• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Facebook Connect / New Menu for ModMyi.com


    We're always looking for new ways to make the site more useful to you, the reader. We've done a few changes which we think you'll enjoy on the site - effective immediately, you can now sign in using only your Facebook login (no, your info isn't kept by us - its straight through Facebook Connect). Yup, you don't even have to register. Of course, you can also associate your user name you already have with your Facebook account. Simply log out, and log back in using the Facebook Connect button. You'll have the option to associate your Facebook account to your MMi account.

    And, even better - you can post new threads you make on MMi direct to your Facebook wall (if you want). You'll even get notifications on Facebook when you get a new PM on MMi, or when someone responds to one of your threads (again, only if you want).

    Brand new as well is a pretty sweet new menu on the site, which should really help to get you where you're going quicker. Cash has spent hours and hours and hours making something sexy to help you navigate MMi, and we think its turned out pretty nicely. Even in IE, for you bastards still using that ghastly beast.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Facebook Connect / New Menu for ModMyi.com started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 44 Comments
    1. devteamtools's Avatar
      devteamtools -
      Does it have to be facebook? why not Myspace. i dont mean to be rude, but i absolutly hate facebook and will have nothing to do with it at all.
    1. rburg's Avatar
      rburg -
      Love the new menu's cash, helps me get places a lot quicker. As to fb I love it personally, it has allowed me to reconnect with old friends I thought I would never see again. I don't spend hours on it but its nice.
    1. tattoojack's Avatar
      tattoojack -
      Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
      Before Facebook, you would try to text friends asking what's up. (people stopped talking on the phone as often) You would never get even close to the amount of detail you do now on facebook. You feel like you actually know what's going on in peoples life you dont get to talk to or see as often as you'd like to. Myspace was always pretty lame, was fun for a short while. Something about facebook just "works" and it really connects you better than ever before. Not everyone likes to be this connected but if you do it's amazing.
      well if ya need to know what OTHER people are doin to make your life feel complete, then go ahead.

      but you say it is WAY better than myspace, etc...

      of course it is, it was designed by the C.I.A.

      it is supposed to be the best by design.

      like is said in my original post,

      watch it ALL before you reply,

      and

      prove me wrong.

      please!!
    1. JazJon's Avatar
      JazJon -
      Quote Originally Posted by devteamtools View Post
      Does it have to be facebook? why not Myspace. i dont mean to be rude, but i absolutly hate facebook and will have nothing to do with it at all.
      From what I've seen, Myspace is dialed in for the kids scene these days. It's way too sloppy with all the customized flash pages & bling bling everywhere to even know what the heck anyone is really doing or up to. Facebook is a true social networking site. I only add my real friends with facebook. Myspace turned into an "aquintances" free for all. Facebook never gets sloppy and just flows better. I only reently gave facebook a chance in the past year, and it's above and beyond better.
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
      From what I've seen, Myspace is dialed in for the kids scene these days. It's way too sloppy with all the customized flash pages & bling bling everywhere to even know what the heck anyone is really doing or up to. Facebook is a true social networking site. I only add my real friends with facebook. Myspace turned into an "aquintances" free for all. Facebook never gets sloppy and just flows better. I only reently gave facebook a chance in the past year, and it's above and beyond better.
      Nothing is more annoying than when it takes your browser a decade to load because of all the extra crap people have on their MySpace page; the generic animated gold dollar signs in the background and some rap music that plays on a loop. Not to mention when people type in that stupid, stupid font that is barely legible with horrendous grammar, OMG. "yo waddup welcum to my myspace payg"
      Or bebo where select women give themselves the title of "laydee", eg. "laydee lush" "laydee slag", whatever.



      I do use facebook though. However, invites to groups and games does tick me off quite a bit, and i tend to delete the requests without reading them.
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      ^LOl.

    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by devteamtools View Post
      Does it have to be facebook? why not Myspace. i dont mean to be rude, but i absolutly hate facebook and will have nothing to do with it at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
      From what I've seen, Myspace is dialed in for the kids scene these days. It's way too sloppy with all the customized flash pages & bling bling everywhere to even know what the heck anyone is really doing or up to. Facebook is a true social networking site. I only add my real friends with facebook. Myspace turned into an "aquintances" free for all. Facebook never gets sloppy and just flows better. I only reently gave facebook a chance in the past year, and it's above and beyond better.
      /\ /\ /\
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      The only reason I have a facebook & myspace acct, is to keep track of my two teenage daughters.
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      ^LOl.

      I forgot about number 6, but that's not as annoying; I usually speed scroll past the ugly people anyway.
    1. GregTheWang's Avatar
      GregTheWang -
      Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
      well again, no offense, but do you really "need" facebook to improve your quality of life? Yes.could you really not do without it? No.what did you do before facebook?Have a much poorer social life.

      i remember a time when people didnt use computers AT ALL!
      they actually met and talked, with their mouths. FYI people still do that. And why fight against natural technological development?

      i will say it one more time, no offense, but are you serious??? Yes.

      what if apple and other companies or even governmental agencies use that info to prosecute??What if? What if? WHAT IF?!?!?!?!? OMG THIS WHAT IF QUESTION CHANGES EVERYTHING!

      they will know you jailbreak!!! OMG THEY'RE GONNA TORTURE YOU NOW THAT THEY KNOW YOU JAILBREAK! Btw the federal government has better things to do than go after the millions of people that mod their mobile phones. Yeah Apple's gonna go through facebook, still btw one of the largest companies in the world and has made its founders billionaires, right up there with Bill Gates etc. and prove to you that you mod your phone, and then refuse you service or your warrenty, free from all prosecution and consequences.
      Yup.
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      I must not have a life I do not use Facebook.
      Ditto, I tried it and jeeeez, I found I just don't need many more distractions.
      But I certainly appreciate MMI making the user experience here better for members.
    1. tattoojack's Avatar
      tattoojack -
      Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
      Yup.
      maturity at its finest.

      anyway,

      the reason i said "watch it all BEFORE you reply" was an attempt to prevent replies like this.

      if you were capable of sitting thru the whole video and can put two and two together, you would realize the larger implications.

      but hey, we all can't save the world now can we.

      someone else will do it.

      or will we persecute them for trying to save us?

      i love technological advances, but facts are facts.

      too many of the wrong people have access to facebook data.

      plain and simple.

      and just because we CAN do something, doesn't always mean we should.

      like havin sex with animals,
      or
      testing vaccines on children,
      or
      treating american citizens like terrorists or potential spies.

      its bull!


      ::admin edit:: inappropriate ::admin edit::
    1. soulthoughts's Avatar
      soulthoughts -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Ditto, I tried it and jeeeez, I found I just don't need many more distractions.
      But I certainly appreciate MMI making the user experience here better for members.
      Tru dat.
    1. Grassmasta's Avatar
      Grassmasta -
      Thanks for the updates!!!! No habla espanol, eh...mucho bettero!

      In regards to facebook, I used to feel the same way as you tattoojack. But as I tried it and gradually used it more, it really does make things easier. Its not that you don't talk to people.

      Its like this. Say your Friday is extremely busy, but you feel like going out with some friends after work. Rather than calling a bunch of different friends (maybe accidentally calling that one friend that you don't really want to hang out with...), you can just look at facebook to see what people are going to be up to. It gives you more of a varied social life because your able to have more of a selection. And that is just a simple example, not to mention the fact that keeping in contact with your friends across the globe, seeing what they've been up to via pictures, and being able to live chat with them is pretty cool.

      In regards to that video, good find. I appreciate the information, and I definitely didn't know any of that. Seems like its possibly a technologically advanced way of doing what the Stazi did in Germany back before the wall came down. Which is monitoring its citizens in order to weed out treasonous individuals and to prevent certain information from reaching their citizens.

      But even still, why do I care if the government has more information about me? I'm not smuggling drugs, I'm not doing anything more unlawful than the average Joe, so what difference does it make? Sure they can pile my information up, give it to marketing firms/agencies, so they can better make commercials that appeal to me. However, they are SOL if they do because I don't watch TV. Sure, they can find out where I work, what my email is, etc. But I don't care if they know who's emailing me, or what we're emailing about. Let em! I only feel sorry for the poor sap that has to sit back and watch me live my life. Also, If I'm ever part of a revolutionary squad, I'll just make sure to not post that on facebook (lol, although that would be pretty humorous to get an invite to a revolutionary showdown).

      EDIT: Oh yea, forgot about this...almost renders all of this ^^^ useless. I personally don't use my real name because I see no advantage in being connected to the people I used to know in high school/college...lame. So with that being said, Facebook also doesn't have my real income level, place of business, education level, email address (I have it registered on my junk email address). All they have is the people I associate with.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Tattoo has his own color now Spice this place up a bit!
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      Tattoo has his own color now Spice this place up a bit!
      Yeah, and it hurts too. No more Cinco DAH MayNO. ouch
    1. awesomeSlayer's Avatar
      awesomeSlayer -
      It is an awesome feature, but I have to agree with tattoojack that Facebook violates your privacy. Yes, I use Facebook, but I don't use a picture of me or put phone numbers and address. Why? So predators don't stalk around me. Also, the government won't bother me, but they still do. I never knew they made money like this. That's bullsh*t, but that's American life. If you are planning to use Facebook, don't use any personal information.
    1. bhz1's Avatar
      bhz1 -
      I started using Facebok last fall and found it a great way to connect with old and new friends. Personally I enjoy some of the dumb quizzes and all mainly as conversation starters. First of all I always skip invitations as they are dumb. I also dont post alot of the stuff on my profile unless I think its going to be of interest t some and a spark for talk. I have everything set private to friends only.
      While Im not big on reconnecting with a bunch of folks from high school and college, there are a few very good friends that I lost touch with and we have found each other on FB.

      Havingunusual interests I find my friends spread far across the globe. If I had to stick to face to face meetings Id be relegated to a life of tennis leagues, coffee klatches and mall hopping Ugh! The minute I open my mouth and say Im into modding electonics, and car stuff, their eyes glaze over. On the other side, they start talking about the latest trash novel or tv talk show I havent a clue.
    1. tattoojack's Avatar
      tattoojack -
      Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
      In regards to facebook, I used to feel the same way as you tattoojack. But as I tried it and gradually used it more, it really does make things easier. Its not that you don't talk to people.

      Its like this. Say your Friday is extremely busy, blah blah blah,
      NO OFFENSE,
      don't try to sell me on facebook, obviously i know what it is and how it works. otherwise i wouldn't be showin you the vid.


      In regards to that video, good find. I appreciate the information, and I definitely didn't know any of that. Seems like its possibly a technologically advanced way of doing what the Stazi did in Germany back before the wall came down. Which is monitoring its citizens in order to weed out treasonous individuals and to prevent certain information from reaching their citizens.

      EXACTLY!!!
      just do some searches on any video site and you will be inundated with videos about this and more.
      the nazi's "weeded out: as you say alot more than just treasonous citizens.
      THEY KILLED MILLIONS!
      so if it walks like a nazi, talks like a nazi, and dresses like a nazi,
      it must be a duck!
      thats all i'm sayin.
      and i reiterate that to your next comment.
      VVVVV


      But even still, why do I care if the government has more information about me? I'm not smuggling drugs, I'm not doing anything more unlawful than the average Joe, so what difference does it make? Sure they can pile my information up, give it to marketing firms/agencies, so they can better make commercials that appeal to me. However, they are SOL if they do because I don't watch TV. Sure, they can find out where I work, what my email is, etc. But I don't care if they know who's emailing me, or what we're emailing about. Let em! I only feel sorry for the poor sap that has to sit back and watch me live my life. Also, If I'm ever part of a revolutionary squad, I'll just make sure to not post that on facebook (lol, although that would be pretty humorous to get an invite to a revolutionary showdown).

      either way i totally agree with your next statement.

      EDIT: Oh yea, forgot about this...almost renders all of this ^^^ useless. I personally don't use my real name because I see no advantage in being connected to the people I used to know in high school/college...lame. So with that being said, Facebook also doesn't have my real income level, place of business, education level, email address (I have it registered on my junk email address). All they have is the people I associate with.
      to you i say, good job over all.

      well done.

      thanks given



      Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
      It is an awesome feature, but I have to agree with tattoojack that Facebook violates your privacy. Yes, I use Facebook, but I don't use a picture of me or put phone numbers and address. Why? So predators don't stalk around me. Also, the government won't bother me, but they still do. I never knew they made money like this. That's bullsh*t, but that's American life. If you are planning to use Facebook, don't use any personal information.
      thanks has been given aswell!
      VERY smart advise.




      oh and poseidon, don't think i forgot about you.
      thanks to you as well.
      glad you finally noticed.

      still wish you would let me borrow the leprechaun that sets your type to orange and bold by default for you!

      so handy!
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      For the love of God how does any of this have anything to do with the new features of the site? If you don't like Facebook, don't use it. If you think Facebook is the ONLY place on the net gathering information (ever called a private investigator BEFORE Facebook/MySpace? NONE of your info is private), you're grossly nave. Who cares? That's like saying have a personal blog is the gov't trying to GET you. You put your info up there voluntarily... obviously you have no problem sharing it.