• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iBuilder - Make Your Own Custom Firmware | Windows


    iBuilder, a nifty new project by rotem25, allows you to select from a large list of items for your iPhone, and create a package which can then be added to your internalPackages in iPwnage and used to create a custom firmware for your iPhone.

    You can then use iTunes to simply restore your iPhone to the new firmware, with all your favorite apps, sources, or packages already in there. Not too bad...

    Here's the Windows iPwnage thread...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iBuilder - Make Your Own Custom Firmware | Windows started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
    1. kriffer's Avatar
      kriffer -
      ok so can we have like a step by step
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      After using iBuilder and integrating it into ipwner everything worked wonderfully except everything in Installer gives me Package Download Failed from every source. I've tried to uninstall and re-install different sources... clearing the queue... holding down home and force quitting installer and nothing does the trick. Any suggestions or anyone else having this problem?

      Update: Additionally ALL of the apps that were installed with the bundle crash: summerboard, bossprefs, tris, icracks, hidepod... ect. Looks like things need a little more work, but great start!

      In case anyone is wondering how to actually do this you have to have a PC to run iBuilder and a Mac with ipwner1.1 to load the bundle:

      1. On your pc run iBuilder and the file created will be "iBuilder.bundle"
      2. Copy this file onto your Mac
      3. Find the ipwner app and "control+click" and go to show package contents.
      4. Click on contents > Resources > Internal Packages
      5. Drag your iBuilder.bundle into Internal packages
      6. Open ipwner and load in the stock apple 1.1.4 firmware.
      7. Click ipsw builder and click on the Custom Packages tab at the top
      8. You will now see iPhone Bundle in the list - check the box to include it in the ipsw.
      9. Build custom firmware and restore in iTunes.
    1. quiksand's Avatar
      quiksand -
      In it's current form, it creates the file structure along with all of the necessary files to work. Since I'm on Windows and don't have access to a Mac, I would just drag and drop the files in the appropriate places on the iphone.
    1. rickelchilango's Avatar
      rickelchilango -
      Quote Originally Posted by quiksand View Post
      In it's current form, it creates the file structure along with all of the necessary files to work. Since I'm on Windows and don't have access to a Mac, I would just drag and drop the files in the appropriate places on the iphone.
      i did this as well, but i get what Poseidon79 mentioned about the apps not working and just taking you back to the home screen..

      another thing, i included about 34 apps and while copying them over, i got the 'running out of space' message.. so, i deleted all of them except the apple ones and bosstool (in order to free some space) but to no avail, bosstool would not launch, it would just try to launch and take me back to the home screen..
    1. soulflow's Avatar
      soulflow -
      hey, this is cool! thanks!
    1. chordmasta's Avatar
      chordmasta -
      at this point, this is useless. The development of winpwn is sluggish, but I feel that if we could integrate something similar to this directly into winpwn, we would really have something on our hands here.
    1. mofolo's Avatar
      mofolo -
      wow!

      this will be so convenient to people without wifi!
    1. thewhiterabbit9's Avatar
      thewhiterabbit9 -
      Anyone know if this can be used with the betas?
    1. danfarmer's Avatar
      danfarmer -
      just wondering if you can post instructions
    1. Cherrysoda_zx's Avatar
      Cherrysoda_zx -
      Very nifty tool, thanks guys...
    1. tjack7a's Avatar
      tjack7a -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post


      iBuilder, a nifty new project by rotem25, allows you to select from a large list of items for your iPhone, and create a package which can then be added to your internalPackages in iPwnage and used to create a custom firmware for your iPhone.

      You can then use iTunes to simply restore your iPhone to the new firmware, with all your favorite apps, sources, or packages already in there. Not too bad...

      Here's the Windows iPwnage thread...
      hi
    1. MattMac's Avatar
      MattMac -
      Quote Originally Posted by tjack7a View Post
      hi
      Umm most useless post ever! Lol.

      So, have we worked this out?
      I have a Mac with Windows installed. If this works I'd like to know so I could try it out. But if doesn't I don't want to restore my phone for nothing...

      And will this program add the sources and installed programs to installer. I don't see why not, pretty simple to do, but as its beta it might not...
    1. cphillips1009's Avatar
      cphillips1009 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rickelchilango View Post
      i did this as well, but i get what Poseidon79 mentioned about the apps not working and just taking you back to the home screen..

      another thing, i included about 34 apps and while copying them over, i got the 'running out of space' message.. so, i deleted all of them except the apple ones and bosstool (in order to free some space) but to no avail, bosstool would not launch, it would just try to launch and take me back to the home screen..
      I would think that this is a permissions problem because the bundle is created on Windows (which doesn't play well with permissions, I think)...can somebody who has this app crash problem check the permissions on the executables after installing them with iBuilder?
    1. descasur07's Avatar
      descasur07 -
      Where I obtain ibuilder?
    1. Benkku15's Avatar
      Benkku15 -
      Can i install any software with this ibuilder to Fw: 2.0 (5A225c)?
      Sorry my language sucks,i'm from Finland
      - Kiitos
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      2.0 is NOT jailbreakable yet and none of the apps are compatible with 2.0 so you can bundle them all you want and they won't work.
    1. Benkku15's Avatar
      Benkku15 -
      My carrier works on 2.0 (saunalahti) i used ipwnage,and it activated the phone, before that i made a custom 1.1.4 that had bootneuter and there i could choose between bootloaders 3.9 or 4.6 and i chose 4,6, then i made a custom 2.0 and restored with itunes with my custom 2.0 now any carrier works on 2.0...
      How about the iphone pc suite (mac) it might work with that?
    1. Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
      Napoleon_PhoneApart -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      2.0 is NOT jailbreakable yet and none of the apps are compatible with 2.0 so you can bundle them all you want and they won't work.
      You can still SSH into 2.0 and replace graphics and such...
    1. Benkku15's Avatar
      Benkku15 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
      You can still SSH into 2.0 and replace graphics and such...
      How does that work? Could u give me a link?or something that shows how to?
      I've installed openssh into the phone and bsd subsystem...
    1. damien6's Avatar
      damien6 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kriffer View Post
      ok so can we have like a step by step
      yeah....like a guide would be massively helpfull for us noobs....
      like a from-the-very-start guide....like from-when-i-open-the-iphone-box guide....
      with all the quirks involved....