• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!


    Earlier this morning geohot posted the first official photos of a jailbroken iPhone 3G[s]. geohot uses an iboot patch to upload a LLB to the phone which utilizes the 24kpwn patch in the bootrom. He mentions on twitter that a simple change in the current redsn0w would allow the 3G[s] jailbreak:


    geohot:


    There is still lot of questions on whether geohot plans on releasing a jailbreak tool of his own or releasing his exploit to the other dev teams working on the project. Seeing as it would only take updating a few lines in redsn0w, I would hope he allows the dev team to update it and get the tool to the public as soon as possible. We almost haz jailbreak.




    Enjoy!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away! started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 2113 Comments
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
      He's same as me I think.
      Glad to know we have another genius on board....
    1. Mista Brothason's Avatar
      Mista Brothason -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      Have you not realized yet that the dev team jailbreaks EVERY firmware released???? STFU already. There will be jailbreaks FOREVER! The game will never end. Enough with saying that 3.0.1 etc. wont be able to be jailbroken. If you know so much why dont you just figure out a way to jailbreak 3.0 3GS yourself then? Oh yeah, you dont even own a 3GS yet......
      Apple may patch the baseband so there's no more unlock

      Don't be rude and tell people to shut the f up, take you're own advice buddy, this is obviously over your head
    1. Andylogo's Avatar
      Andylogo -
      First post here so i'm not sure what people will think of my opinion but here goes:

      Waiting to release the jailbreak until 3.0.1 makes very little sense as far as unlocking is concerned. If apple really does patch the hole for ultrasn0w in the new release then those on 3.0.1 still won't be able to unlock their phones. If they do release the jailbreak now then those waiting for a jailbreak release before they purchase the phone will at least be able to have an unlocked phone on 3.0.0 firmware. If the jailbreak is released after 3.0.1...then those who waited for a jailbreak won't be able to unlock their phones. If there really are two exploits...why not release an updated redsn0w using one of the exploits then hold onto the other exploit for after the release of 3.0.1.

      Just my 2 cents
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      Have you not realized yet that the dev team jailbreaks EVERY firmware released???? STFU already. There will be jailbreaks FOREVER! The game will never end. Enough with saying that 3.0.1 etc. wont be able to be jailbroken. If you know so much why dont you just figure out a way to jailbreak 3.0 3GS yourself then? Oh yeah, you dont even own a 3GS yet......
      Umm when did i say 3.0.1 wont be able to be jailbroken? Lmao, take your own advice and stfu. This is what I am saying: every firmware is jailbroken, as you said. And after that Apple breaks it with a software update and then that firmware is then jailbroken. They are waiting for 3.0.1 so Apple wont break the jailbreak. But if they release it after 3.0.1 Apple will just release 3.0.2 nd break it. If the jailbreak to 3.0.1 is going to be broken by a 3.0.2 anyway then why wait for 3.0.1? Release it now because either way the exploit will be fixed and they will have to find another way to jailbreak it, whether its for 3.0.1 or 3.0.2. Im not saying nor did i ever say 3.0.1 wont be jailbroken, All im saying is that the jailbreak is going to be patched by Apple eventually so why not release and enjoy it now. I suggest you improve your reading comprehension before making assumptions and posting about it as your the only one who misconstrued my post enough to get irate over it

      And when did I say I was going to do my own? We are talking about the decision to release a program, not how to make it or anything technical like that. I know Im not smart enough to make my own jailbreak but I do know I am smarter than you on this subject
    1. Tiyuri's Avatar
      Tiyuri -
      Quote Originally Posted by Andylogo View Post
      First post here so i'm not sure what people will think of my opinion but here goes:

      Waiting to release the jailbreak until 3.0.1 makes very little sense as far as unlocking is concerned. If apple really does patch the hole for ultrasn0w in the new release then those on 3.0.1 still won't be able to unlock their phones. If they do release the jailbreak now then those waiting for a jailbreak release before they purchase the phone will at least be able to have an unlocked phone on 3.0.0 firmware. If the jailbreak is released after 3.0.1...then those who waited for a jailbreak won't be able to unlock their phones. If there really are two exploits...why not release an updated redsn0w using one of the exploits then hold onto the other exploit for after the release of 3.0.1.

      Just my 2 cents
      That's what I'm hoping will happen, one exploit before, one after. :P but I doubt that's what will happen.
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Glad to know we have another genius on board....
      Lol typo, I'm really tired, I meant age, I'm a genius at Maths and Physics though
      Although I wish I was an iPhone genius
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Andylogo View Post
      First post here so i'm not sure what people will think of my opinion but here goes:
      With all due respect, I think people think more of the Dev Team's opinion and they seem to think there is a point in waiting.
    1. Andylogo's Avatar
      Andylogo -
      as i said...it is my opinion. Forums were created to allow everyone to express their own opinion. I think you've either forgotten or are far to young to remember. Have you never heard the term "forum for debate"?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      You are entitled to your opinion. As is everyone else. All I pointed out is that it differs from the Dev Teams. People will make up their own mind as to which opinion carries more weight.

      Thank you for suggesting I might be too young - it's been a long time since anyone has suggested that
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      There is no point in waiting because then Apple will release 3.0.2 to patch the exploit. Besides everything can be hacked..........except the PS3.
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
      There is no point in waiting because then Apple will release 3.0.2 to patch the exploit. Besides everything can be hacked..........except the PS3.
      Thats exactly what Ive been saying (minus the PS3 part lol). Tell that to Melech
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
      There is no point in waiting because then Apple will release 3.0.2 to patch the exploit.
      The Dev team will make an announcement tomorrow as to why they do not think as you do.
    1. jerrykid323's Avatar
      jerrykid323 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
      I don't see the point of upgrading to 3.0.1 unless they give us something WORTH it like quickreply a la bitesms... What could they possibly do to make us want to upgrade? Are they gonna come out and admit "We fixed the exploit that allows us from preventing you unlocking your phones" C'mon Apple, come correct for once
      I totally agree!!!
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      The Dev team will make an announcement tomorrow as to why they do not think as you do.
      Oh I've not really been following the Dev Team, been following GeoHot and I'm sure he said that Apple should try harder in iPhone 4G, so that means it's a hardware exploit, so a software patch by Apple would be useless.
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      Fantastic, my 3GS looks so plain compared to my JB 2G.

      GeoHot please release to all so all tools can make use of this.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Should I start a poll? It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us. Should the dev team wait or should they release it right away? Of course none of this matters because geohot and chronic team will release theirs about 5 minutes after they are done with the GUI.
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      Bernie-Mac, do you not get it?

      If Apple release 3.0.1 tomorrow and then the jailbreak is released, then there will be a grace period of everyone, including people buying BRAND NEW 3GS's (some stores are still out of stock), being jailbroken no matter what.

      Apple is not going to release 3.0.2 the next day, or the next week. There will be a mid-lengthy time period before 3.0.2 is released. Apple would look stupid pushing out 2 updates in a short space of time.

      With 3.0.1 so close, it would be rediculous to release the jailbreak now.

      If the jailbreak is released now, Apple could hold off an extra week or so to release 3.0.1, and then the only people who can jailbreak are people who have a 3GS already AND have been to purplera1n.com.

      All new phones will come with 3.0.1 loaded and will NOT be able to be jailbroken. Not until a brand new exploit is found, which could take aaaaaaaaages.

      I trust you stealth and that is some insightful information you have given us, as always. I just hope 3.0.1 is released tomorrow for the better of everyone involved!
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Thats exactly what Ive been saying (minus the PS3 part lol). Tell that to Melech
      Lol yeh I saw your post, it's true though unless Apple do a Sony(you'd know if you been follwing the PSP hacking community), then you'll be pretty much waiting for a long time!

      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      Should I start a poll? It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us. Should the dev team wait or should they release it right away? Of course none of this matters because geohot and chronic team will release theirs about 5 minutes after they are done with the GUI.
      Yes, start a poll, for fun .

      Btw who is the chronic team?? GeoHot for the win!!!!!!
      Thanks to you to Dev Team but without GeoHot you guys are nothing!

      I don't know why you guys are arguing, it's not as though any of our opinions matter
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
      Bernie-Mac, do you not get it?

      If Apple release 3.0.1 tomorrow and then the jailbreak is released, then there will be a grace period of everyone, including people buying BRAND NEW 3GS's (some stores are still out of stock), being jailbroken no matter what.

      Apple is not going to release 3.0.2 the next day, or the next week. There will be a mid-lengthy time period before 3.0.2 is released. Apple would look stupid pushing out 2 updates in a short space of time.

      With 3.0.1 so close, it would be rediculous to release the jailbreak now.

      If the jailbreak is released now, Apple could hold off an extra week or so to release 3.0.1, and then the only people who can jailbreak are people who have a 3GS already AND have been to purplera1n.com.

      All new phones will come with 3.0.1 loaded and will NOT be able to be jailbroken. Not until a brand new exploit is found, which could take aaaaaaaaages.

      I trust you stealth and that is some insightful information you have given us, as always. I just hope 3.0.1 is released tomorrow for the better of everyone involved!

      I do get it. Were going to have a grace period now. Stealth, the one you trust so much, said we wont see 3.0.1 for a few weeks so whether the grace period is between 3.0 and 3.0.1 or 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 we still have one so why not enjoy it now? And, as stated before, this exploit is going to be patched sooner or later so why not just release it now?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      Should I start a poll? It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us. Should the dev team wait or should they release it right away? Of course none of this matters because geohot and chronic team will release theirs about 5 minutes after they are done with the GUI.
      Don't you just love biased Polls?

      It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us.
      Source?

      I really hope Geo and Chronic don't ruin it for everyone but I have a feeling they might.