• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!


    Earlier this morning geohot posted the first official photos of a jailbroken iPhone 3G[s]. geohot uses an iboot patch to upload a LLB to the phone which utilizes the 24kpwn patch in the bootrom. He mentions on twitter that a simple change in the current redsn0w would allow the 3G[s] jailbreak:


    geohot:


    There is still lot of questions on whether geohot plans on releasing a jailbreak tool of his own or releasing his exploit to the other dev teams working on the project. Seeing as it would only take updating a few lines in redsn0w, I would hope he allows the dev team to update it and get the tool to the public as soon as possible. We almost haz jailbreak.




    Enjoy!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away! started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 2113 Comments
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
      How much time do you think I have?

      Also, how and where should I buy it (btw, I'm switching from verizon to at&t so it'd be under new contract)?
      Go to any apple store...they have tons of stock but lonngggggg lines. I will tell you what I did, Go here first: Apple Retail Store - iPhone availability at the Apple Store check the availability! Do all the pre-authorization online at apple.com. Then go to the store. I think you should do it soon....like today!
    1. brianmarocco's Avatar
      brianmarocco -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
      I have that problem when using certain CPU intensive apps, like leaf trombone. I also have a serious issue with battery drain, my 3g & my 2g BOTH hold battery better. I have been investigating this on Apple's forums, I am not alone, but there are several suggestions I plan to implement. I am not using any 3rd party chargers.
      Mine gets a little warmer but no big deal. I am having the same issues with major battery drain. I called Apple today, knowing it was a waste but oh well, and they offered squat. Thing is mine was not doing this at first. I use only apple USB chargers but I do use a Sony radio at night. That should not be a problem but I guess it could be. Frustrates me because I am not JB yet and have only stock apps with all push turned off. If it does not improve I will bring it in.
      PS
      SB give me something to smile about, PLEASE!!!
    1. SilverFox's Avatar
      SilverFox -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      Go to any apple store...they have tons of stock but lonngggggg lines. I will tell you what I did, Go here first: Apple Retail Store - iPhone availability at the Apple Store check the availability! Do all the pre-authorization online at apple.com. Then go to the store. I think you should do it soon....like today!
      That's just what I'll do, thanks!


      Also guys, you think this would mess with the battery for the iPhone? I'd wanna get it because I think I'd use it alot, but not at the expense of ruining the phone.

      >> https://www.ipwr.com/shop/default/ip...FeFL5QodWHtZDQ
    1. VPxPrettyBoy's Avatar
      VPxPrettyBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
      So nobody knows what going to happen within the next few days regarding the jailbreak, but I'm sure most of you have heard about this:

      iPhone 3G[S] OVERHEATING - Battery Issues Likely Cause of iPhone 3GS Overheating | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

      So I haven't gotten mine yet, apple says they're going to start using new batteries, anyone have the same problem?

      i haven't had any overheating issues with my 3GS. i did experience my battery draining faster than usual at first, but after some uses and charges, the battery life is back to where it was when i had the 3G
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
      And every time you use that poxy website you have to remember the stupid code. I dont care for sending but im glad i dont have to use that website anymore. I feel for youwith that one.

      And MMi, EDIT keeps crashing my Safari 4 browser
      It's the same situation in all other phones too, send fine but get that stupid text linking me online. I regret texting O2 for settings!! I was in this exact situation a few months ago and after I called O2 11 times, the 11th guy actually understood what I meant and now I can't remember his name!!! So far, I've rang 3 times *sigh*. The people who answer now are just stupid, I could do a much better job!!!
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
      That's just what I'll do, thanks!


      Also guys, you think this would mess with the battery for the iPhone? I'd wanna get it because I think I'd use it alot, but not at the expense of ruining the phone.

      >> https://www.ipwr.com/shop/default/ip...FeFL5QodWHtZDQ
      I personally would stay away from all of those after market batteries, the 3gs battery is pretty good. Wait a little while and see if you actually go through a lot of the battery during the day and it is necessary. Not too mention they are added bulk. I just keep a few extra chargers in places I go a lot, ie. car, office, and never has my battery died.
    1. xxzone's Avatar
      xxzone -
      Quote Originally Posted by thedanks View Post
      weed
      ok that made me lol for real.
    1. dmerrill's Avatar
      dmerrill -
      Quote Originally Posted by brianmarocco View Post
      Mine gets a little warmer but no big deal. I am having the same issues with major battery drain. I called Apple today, knowing it was a waste but oh well, and they offered squat. Thing is mine was not doing this at first. I use only apple USB chargers but I do use a Sony radio at night. That should not be a problem but I guess it could be. Frustrates me because I am not JB yet and have only stock apps with all push turned off. If it does not improve I will bring it in.
      PS
      SB give me something to smile about, PLEASE!!!
      I am goiing to try a few suggestions I saw on the apple forum, like a complete restore, maybe a complete battery drain & recharge a few times, as fast as it goes, it won't be hard. I also noticed that it seems to take a LONG time to recharge, how about you?
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
      That's just what I'll do, thanks!


      Also guys, you think this would mess with the battery for the iPhone? I'd wanna get it because I think I'd use it alot, but not at the expense of ruining the phone.

      >> https://www.ipwr.com/shop/default/ip...FeFL5QodWHtZDQ
      Check out:

      mophie - iPhone Battery, iPod Cases, iPhone accessories and more!


      I have one myself, the Air isnt quite as large but it doubles as a complete case. Couldn't live without it now.
    1. dmerrill's Avatar
      dmerrill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      I personally would stay away from all of those after market batteries, the 3gs battery is pretty good. Wait a little while and see if you actually go through a lot of the battery during the day and it is necessary. Not too mention they are added bulk. I just keep a few extra chargers in places I go a lot, ie. car, office, and never has my battery died.
      I have chargers everywhere, but we are a multiple ipod/iphone house too! We also have Kensington battery backups, won't leave home without one! It has worked flawlessly on all 3 generations.
    1. VPxPrettyBoy's Avatar
      VPxPrettyBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
      I am goiing to try a few suggestions I saw on the apple forum, like a complete restore, maybe a complete battery drain & recharge a few times, as fast as it goes, it won't be hard. I also noticed that it seems to take a LONG time to recharge, how about you?
      you can also turn down the brightness of the screen and turn off the auto-brightness to see if that helps
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
      I am goiing to try a few suggestions I saw on the apple forum, like a complete restore, maybe a complete battery drain & recharge a few times, as fast as it goes, it won't be hard. I also noticed that it seems to take a LONG time to recharge, how about you?
      Have you guys tried going back to Apple and reporting these problems yet?? I mean I could be wrong but this sounds like a major hardware problem. My 3g[s]'s charge very quickly and battery last a long time, plus it doesnt get hot. I personally just bought a 13" macbook pro last week, I thought the computer was getting too hot and the LCD was yellowish looking, so I went to apple and told them that I dont expect these kind of problems form an apple product and I want a new one right now. They replaced it in 2 seconds. I would try that actually with the phones as well. You can also call apple customer care and ask to speak to a supervisor...I did this also before and now am good friends with the Apple online store manager. Just play the game of, "I am such a loyal apple customer and this is seriously making me doubt the quality of your products." If the phone is new there shouldnt be any problem in the first place. A new phone should hold a charge period
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by jerrykid323 View Post
      lol...

      too bad you are too far away

      Im not
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      It's not the iPhone's, I heard it's the chargers.
    1. xxzone's Avatar
      xxzone -
      I've noticed my battery being bad also. I have most everything off (push, bluetooth, gps, 3g, ect), and I used to be able to stay at 100% with light use for a half hour. Now I can go down to 95% in a half hour just checking email, or doing very little.

      The bad part is that most of the half hour the phone is in standby.
    1. fletch33's Avatar
      fletch33 -
      is this the thread about the upcoming JB and the pictures related to it etc.. or did i click the wrong link?
    1. dmerrill's Avatar
      dmerrill -
      Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
      you can also turn down the brightness of the screen and turn off the auto-brightness to see if that helps
      Already tirned it down, but didn't turn the auto-off. Regardless, it shouldn't be like this in the first place. ALl the touted new battery likfe and it's worse than my 2g or my 3g?
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
      I am goiing to try a few suggestions I saw on the apple forum, like a complete restore, maybe a complete battery drain & recharge a few times, as fast as it goes, it won't be hard. I also noticed that it seems to take a LONG time to recharge, how about you?
      A simple hard reset will probably fix it.
    1. VPxPrettyBoy's Avatar
      VPxPrettyBoy -
      i've gone 42 hrs on my 3GS and the battery meter says 42% right now. I have Wifi enabled, PUSH enabled, and it fetches for mail every 30 minutes, with a little usage using apps, and probably 5 or so phone calls lasting no more than 3 minutes each
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      It's 3.0. There could be any amount of problems that need fixing that a majority of us wouldn't even understand.

      Personally, my calls are fine but im getting people reaching my answer phone and call drop outs constantly, the same as i did with the early 2.x days and i got a few replacements during that time