• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • WinPwn 2.0 Released


    cmw has released WinPwn 2.0 - you can now jailbreak your 2.0 iPhone/iPod Touch/iPhone 3G in Windows easily.

    The WinPwn site is up and down with the intense traffic, but here's the post, in case you can't get it to load...

    WinPwn 2.0

    - Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0

    - Custom Image Support

    - Custom Payload Support

    - 3g iPhone support


    2.0 How to:

    - 1) First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.

    - 2) Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash
    Custom IPSW files via DFU mode

    - 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click
    Here.

    - 4) Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.


    Done!
    Important Notes
    Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely if you have it installed. Installing over the top of WinPwn 1.0 will cause problems.
    Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix

    Thanks again for all those who supported me. WinPwn was made possible by PlanetBeing, Squpix and the dev team ( Especially Wizdaz, MuscleNerd, Gray, Pumpkin, bgm, roxfan ). I will be updating WinPwn with some better features and upgrading the credits and help sections over the next few days.

    Much love
    cmw
    Here's a ModMyI.com mirror for ya of the file (here's a non-member one), or you can grab it from RapidShare.

    Thanks to the dozens that sent this in.

    Also, cmw says there seems to be issue with Cydia on some XP machines, and he will be releasing a fix tomorrow.

    Edit Poseidon: Here is a nice guide written by theiphoneproject. I'm sure we'll have one up soon...

    WinPwn 2.0 Guide


    The new release 2.0.0.3 is out which should fix the Cydia/XP bug along with some others listed

    Here's some more useful info on firmware files:

    Quote Originally Posted by skillzdan
    for the new winpwn, you need to make sure you're using the right firmware for your phone or it will be buggy / cause problems.

    there is one firmware for the 3g (which winpwn recognizes and doesnt allow unlock) and there is one for the 1st gen which winpwn will recognize and allow unlock. you should put this in the post so people can download the correct firmware.

    here is link to both.

    iPhone 3g firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    iPhone first generation firmware:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw
    This article was originally published in forum thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 999 Comments
    1. klepp1214's Avatar
      klepp1214 -
      silentshadow, a traditional restore from DFU fixed it for me. so I'm happy.. now if someone would be kind enough to let me know what it was that I checked or did not check that caused it to screw up my SIM i would be ecstatic! I'm simply trying to get it to the ZiPhoned equivelent. Just jailbroken or whatnot, should "stay" activated?
    1. silentshadow2049's Avatar
      silentshadow2049 -
      Ok...I just did a 2.0 restore on XP.

      Now iTunes says:
      "The iPhone cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone, Check that the SIM card is inserted in the iPhone and is not PIN locked"

      The only thing that was checked when I made my custom restore was Cydia. I have a legit AT&T contract, is there anything else that should be put into my custom image besides Cydia?
    1. 97vrsix's Avatar
      97vrsix -
      you going to add the file to itunes directly?
    1. dakomo's Avatar
      dakomo -
      This is worthless to me, I've been doing it and I ain't idiot here making a mistake at All. I'm getting a errors randomly from between 1600-1604 bigtime! Did install/deinstall iTunes 7.5 and 7.7 It just hangs!

      This guide I think is worthless to some users. I hope ZiPhone will released a new build soon...
    1. klepp1214's Avatar
      klepp1214 -
      ok will avoid all the advanced stuff faseone, your the man! thanks! two more questions 1) the custom boot logo from online has been going up and down all night, and its down atm.. any quick link to an easy way to do it manually? 2) being that I'm at&t can I get my iPhone to 4.6BL or does it already have it? I believe ziphone automatically downgraded it to 3.9? And ive read that 4.6 has better reception/battery life yada yada. Anyone? =p

      shadow - did you shift/click to restore or just hit restore? maybe try the other way around? i hate to say it, but ive been running around like a chicken with my head cut off so im unsure which way got it for me, but im leaning towards just clicking restore from DFU.
    1. bluemax189's Avatar
      bluemax189 -
      Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
      In other words your going to put the custom Iphone build we just made in Itunes directly? What file do you put that in? And then i'm guessing you still restore from D-Mode? or right from Itunes?
      nope didnt work
    1. shuckafree's Avatar
      shuckafree -
      winpwn crashes and closes for me right after it tries to rebuild root filesystem
    1. yomino's Avatar
      yomino -
      Side question: Anyone know how to create more space for applications on 2.0?

      I know the old BossTool used to do this by moving 3rd party apps out of the small partition and into your 4/8/16gb partition, but it's not out for 2.0. I need to free space for monkey ball!

      Someone please help...any way to do it manually?
    1. faseone's Avatar
      faseone -
      Quote Originally Posted by silentshadow2049 View Post
      Ok...I just did a 2.0 restore on XP.

      Now iTunes says:
      "The iPhone cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone, Check that the SIM card is inserted in the iPhone and is not PIN locked"

      The only thing that was checked when I made my custom restore was Cydia. I have a legit AT&T contract, is there anything else that should be put into my custom image besides Cydia?
      I would verify that you used the right 2.0 software(3g or 2g)... also i know you say you only checked cydia but are you 100% sure you unchecked activate... if not recreate your custom firmware and restore again.

      good luck
    1. silentshadow2049's Avatar
      silentshadow2049 -
      Quote Originally Posted by klepp1214 View Post
      shadow - did you shift/click to restore or just hit restore? maybe try the other way around? i hate to say it, but ive been running around like a chicken with my head cut off so im unsure which way got it for me, but im leaning towards just clicking restore from DFU.
      Yeah, I used shift-click to use my custom ipsw. For something that seems so simple all typed out in a guide...this is quite frustrating.

      Anyway, to simplify everything I've done so far:

      -Installed 2.0.0.2 winpwn
      -Created custom image with Cydia as the ONLY thing checked
      -pwned iTunes
      -Put iPhone into DFU mode
      -Shift-click restored custom image
      -Got error message about not getting the required info from iPhone

      I would verify that you used the right 2.0 software(3g or 2g)... also i know you say you only checked cydia but are you 100% sure you unchecked activate... if not recreate your custom firmware and restore again.
      I'm trying another restore right now, if that doesn't work then I'll make a new ipsw and start again. Thanks.
    1. Jeckel's Avatar
      Jeckel -
      Quote Originally Posted by dakomo View Post
      This is worthless to me, I've been doing it and I ain't idiot here making a mistake at All. I'm getting a errors randomly from between 1600-1604 bigtime! Did install/deinstall iTunes 7.5 and 7.7 It just hangs!

      This guide I think is worthless to some users. I hope ZiPhone will released a new build soon...
      Not going to happen, the method that ZiPhone used will no longer work, therefore, the gig is up for him.
    1. faseone's Avatar
      faseone -
      Quote Originally Posted by klepp1214 View Post
      ok will avoid all the advanced stuff faseone, your the man! thanks! two more questions 1) the custom boot logo from online has been going up and down all night, and its down atm.. any quick link to an easy way to do it manually? 2) being that I'm at&t can I get my iPhone to 4.6BL or does it already have it? I believe ziphone automatically downgraded it to 3.9? And ive read that 4.6 has better reception/battery life yada yada. Anyone? =p

      shadow - did you shift/click to restore or just hit restore? maybe try the other way around? i hate to say it, but ive been running around like a chicken with my head cut off so im unsure which way got it for me, but im leaning towards just clicking restore from DFU.
      If you are on att and legit and do not wish to unlock i would update first to a stock 2.0. your bl will be updated the proper way no troubles.
      then restore with your custom build. also again if on att you only need to check cydia make sure everything else in unchecked.
    1. andrunious's Avatar
      andrunious -
      ok, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and running as admin with xpsp2 checked, i had only cydia checked, still errors. i give up until a new update is released where more than 5 people can get it to work.
    1. Juno's Avatar
      Juno -
      I have a problem...
      When im trying to create ISPW im getting error -1
      Log:
      Code:
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.1 RC1
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load image catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load payload catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - File from:C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopjjjjjiPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Recognized as:iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Be sure to connect an iPhone!
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Failed to create directories The file 'C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication Datacmwwinpwn2.0.0.1ipswbuildipswCustomCydia.tar' already exists.
      2008-07-24 20:48:04 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:36 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:48 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
    1. JOL's Avatar
      JOL -
      Quote Originally Posted by faseone View Post
      Guys if you are a legit ATT user do not check anything in the advanced tab.. you dont need to activate you dont need youtube activation... none of the bootloader crap.... Just check cydia...
      What is considered a "legit ATT user?" I have an ATT account. However, I do not have an iPhone plan. Am I considered a legit ATT user?
    1. bijju's Avatar
      bijju -
      Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
      I have a problem...
      When im trying to create ISPW im getting error -1
      Log:
      Code:
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.1 RC1
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load image catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load payload catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - File from:C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopjjjjjiPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Recognized as:iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Be sure to connect an iPhone!
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Failed to create directories The file 'C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication Datacmwwinpwn2.0.0.1ipswbuildipswCustomCydia.tar' already exists.
      2008-07-24 20:48:04 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:36 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:48 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1

      The Proble is u need to install new version of winpwn ver.:2.0.0.2 it will fix the problem
    1. Juno's Avatar
      Juno -
      Thank you bijju.
    1. bijju's Avatar
      bijju -
      Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
      I have a problem...
      When im trying to create ISPW im getting error -1
      Log:
      Code:
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.1 RC1
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load image catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load payload catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - File from:C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopjjjjjiPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Recognized as:iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Be sure to connect an iPhone!
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Failed to create directories The file 'C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication Datacmwwinpwn2.0.0.1ipswbuildipswCustomCydia.tar' already exists.
      2008-07-24 20:48:04 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:36 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:48 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1

      The Proble is u need to install new version of winpwn ver.:2.0.0.2 it will fix the problem

      File: NEW_winpwn_2.0.0.2_Setup.rar
      DownloadLink:
      RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

      Mirror

      http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K21OVSR7
    1. faseone's Avatar
      faseone -
      Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
      I have a problem...
      When im trying to create ISPW im getting error -1
      Log:
      Code:
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.1 RC1
      2008-07-24 20:46:04 - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load image catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:06 - Failed to load payload catalog
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - File from:C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopjjjjjiPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Recognized as:iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone
      2008-07-24 20:46:13 - Be sure to connect an iPhone!
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:47:54 - Failed to create directories The file 'C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication Datacmwwinpwn2.0.0.1ipswbuildipswCustomCydia.tar' already exists.
      2008-07-24 20:48:04 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:09 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:36 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:40 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      2008-07-24 20:48:48 - Preparing ipsw file.
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Failed to parse IPSW
      2008-07-24 20:48:53 - Ipsw builder (init) returned error:-1
      Ok for you and others dont save the custom firmware to the default directory that winpwn is giving you...
      Instead save it to your desktop or another folder... If im not mistaken this folder is hidden by default and may need additional security checks to write correctly...
      try saving it to your desktop(I did) and when you restore choose it from your desktop(could be why i had success as it seems its one of the only things ive done different)

      Quote Originally Posted by JOL View Post
      What is considered a "legit ATT user?" I have an ATT account. However, I do not have an iPhone plan. Am I considered a legit ATT user?
      Did you have to unlock to use this account? If so you prob need to activate and unlock
    1. klepp1214's Avatar
      klepp1214 -
      rock on, I had no choice but to restore before re jailbreaking. This time I unchecked activate and left everything else alone, only checking cydia since the bootlogo thing is down -( it worked, got cydia on there and tested it. 11.5 hrs later, im jailbroken lol. Thank god I have 2 computers. Vista users Good luck, it did nothing but crash on the latest version for me, but xp finally came through! thanks for all the help gentlemen. Now I just gotta figure how to get me some custom boot logo's on there =)