safari.

      In Cydia make sure you have Open SSL installed. If you've installed open ssh through Cydia, it should automatically download and install Open SSL. Double check that it is installed. Then Restart the phone. also if you are on TMobile make sure your edge settings are configured correctly.
    1. Teh H4RrY's Avatar
      Teh H4RrY -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      In Cydia make sure you have Open SSL installed. If you've installed open ssh through Cydia, it should automatically download and install Open SSL. Double check that it is installed. Then Restart the phone. also if you are on TMobile make sure your edge settings are configured correctly.
      Dont worry fixed it would bosstools. Had to "Fix user Dir Permissions" Sorted the problem straight away
    1. justgiveittome's Avatar
      justgiveittome -
      WinPwn and upgrade to 2.0.1 and everything works

      HELL YEH !

      from 1.1.3 to 2.0.1 is a GO!

      If it's any help using the winpwn guide
      (1) iTunes not open ... disable that itunes helper using ctrl + alt +del

      (2) right click the winpwn shortcut on your desktop select properties and go to the compatability tab and check the work wint windows xp2

      (3) right click on the winpwn shortcut again and run as administrator

      (4) follow the winpwn guide to the letter

      and voila!!!!

      Now i need to find appz anyone help pls. Wud really need the VOICE NOTEs recorder and that camera app where u can magnify before teking a pic

      Is there something like iPhone Browser so i can put some ringtones onto my phone?

      Thanks to all and i hope it's easier next time instead of reading 60+ pages
    1. Muggz5's Avatar
      Muggz5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
      Dont worry fixed it would bosstools. Had to "Fix user Dir Permissions" Sorted the problem straight away
      That was my next suggestion atta boy! Im also assuming you have relocated your fonts? That will help your phone considerably.
    1. Teh H4RrY's Avatar
      Teh H4RrY -
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
      That was my next suggestion atta boy! Im also assuming you have relocated your fonts? That will help your phone considerably.
      Aye. I relocated the lot. loads of OS space