• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • ultrasn0w 0.8 out! Unlock iPhone 3GS cross-platform


    ultrasn0w (the current iPhone software unlock solution) is now OFFICIALLY and completely supporting all iPhone's, including the 3GS.

    It works from Linux, Windows, or OS X now as well.

    You can download the 0.8 update through Cydia by adding the repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: ultrasn0w 0.8 out! Unlock iPhone 3GS cross-platform started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 35 Comments
    1. Aki1234's Avatar
      Aki1234 -
      because i have a working jailbroken& unlocked thanks to ultrasn0w 0.6 iphone working on orange uk payg sim in there, it works for a couple of days before i lose signal but all i have to do is put the sim into another phone call someone/ credit line then i get the signal back after 2 sec of puting sim back into the iphone, no wifi probs or any thing else - and toggling airplane mode when i lose signal does not work for me just to let you guys to know.

      My question is to the devteam/anyone smarter then me! if i update to ultrasn0w 0.8, will it work the same or will i have problems and is possiable to get a list of changes/improvement? from 0.6 to 0.8 - like it only works with iphone 3GS not 3G (dont need to go into detail)

      PS if the DevTeam are reading this is it possiable for you smart guys to create an app so when i do lose signal i can run the app instead of taking out the sim puting into another phone calling out then puting it back in just to make it work again " i have a dream..." too.

      Please please can other people leave more detail please like for example

      iphone 3G 8GB ver 3.0
      UK Orange pay as you go sim with 3g
      works for afew days/sometimes hours

      sorry for the long post is it possiable to change the imei number of the iphone 3G 8GB

      thanks for reading i will reply to any comments as soon as i can thankyou

      Aki out...
    1. jaas75's Avatar
      jaas75 -
      yes i would love to see the changes or improvements on new ultrasnow.
      right now i have the first ultrasnow and works like a charm (no bugs or problems)should i upgrade?


      thxs in advance
      jose
    1. thegoodboy66's Avatar
      thegoodboy66 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
      yes i would love to see the changes or improvements on new ultrasnow.
      right now i have the first ultrasnow and works like a charm (no bugs or problems)should i upgrade?


      thxs in advance
      jose
      I have exactly the same question
    1. sk_anti35's Avatar
      sk_anti35 -
      The new release is to be more compatible for 3GS, I have this new version installed on my iphone 3g with no problems whatsoever.
    1. Neo-Tech's Avatar
      Neo-Tech -
      Same here, I upgraded but I'm official O2 so haven't tested since. However, I have tested it on other iPhones and it works fine, and would like to know about the changes

      @Aki1234, iPhone 3G 8GB, Orange PayG SIM Card works fine, although only used it for a few minutes for testing. Try disabling 3G
    1. Aki1234's Avatar
      Aki1234 -
      Thanks for the reply i have tried disabling the 3g same thing happens some time it works for afew hrs some days, i read its the way orange do the checks when it reconnects to adifferent sat?? (havent a clue what he meant by this - if you do please enlighten me) but voda dont do this so there sim cards should work with no problems - havnt tried this so please dont take my word for it - if it does please dont say ive only tried for afew minutes- ( sorry neo-tech )

      personally i would like to see this - so people with iphone 3g 8gb /3gs 16gb/32gb for example

      my iphone

      found/stolen dont really know it was locked when i got it...anywayz...
      iphone 3g 8gb
      activated via jailbreaking
      unlocked via ultrasn0w 0.6
      working Orange PAYG sim with 3g

      Problems
      works sometimes for days or hours then Restricted Network pops up
      Cure
      insert sim into another phone call out then reinsert sim into iphone then it works again.

      Its funny i charge 20 to unlock and jailbreak ive only done with activated o2 sim with original iphone (brought from shop not street corner) - must try with other phone + peps you guys know about the problem with winterboard and ultrasnow right?

      again sorry for the long post hey i can type 45wpm but still cant spell right sometimes lol

      thanks again for the reply any problem i more then happy to help since there is no work at work where i work? yes i think thats right.

      Aki out... kill zone 2 rocks ahhh **** FU*K someguy just blew F'IN head off while im typing this ahhahhahahhh JOBCENTRE monday morning...
    1. maasi81's Avatar
      maasi81 -
      This repo works, and it has successfully unlocked my greenlandic sim-card... ;-) Thanx a lot!
    1. Neo-Tech's Avatar
      Neo-Tech -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aki1234 View Post
      Thanks for the reply i have tried disabling the 3g same thing happens some time it works for afew hrs some days, i read its the way orange do the checks when it reconnects to adifferent sat?? (havent a clue what he meant by this - if you do please enlighten me) but voda dont do this so there sim cards should work with no problems - havnt tried this so please dont take my word for it - if it does please dont say ive only tried for afew minutes- ( sorry neo-tech )

      personally i would like to see this - so people with iphone 3g 8gb /3gs 16gb/32gb for example

      my iphone

      found/stolen dont really know it was locked when i got it...anywayz...
      iphone 3g 8gb
      activated via jailbreaking
      unlocked via ultrasn0w 0.6
      working Orange PAYG sim with 3g

      Problems
      works sometimes for days or hours then Restricted Network pops up
      Cure
      insert sim into another phone call out then reinsert sim into iphone then it works again.

      Its funny i charge 20 to unlock and jailbreak ive only done with activated o2 sim with original iphone (brought from shop not street corner) - must try with other phone + peps you guys know about the problem with winterboard and ultrasnow right?

      again sorry for the long post hey i can type 45wpm but still cant spell right sometimes lol

      thanks again for the reply any problem i more then happy to help since there is no work at work where i work? yes i think thats right.

      Aki out... kill zone 2 rocks ahhh **** FU*K someguy just blew F'IN head off while im typing this ahhahhahahhh JOBCENTRE monday morning...
      Aww. Your last few lines gave me a laugh, HAHA!

      Quote Originally Posted by maasi81 View Post
      This repo works, and it has successfully unlocked my greenlandic sim-card... ;-) Thanx a lot!
      Congrats!
    1. bertrand navy's Avatar
      bertrand navy -
      hey i found that have a look and help me to find it because i'm really interested youtube .com/watch?v=bF21Fg0MQB4
    1. Gunner104's Avatar
      Gunner104 -
      Hey guys just a quick question. This is my 1st post here, might be a little off-topic but i didnt have the option of creating a new thread, so ill put it here.

      At the moment everyone is very happy with the new unlocks, however i am a little stuck. I bought myself an Iphone from the Uk (locked) off E-bay thinking i would save a few bucks if i did the unlock myself. However i cant even get into the main menu as my iphone isnt even activated, or able of being activated (with my Dutch Sim card). I believe there was a program; quickpwn or someting similar for the 3G which allows you to get past the activation (the screen where you can only make emergency calls, and tells you in the background to activate it with itunes (which i cant).

      I admit that i didnt look through every thread on the forum so my apologies if it has been mentioned, but is there any way at this point in time for me to get past this anoying screen?

      Pretty elaborate explanation for such a simple question, but i still hope to get an answer as my iphone 3gs is no fun if i can only use it to call 911 (112 here )

      Thanks in advance!!

      Sorry for my average english lol, am from Holland (isnt that wierd?!)
    1. Neo-Tech's Avatar
      Neo-Tech -
      Hello and welcome to the forums,

      So you bought an locked iPhone form eBay and you are getting the iTunes activation screen? No problem. Firstly, I suggest you restore to the latest firmware which is 3.0, plug your iPhone in to your PC, turn your iPhone off, then press the Power button for 3 seconds, then press the Home and Power button for 10 seconds, let go of the Power button and keep the Home button pressed until iTunes picks up your iPhone in Restore Mode. Then press Restore.

      Now you need to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone. Firstly, you need to go over to the Dev-Team Blog, click on the Official Torrents link on the left hand side, download the latest redsn0w from there, run it then follow the guides on here on how to use redsn0w

      Hope this helps
      Neo-Tech
    1. Aponizuma's Avatar
      Aponizuma -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
      yes i would love to see the changes or improvements on new ultrasnow.
      right now i have the first ultrasnow and works like a charm (no bugs or problems)should i upgrade?


      thxs in advance
      jose
      please, this question got lost somewhere and i need the answer too - ultrasnow 0.6 is fine but cydia bugs me with the available upgrade to 0.8, should i? thanks. and if possible state the changes made from 0.6 to 0.8.
    1. aamodr's Avatar
      aamodr -
      the ultrasnOw is not working for the 3G phone in Mumbai India..tried it on a couple of phones all the same results.. we get the carrier then 'no service' then 'no sim' then '...searching'.. then 'no service' and the cycle cont.. can ay one tell us why?
      i have tried it on the Airtel network only.
    1. WiCkEd_3G's Avatar
      WiCkEd_3G -
      i used redsnow to jailbreak my iphone 3g with 3.0 and then used ultrasn0w to unlock for tmobile usa but i am not able to use the cellular data network and there is no spot for me to enter the APN address for the data network what should i do? all it says when trying to use safri is could not activate cellular data network! any help would be awesome!!
    1. Aponizuma's Avatar
      Aponizuma -
      Quote Originally Posted by WiCkEd_3G View Post
      i used redsnow to jailbreak my iphone 3g with 3.0 and then used ultrasn0w to unlock for tmobile usa but i am not able to use the cellular data network and there is no spot for me to enter the APN address for the data network what should i do? all it says when trying to use safri is could not activate cellular data network! any help would be awesome!!
      should the following two screens be in your settings-general-network - otherwise, you could try redoing the jailbreak/unlock procedures again.