• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • The Official ModMyi.com AppStore App


    So uh... since we're the biggest iPhone customizing site out there (besides... well, Apple, maybe?), I guess it makes sense to have an iPhone app. Which we've always thought, but hey, we're picky. We've finally got something for you all though! After over a month waiting to get approved, you can now search the AppStore for ModMyi and grab our official iPhone app. Do it.

    You can do a lot from the app, including:
    • View, reply to, and tip us on News.
    • Read and respond to forum posts.
    • Search the site by keyword or latest posts.
    • Read, write, and respond to messages.
    • Subscribe to threads and view your list of subscribed threads.
    • And more...





    The app is free, with iAds to support it (kinda like the site itself is) - although if you're the type who says "screw the ads, I want this app even MORE all over my screen" there's an in-app purchase of $2.99 to remove the ads.

    Let us know your thoughts on it, this is version 1 and we'd like to know what you do and don't like about it so we can tweak it.

    Go get it (iTunes).

    This article was originally published in forum thread: The Official ModMyi.com AppStore App started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 257 Comments
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      No prob, hopefully the app will be up and running soon, I know a lot of people miss it (including myself).
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      No prob, hopefully the app will be up and running soon, I know a lot of people miss it (including myself).
      Is it actually being worked on man? It's been quite a while since the site downgr.. mean upgrade and still no go on either the app or the mobile site. Fair to say all the required testing when u changed the site wasn't done?
    1. wolverinemarky's Avatar
      wolverinemarky -
      really be glad when the app gets updated so we can use it again because that was like the top app i checked a few times a day and not having it is kinda sucking big time
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
      Is it actually being worked on man? It's been quite a while since the site downgr.. mean upgrade and still no go on either the app or the mobile site. Fair to say all the required testing when u changed the site wasn't done?

      Yes. It actually is.
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Yes. It actually is.
      Fair enough, I am glad u agree. If the appropriate testing was done the app and mobile site would have worked seamlessly after the new site went live. I just hope the app gets back online soon.
    1. daytonaviolet's Avatar
      daytonaviolet -
      patiently waiting
    1. microfud's Avatar
      microfud -
      Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
      Are they planning on upkeeping the app while simultaneously enabling Tapatalk support?
      Why would they want to do that? They paid tapatalk at least $1,000 to develop their own app.
      (yes, Modmyi's app was built by Tapatalk) If they wanted folks using the tapatalk branded version, they could have saved themselves a lot of money by just not making their own branded app. And besides, it seems crazy to me for a forum owner to basically help tapatalk build a business based on other people's forums.

      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Nah I dont think so. They chose to make their own app instead of going the tapatalk route like other forums.
      Actually, Tapatalk made their App. If you want to blame anyone for the slow response time, you can blame them. Modmyi paid more than $1,000 for the app. Take a look at this page and search for the word Modmyi.


      I don't understand what is taking their developers so long to fix this. I was considering having them work on an app for my own site. But seeing how long it has taken Tapatalk to fix it, I think I'll keep my money.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      I figured it was tapatalk related since it uses the same basic design.
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      Yeah, but is it going to be fixed, or at least an update on how it's going?

      Is this thing on? LMAO
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      They are working on it now. It would have been submitted last week but they ran into a pretty serious bug that they are working on fixing right now. Hopefully very soon.
    1. Markdooler's Avatar
      Markdooler -
      Any news yet?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Markdooler View Post
      Any news yet?
      Yup
      Twitter
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      So I heard that the update to this app was submitted to Apple on Monday - does it normally take Apple nearly a week to approve just an update on an existing app?

      Using Safari is killing me (seeing as the mobile site isn't working either)...
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Click the Twitter link I poster above. That was thursday I believe it was submitted to apple. If that was the case I would guess apple would put it through by Tuesday. But that is just a guess.
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Click the Twitter link I poster above. That was thursday I believe it was submitted to apple. If that was the case I would guess apple would put it through by Tuesday. But that is just a guess.
      No worries - I was just going by this post by blkcadi (not sure if the link on her post will work but it was in the Redline thread):

      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Submitted to Apple on Monday, so it's in their hands now.
      Doesn't really matter - as long as it gets up and running, and it works.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
      Doesn't really matter - as long as it gets up and running, and it works.
      Exactly

      Oh and I know it works. I have been playing with it for the last week or so. Iz very nice
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Exactly

      Oh and I know it works. I have been playing with it for the last week or so. Iz very nice
      Cool. Does it let you post thanks, view vids and download posted pics yet?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
      Cool. Does it let you post thanks, view vids and download posted pics yet?
      Thanks button: no (although there is a handy "open is safari" option now that lets you quickly open a post in safari so you can thank it there)
      Save pics posted: yes
      View vids: not sure, gotta find a posted vid and try it, will get back to this one.

      Ok tried a YouTube video and it opens the YouTube app and plays it there.
    1. Waverley73's Avatar
      Waverley73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Thanks button: no (although there is a handy "open is safari" option now that lets you quickly open a post in safari so you can thank it there)
      Save pics posted: yes
      View vids: not sure, gotta find a posted vid and try it, will get back to this one.

      Ok tried a YouTube video and it opens the YouTube app and plays it there.
      OK, that a definate improvement - just really the thanks that isn't ideal (used to toggling back and forward from app to safari to post thanks).

      Cheers man. \m/
    1. Markdooler's Avatar
      Markdooler -
      Any joy with apple approving the app?