• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Movement - Arrange your iPhone's Icons from your Computer


    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to release something like this, actually. Movement is a much-needed app from Jeff Stieler which reads your SpringBoard icon placement from your [jailbroken] iPhone or iPod Touch, and allows you to manipulate it and write back a new arrangement.



    The app requires your device to be plugged in, and requires OS X 10.5 or higher (works on PPC as well as Intel). I had a few issues with getting the software to operate smoothly (icons kept disappearing when side scrolling in the app, and then reappearing if I let it sit), but it is a beta, and overall works well and is a solid idea.

    I'm looking forward to seeing this one improved on. Its been muttered iTunes should have a built-in app organizer, with a few minor rumblings of rumored features, but nothing concrete. Movement to the rescue!

    Movement via TechCrunch
    (thanks, JazJon)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Movement - Arrange your iPhone's Icons from your Computer started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 87 Comments
    1. Taji's Avatar
      Taji -
      I have both a Mac Book Pro (bought recently) and a Windows Desktop. I am NEVER on my desktop anymore, as I can do EVERYTHING on my mac I did on my PC. And its 10x faster, portable, and just plane better. I dont see why you would need "more specs" honestly. What specs are you guys even comparing between the 2? and if its just a space issue, you can always buy a cheap external HDD wth 500-1Tera. There is always options out there, just have to e willing to search for them
    1. srchino's Avatar
      srchino -
      but no suport on five colum/rows maybe the next release will have it
    1. iphonefreakify's Avatar
      iphonefreakify -
      Quote Originally Posted by Taji View Post
      I have both a Mac Book Pro (bought recently) and a Windows Desktop. I am NEVER on my desktop anymore, as I can do EVERYTHING on my mac I did on my PC. And its 10x faster, portable, and just plane better. I dont see why you would need "more specs" honestly. What specs are you guys even comparing between the 2? and if its just a space issue, you can always buy a cheap external HDD wth 500-1Tera. There is always options out there, just have to e willing to search for them
      Answer is one and that is Macs aren't cheap like Pc's. If you can afford it then it doesn't means everyone can.
    1. rwin84's Avatar
      rwin84 -
      So when snow leopard comes out ill have one more reson to be further attached to my comp.
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
      I dont know what your idea of cheap is , but I am sure 90 percent of the PC users would have gone to a Mac if they could afford it . I myself am not going to buy a low end Mac for the cost of a high end PC just to be able to run a few extra apps .
      Then suffer the consequences
    1. Rescuer's Avatar
      Rescuer -
      even though he said in the video about windows people having to wait, he posted a couple hours ago that he has no plans for the windows version:


      Movement App Forum • View topic - RE: Windows Version

      I am sorry, but I have no plans of porting Movement to Windows.

      Instead, I will focus my free time into improving Movement as it currently exists.

      My apologies to all the Windows users wanting Movement, I just don't have the time!
    1. Ticko's Avatar
      Ticko -
      great idea ...hopefully windows to come soon
    1. Taji's Avatar
      Taji -
      I have tested the program with 5 dock and 5 column and it does seem to support 5 dock and blank webclips, but not 5 column SB. very nice!! Cant wait for the updates on this program.
    1. supershick's Avatar
      supershick -
      final-fcuking-ly!!!!!
    1. ifonemaniac's Avatar
      ifonemaniac -
      Before anyone gets into a "which is better" debate just remember PC users, Apple made Bootcamp for windows and For you Mac guys osx86 is available for desktops. The grass is always greener on the other side.
    1. ztevenx's Avatar
      ztevenx -
      wow!!!!!!!!! what a great program and video!
    1. dtn's Avatar
      dtn -
      This sucks!

      No version for windows users
    1. kainisable's Avatar
      kainisable -
      ditch windows dude, EX windows user for 5 years until last month!!

      i use bootcamp to run GTA IV hehe
    1. aussiebob's Avatar
      aussiebob -
      Windows please!
      We are always last.
      Great idea as I like to organize all games and business apps on a separate page.
    1. cmwade77's Avatar
      cmwade77 -
      This is awesome and I'd like to see more Mac only software spring up, the more people that use Macs, the better.

      I rarely boot up windows anymore (unless I really have to use AutoCAD), otherwise, why? I have software that does everything that I need it to.
    1. danielw719's Avatar
      danielw719 -
      He has no plans for a Windows version:

      Movement App Forum • View topic - RE: Windows Version
    1. JazJon's Avatar
      JazJon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
      even though he said in the video about windows people having to wait, he posted a couple hours ago that he has no plans for the windows version:


      Movement App Forum • View topic - RE: Windows Version
      Bummer, I gave a new mac a shot for four weeks over the summer. not having both backspace/del keys drove me nuts. The no button mouse is too much effort just to click. I'm much faster on windows 7, and have access to more Apps etc. (most of the time, accept for this of course). It's my job to support windows stuff as well oh well.

      Maybe hacintosh via vmware?
    1. daytonaviolet's Avatar
      daytonaviolet -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gajet View Post
      Doesn't rumor say this feature is about to be released on iTunes 9 anyway?
      but if gonna be in the new iTunes 9, do you think you'll be able to arrange jailbroken apps? i doubt it. if anything it will only arrange apps which where legally purchased from the Appstore only. its kinda like backing up your iphone with itunes. it only backsup Apps purchased from the appstore. all other apps from cydia or ********** are gone.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      sounds like trouble to me
    1. mmg's Avatar
      mmg -
      This is awesome!! we need a windows version

      Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
      but if gonna be in the new iTunes 9, do you think you'll be able to arrange jailbroken apps? i doubt it. if anything it will only arrange apps which where legally purchased from the Appstore only. its kinda like backing up your iphone with itunes. it only backsup Apps purchased from the appstore. all other apps from cydia or ********** are gone.
      uh, no they are not