• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices
    According to dallasnews.com there will be a new requirement for buying the 3g iPhone. You must buy it in person and activate it in the store.

    Direct quote from AT&T spokesperson
    When customers purchase their new 3G iPhone, customers will activate the device in the retail store. This is the traditional wireless activation model that our customers are very familiar with. In-store activation should take just a few minutes and customers will be able to leave with their iPhone up and running. This will be especially helpful if any questions or issues arise during activation.
    That fluff about helping people with questions is probably just the polite way of saying "We want the iPhones activated on our chosen carriers in front of us. We hope to kill unlocking. Muwahahahaha."


    Pricing for the 3g iPhone was also announced:
    • With a two-year contract, the price of an 8GB iPhone 3G will be $199; the 16GB model will be priced at $299.
    • Unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, in addition to voice plans starting at $39.99 a month.
    • Unlimited 3G data plans for business users will be available for $45 a month, in addition to a voice plan.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 412 Comments
    1. keisi's Avatar
      keisi -
      I noticed on the online Apple stores that the US store is the only one that shows up in the "where to buy" iPhone search. Is this because their stores are not lister or because they are only being sold through the carriers.

      Also and more importantly what about the developers? Many already have a cellular contract and will not want a new one just to test their apps on the iPhone. Anyone have any idea on how this will work.
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      Quote Originally Posted by keisi View Post
      I noticed on the online Apple stores that the US store is the only one that shows up in the "where to buy" iPhone search. Is this because their stores are not lister or because they are only being sold through the carriers.
      the UK store has a "where to buy" link aswell, to the carphone warehouse and O2 stores (not apple stores?!?!)
    1. keisi's Avatar
      keisi -
      Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
      the UK store has a "where to buy" link aswell, to the carphone warehouse and O2 stores (not apple stores?!?!)
      Yeah that's what I meant-Apple Retail Stores are not listed under where to buy only the carriers are.
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      the apple store, will sell an apple product......

      surely?! ......
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post
      Nah. I'd venture to bet Pwnage is a pretty hard thing to patch up.
      They've already patched it which is why the last 3 betas have not been jailbroken yet. They also changed the bootloader for the new phones so this will be yet another challenge.
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      They've already patched it which is why the last 3 betas have not been jailbroken yet. They also changed the bootloader for the new phones so this will be yet another challenge.
      i dont know about this really, please enlighten me, is it that they have patched it so pwnage does not and cannot work,

      or

      is it that pwnage can work still and the dev team just hasnt publicly released it (if they did, apple would surely patch further....)
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      The Dev team released jailbreaks for the first 2 betas of 2.0 and has yet to release anything since. The RAM disk exploit has been patched (per Dale1v)
    1. jimbeam4581's Avatar
      jimbeam4581 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      The Dev team released jailbreaks for the first 2 betas of 2.0 and has yet to release anything since. The RAM disk exploit has been patched (per Dale1v)
      I thought the big thing about pwnage was that it could not or would be very hard for them to patch.

      I think they haven't released updates for every new beta because whats the point? There just betas and will probably not reflect the final release. There are never any real drastic changes the the betas. Mainly bug fixes.
    1. aquaholik's Avatar
      aquaholik -
      I have a current iphone and with AT&T. Can I walk into the Apple Store come July 11 and pay $199 for the new iphone and walkout? If they asked about trading in the old iphone, I will say I will keep it for a backup or to use it as an ipod.

      If I can do that, what is to stop me from selling the new 3G iphone on Ebay for say $399 and keep my old iphone? I think people will pay $399 for the new 3G if they want to try and unlock it.

      Also, will we see lots of old iphone from people with AT&T on ebay come July 11. If I have AT&T and want the new phone, I will sell my old one for $199 so people can buy it and either try to unlock it or just pop in their At&T sim card.
    1. Ikemann888's Avatar
      Ikemann888 -
      Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
      I have a current iphone and with AT&T. Can I walk into the Apple Store come July 11 and pay $199 for the new iphone and walkout?
      You need to sign for extension of 2 more years contract.
    1. one1's Avatar
      one1 -
      My friend Jasmine, who works for ATT Corporate just made a post on the iphone here:

      Club Lexus Forums - View Single Post - 3G iPhone Announced

      im excited for it to come out so i can make lots and lots and lots of money! im probably gonna work all day july 11 or at least until all our iphones are gone but this phones supposedly going to be a little different than the first one in terms of activation. not everyone can purchase it. you have to be eligible for upgrade to buy it and you dont activate it at home anymore [this is our answer to people trying to unlock it] you have to activate it in the store i dont know exactly how thats going to work but thats how it goes. plus at our store corporate has told us we cant hold any phones for anyone so i cant hold one for you, you have to be waiting in line but from last yr, we got like 100 and after going through the long line we still had a couple left and it was CRAZY last yr. but i can tell u when our store gets more so that you can come down and get one once we get some.

      yeah the iphones cool with 3g n all but supposedly the bb bold is coming out around the same time and thats gonna have 3g and thats what i really want but its a close call i dont know which one i would like better but with the iphone touchscreen its so hard to txt and drive.... hahahha jk
    1. flattop95's Avatar
      flattop95 -
      this is such a joke, apple should just open it up to all networks, they would make less money, but then more people would buy so in the end they would make even more
    1. rusty778's Avatar
      rusty778 -
      Hey, what if someone calls at&t or apple and says they want to buy it as a gift? They cant make you sign the contract as it wouldn't be for you and then we could find a way to hackitivate it once we a hold of it
    1. quuz's Avatar
      quuz -
      ******* hell, just finished reading through this thread. And atm I hate myself.

      I busted my 4gb iphone yesterday, got mad because my parents where fighting so I threw it as hard has I could on the floor and stomped on it, the touchscreen got in 1000 pieces.

      So now I see I cant order anymore from apple store. And prices on ebay are crazy, like 575 for a non used iphone 8gb, ******* hell...

      So I found this website

      International-Orders.com - International-Shopping - Powered by Go-Global - Stores

      They appear to be selling iphone 3g

      New Apple iPhone 3G


      New Apple iPhone 3G
      Price:
      $299.00
      Brand New Apple iPhone GSM Quad-Band 3G iPhone. No contract .

      http://www.international-orders.com/...mid,1/lang,en/

      I would gladly pay 300 bucks for a non contract 3g iphone. **** it I need an iphone anyways... And Ive been reading through a swedish iphone site and this website that sells these iphones appears to be a serious site.

      So either this, or is there someone (preferbly in Europe) who is willing to sell me there iphone for around 300 bucks?
    1. Ikemann888's Avatar
      Ikemann888 -
      international-orders.com's head office is in Los Angeles, California, USA.
    1. keisi's Avatar
      keisi -
      Quote Originally Posted by quuz View Post
      ******* hell, just finished reading through this thread. And atm I hate myself.

      I busted my 4gb iphone yesterday, got mad because my parents where fighting so I threw it as hard has I could on the floor and stomped on it, the touchscreen got in 1000 pieces.

      So now I see I cant order anymore from apple store. And prices on ebay are crazy, like 575 for a non used iphone 8gb, ******* hell...

      So I found this website

      International-Orders.com - International-Shopping - Powered by Go-Global - Stores

      They appear to be selling iphone 3g

      New Apple iPhone 3G


      New Apple iPhone 3G
      Price:
      $299.00
      Brand New Apple iPhone GSM Quad-Band 3G iPhone. No contract .

      http://www.international-orders.com/...mid,1/lang,en/

      I would gladly pay 300 bucks for a non contract 3g iphone. **** it I need an iphone anyways... And Ive been reading through a swedish iphone site and this website that sells these iphones appears to be a serious site.

      So either this, or is there someone (preferbly in Europe) who is willing to sell me there iphone for around 300 bucks?
      Has anyone ever heard of these guys-if so I just might want to order from them.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ikemann888 View Post
      international-orders.com's head office is in Los Angeles, California, USA.
      So you know of them or is that a domain-search. Are they a reputable dealer?
    1. indiscretion's Avatar
      indiscretion -
      as soon as someone confirms the site is legit im bookmarking it
    1. keisi's Avatar
      keisi -
      Quote Originally Posted by indiscretion View Post
      as soon as someone confirms the site is legit im bookmarking it
      I just did a mock checkout - its is going to cost me $980.00 for 2 iPhones with no accesoriess. I am waiting till we are absolutely sure there is no other way.

      otherwise Me Too
    1. Ikemann888's Avatar
      Ikemann888 -
      Quote Originally Posted by keisi View Post
      Has anyone ever heard of these guys-if so I just might want to order from them.


      So you know of them or is that a domain-search. Are they a reputable dealer?
      Sorry, I don't know them, just checked out from their site. Still reluctant to place an order from this site.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      It'll be interesting to see if this site is legit.