• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!


    Earlier this morning geohot posted the first official photos of a jailbroken iPhone 3G[s]. geohot uses an iboot patch to upload a LLB to the phone which utilizes the 24kpwn patch in the bootrom. He mentions on twitter that a simple change in the current redsn0w would allow the 3G[s] jailbreak:


    geohot:


    There is still lot of questions on whether geohot plans on releasing a jailbreak tool of his own or releasing his exploit to the other dev teams working on the project. Seeing as it would only take updating a few lines in redsn0w, I would hope he allows the dev team to update it and get the tool to the public as soon as possible. We almost haz jailbreak.




    Enjoy!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away! started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 2113 Comments
    1. east1999bt's Avatar
      east1999bt -
      Quote Originally Posted by rand0m-her0 View Post

      I'm having an issue with Cydia install however... It downloads, unpacks, and cleans.. Then says finished, but the status bar at the bottom is only 3/4's of the way threw the bar. I've been sitting here with no progress for 15 mins. Any ideas?
      i had the same issue. just restart your phone, turn it off and back on and i think cydia will show up
    1. gsmumbo's Avatar
      gsmumbo -
      backgrounder works perfectly! I am listening to AOL radio while surfing safari
    1. Get_Zwole's Avatar
      Get_Zwole -
      How do i use quickpwn if it gets stuck again? I tried it and its still in recovery again waiting to reboot? First iphone to do all this stuff on my own sorry for the dumb questions.
    1. rand0m-her0's Avatar
      rand0m-her0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
      Restart the phone and Cydia should appear...

      You do not need the ra1nyday file.

      I ran it in an XP VM that did not have access to that file and according to Geohot's tweets it is for future use.
      personally mine wouldnt work after 4 tries, moved purplera1nyday into same folder and it worked. Maybe it's my PC maybe it needed the file.

      edit: thanks for the tip to restart the phone for Cydia btw

      Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
      How do i use quickpwn if it gets stuck again? I tried it and its still in recovery again waiting to reboot? First iphone to do all this stuff on my own sorry for the dumb questions.

      Follow these instructions taken off geo's blog by "thomas":

      Download QuickPWN, plug your consistently rebooting into restore mode iPhone into your USB port, run QuickPWN, follow the onscreen instructions (hold power and home for 15 seconds, wait, hold power for 2 seconds) and POOF, you're out of recovery mode.

      Yes, yes, I know you're telling me you've already tried pushing the buttons like that. Sure. I understand. But try it with QuickPWN running and watch your iPhone come back to life!
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
      backgrounder works perfectly! I am listening to AOL radio while surfing safari
      I know. It works so much better on the 3G[s]
    1. Ath_x64's Avatar
      Ath_x64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rand0m-her0 View Post
      personally mine wouldnt work after 4 tries, moved purplera1nyday into same folder and it worked. Maybe it's my PC maybe it needed the file.

      edit: thanks for the tip to restart the phone for Cydia btw
      I had some issues as well, I had to do some odd, out of order steps.

      I had to connect the phone with iTunes, run pruplera1n, then close itunes... restart purplera1n and then it ran ok..

      This was in the XP VM so I think my problem was the VM USB capture was too slow for purplera1n to use on one go.

      I found that in Vista you have to have UAC off and Run it as admin (right click and select run as administrator.)

      Other than that and the issues with some mobilesubstrate apps things are working perfectly
    1. rand0m-her0's Avatar
      rand0m-her0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
      I had some issues as well, I had to do some odd, out of order steps.

      I had to connect the phone with iTunes, run pruplera1n, then close itunes... restart purplera1n and then it ran ok..

      This was in the XP VM so I think my problem was the VM USB capture was too slow for purplera1n to use on one go.

      I found that in Vista you have to have UAC off and Run it as admin (right click and select run as administrator.)

      Other than that and the issues with some mobilesubstrate apps things are working perfectly
      LOL, I did it on my parents computer. Unknown specs, HP computer with winXP bought from bestbuy up here in beautiful BC LOL.

      My AppStore works perfectly, no wifi, bluetooth, 3g, text or any issues whatsoever. That being said I dont know what to install as this is my FIRST jb'd iPhone. anyone got suggestions for me?
    1. Ath_x64's Avatar
      Ath_x64 -
      SBSettings is a good place to start...
      It allows for quick access to your setting from the status bar.
      Five Icon Dock is great, as is notifier (puts icons like mail, sms, mute, etc on the status bar),

      Until the patch for the mobilesubstrate is out stay away from winterboard.

      You can browse through Cydia to see what is out.
      Just make sure you do not install anything that requires winterboard as they will install that as a dependency.
    1. nickmcc's Avatar
      nickmcc -
      I've managed to jailbreak my 3GS. I can SSH into it just fine. I see the following message directly after logging in, although it still works.

      Code:
      desktop:~ Me$ ssh [email protected]
      [email protected]'s password: 
      dyld: code signature failed for /usr/lib/libreadline.6.0.dylib with errno=1
      dyld: code signature failed for /usr/lib/libhistory.6.0.dylib with errno=1
      dyld: code signature failed for /usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib with errno=1
      iPhone:~ root# 
      iPhone:~ root# ls
      Library/  Media/
      However, I can't manage to SFTP in. Transmit says "Permission Denied" and FuGu just silently fails.

      Any idea why? I've tried clearing out both my ~/.ssh and reinstalling OpenSSH on the iphone.

      I have changed my password from the default, but it clearly works in SSH, just not SFTP.

      Just tried SFTPing from the console, still no luck:
      Code:
      desktop:~ Me$ sftp [email protected]
      Connecting to 10.0.1.11...
      [email protected]'s password: 
      Connection closed
    1. Get_Zwole's Avatar
      Get_Zwole -
      what does UAC stand for on vista and how do i make sure its set right?
    1. rand0m-her0's Avatar
      rand0m-her0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
      SBSettings is a good place to start...
      It allows for quick access to your setting from the status bar.
      Five Icon Dock is great, as is notifier (puts icons like mail, sms, mute, etc on the status bar),

      Until the patch for the mobilesubstrate is out stay away from winterboard.

      You can browse through Cydia to see what is out.
      Just make sure you do not install anything that requires winterboard as they will install that as a dependency.
      Thanks for the tips! I just actually tried downloading SBSettings and it failed to install, so i hit reload springboard and it sat there doing the "thinking circle" for ten minutes so I restarted my phone. Wonder why it froze.
    1. Get_Zwole's Avatar
      Get_Zwole -
      OK UAC is off ran the file as admin still does the same thing. Thank god for quickpwn or id be doing this all day. Any other suggestions.

      Random i tried searching for the itunesmobiledevice.dll and nothing shows up
    1. east1999bt's Avatar
      east1999bt -
      i accidentally installed all trusted sources from pwn center...

      does anyone know how to undo this? i realize i do not need all these (mostly) useless sources.

      i'd like to just reinstall cydia.. how do i do that? should i run purplera1n again?

      p.s. i deleted my freeze app already
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by east1999bt View Post
      i accidentally installed all trusted sources from pwn center...

      does anyone know how to undo this? i realize i do not need all these (mostly) useless sources.

      i'd like to just reinstall cydia.. how do i do that? should i run purplera1n again?

      p.s. i deleted my freeze app already
      Seems to me that you could remove them 1 by 1 by going into the manage/sources tab in Cydia, or could be done via SSH.
    1. Ath_x64's Avatar
      Ath_x64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rand0m-her0 View Post
      Thanks for the tips! I just actually tried downloading SBSettings and it failed to install, so i hit reload springboard and it sat there doing the "thinking circle" for ten minutes so I restarted my phone. Wonder why it froze.
      I had a problem like that with the first app I installed and then it just went away after about the third app.

      Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
      OK UAC is off ran the file as admin still does the same thing. Thank god for quickpwn or id be doing this all day. Any other suggestions.

      Random i tried searching for the itunesmobiledevice.dll and nothing shows up
      What version of Vista are you using?
      Also what version of iTunes? It should work with Vista but I am pretty sure you have to have iTunes 8.2

      In folder options have you made sure that hidden files are visible as well as system protected files when you do the search?
    1. Get_Zwole's Avatar
      Get_Zwole -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ath_x64 View Post
      I had a problem like that with the first app I installed and then it just went away after about the third app.



      What version of Vista are you using?
      Also what version of iTunes? It should work with Vista but I am pretty sure you have to have iTunes 8.2

      In folder options have you made sure that hidden files are visible as well as system protected files when you do the search?
      yup made sure all these were done and it still wont find the itunesmobile thing

      vista home premium 32 bit 8.2 itunes

      Ok now i even found the mobile device heres where it is located
      CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin
      seems right to me? i dont understand why it wont work ive tryed just about every way listed and still just waits for reboot.
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
      yup made sure all these were done and it still wont find the itunesmobile thing

      vista home premium 32 bit 8.2 itunes

      Ok now i even found the mobile device heres where it is located
      C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device Supportbin
      seems right to me? i dont understand why it wont work ive tryed just about every way listed and still just waits for reboot.
      Try doing it with Itunes open and running.
    1. xlslx's Avatar
      xlslx -
      i have exact the same issues like mentoined above:

      Code:
      dyld: code signature failed for /usr/lib/libreadline.6.0.dylib with errno=1
      dyld: code signature failed for /usr/lib/libhistory.6.0.dylib with errno=1
      dyld: code signature failed for /usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib with errno=1
      this occurs while doing SSH and i seen it several times while installing apps with Cydia!

      Anyone knows what the problem is and maybe how it can be solved?

      And please stop the discuss why the jailbreak didnt work - everyone now has enough tutorials around, even with using diff. languages windows....

      THX, Martin
    1. Ath_x64's Avatar
      Ath_x64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Get_Zwole View Post
      yup made sure all these were done and it still wont find the itunesmobile thing

      vista home premium 32 bit 8.2 itunes

      Ok now i even found the mobile device heres where it is located
      C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device Supportbin
      seems right to me? i dont understand why it wont work ive tryed just about every way listed and still just waits for reboot.
      As CPJR said you have to have iTunes open at least to start the JB.
    1. A_DuB187's Avatar
      A_DuB187 -
      Has anyone heard anything new about the mobilesubstrate patch?