• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!


    Earlier this morning geohot posted the first official photos of a jailbroken iPhone 3G[s]. geohot uses an iboot patch to upload a LLB to the phone which utilizes the 24kpwn patch in the bootrom. He mentions on twitter that a simple change in the current redsn0w would allow the 3G[s] jailbreak:


    geohot:


    There is still lot of questions on whether geohot plans on releasing a jailbreak tool of his own or releasing his exploit to the other dev teams working on the project. Seeing as it would only take updating a few lines in redsn0w, I would hope he allows the dev team to update it and get the tool to the public as soon as possible. We almost haz jailbreak.




    Enjoy!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away! started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 2113 Comments
    1. Andylogo's Avatar
      Andylogo -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      The Dev team will make an announcement tomorrow as to why they do not think as you do.
      I quite honestly think the dev team don't have an exploit yet and certainly havn't used it to jailbreak a phone yet. That's my guess as to why they think it's best to wait.
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      OK, using this logic, i can say the jailbreak will be released tomorrow at 5:49AM GMT, then confucious uses my statement as a source. It then becomes a fact? No.

      Where has this 3 week figure come from? if theres a legitimate source fair play but ive read nothing anywhere about 3 weeks.

      And the grace period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 will be longer than from now to 3.0.1, even if its 3 weeks, so theres my reason.

      the only way you can say this is unrational is if you currently own a 3GS and are quite remarkably selfish
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Andylogo View Post
      I quite honestly think the dev team don't have an exploit yet and certainly havn't used it to jailbreak a phone yet. That's my guess as to why they think it's best to wait.
      We know they haven't, planetbeing has said they are lagging geo by 24 hours on this one. But if you believe that is their reason you really don't know the Dev Team.

      Anyway, I'm off to sleep now. I hope Geo or Chronic don't ruin things for everyone.

      Nite all.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      I do get it. Were going to have a grace period now. Stealth, the one you trust so much, said we wont see 3.0.1 for a few weeks so whether the grace period is between 3.0 and 3.0.1 or 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 we still have one so why not enjoy it now? And, as stated before, this exploit is going to be patched sooner or later so why not just release it now?
      You don't even own a 3GS...why are you still pushing the jailbreak. It doesnt affect you at all whether it is released today or in weeks from now. The Devs have never done us wrong. My suggestion, which I already know you have zero respect for, is to just be patient and wait. Look at how everyone pissed and moaned over ultrasn0w taking too long to be released, but when it was finally released everyone praised the Devs because it is STABLE! They know what they are doing and nothing we say here is going to push or delay the jailbreak of 3.0, 3.0.1, etc.. But I guess there are always those who feel the need to complain continuously about the release of a FREE program others are working hard to make available to EVERYONE. I would love to see someone at your job stand over you the entire time you are working shouting "are you done yet?""Do it already, we want it!""What are you waiting for?"
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      Just because someone doesn't own a 3Gs doesn't meant that they can't anticipate a jailbreak or want it
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      You don't even own a 3GS...why are you still pushing the jailbreak. It doesnt affect you at all whether it is released today or in weeks from now. The Devs have never done us wrong. My suggestion, which I already know you have zero respect for, is to just be patient and wait. Look at how everyone pissed and moaned over ultrasn0w taking too long to be released, but when it was finally released everyone praised the Devs because it is STABLE! They know what they are doing and nothing we say here is going to push or delay the jailbreak of 3.0, 3.0.1, etc.. But I guess there are always those who feel the need to complain continuously about the release of a FREE program others are working hard to make available to EVERYONE. I would love to see someone at your job stand over you the entire time you are working shouting "are you done yet?""Do it already, we want it!""What are you waiting for?"
      +1
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      The issue here is the decision to release a program. Just because I do not have a 3GS yet means I cannot give my opinion on a decision of a group of individuals? You are doing the same thing I am, arguing your opinions, so why am I the wrong one here? Is it because I dont agree with you or is it because I do not have a 3GS? Oh, thats right, its cuz i dont have a 3GS yet. Lol, really? Thats your point now? Well I guess you have nothing else to go back on. I am not complaining or whining or whatever, I am giving my opinion that they should release it now and I gave my points to back that up. You are all doing the same thing as me except you are pushing them not to release it now. That makes your arguement better than mine? Oh wait, its cuz I dont have a 3GS yet right? Lol, when you guys try bring that up as a legit argument, thats where you validity ends. You are insulting me for "pushing" the dev team to release it when you are "pushing" them not to. Lol you guys are a joke. Since i "dont belong" in this forum Ill walk out, have fun
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      I hope Geo or Chronic, or The Dev team give us the J/B before 3.0.1 comes out....so all we have to do is just not upgrade to 3.0.1 in till it is J/B.
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      @Bernie-Mac

      OK, using this logic, i can say the jailbreak will be released tomorrow at 5:49AM GMT, then confucious uses my statement as a source. It then becomes a fact? No.

      Where has this 3 week figure come from? if theres a legitimate source fair play but ive read nothing anywhere about 3 weeks.

      And the grace period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 will be longer than from now to 3.0.1, even if its 3 weeks, so theres my reason.
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
      OK, using this logic, i can say the jailbreak will be released tomorrow at 5:49AM GMT, then confucious uses my statement as a source. It then becomes a fact? No.

      Where has this 3 week figure come from? if theres a legitimate source fair play but ive read nothing anywhere about 3 weeks.

      And the grace period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 will be longer than from now to 3.0.1, even if its 3 weeks, so theres my reason.

      the only way you can say this is unrational is if you currently own a 3GS and are quite remarkably selfish
      The 3 week grace period is from Stealth, the one you trust. Also, he seems to be extremely knowledgable on this subject so I would believe him. And also, how do you know the period from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 wont be 3 weeks? Oh, thats right you dont.

      Its true what that say, you really cant argue with idiots. Have a nice thread guys
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      PLEASE READ WHAT THE DEVS JUST RELEASED Dev-Team Blog
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      I have no source for three weeks, that is speculation. I only know one person who works for Apple and I can't stand the old lady.

      I thought that Apple didn't release another firmware
      after 2.0 until 2-3 weeks later. All I can say is if 3.01 comes out within the next 5 days, then the dev team will be first to release. If not then we will all be singing the joys of purplera1n
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      tick tock, tick tock
    1. smittyjf's Avatar
      smittyjf -
      How many 3gs's have been sold now! Over 1 million last I saw.
      I think the percentage of phones on the market already well warrants the JB to be released. If you waited to purchase one, then "you snooze you loose" comes to mind.
      I have my file made to downgrade and anyone remotely interested in JB'ing should have theirs already. If they can't figure it out, they best not be doing anything to their phone.
      Like Bernie-Mac said, there will be multiple FW releases with JB to follow, so why not release it.

      Smitty
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      I have no source for three weeks, that is speculation. I only know one person who works for Apple and I can't stand the old lady.

      I thought that Apple didn't release another firmware
      after 2.0 until 2-3 weeks later. All I can say is if 3.01 comes out within the next 5 days, then the dev team will be first to release. If not then we will all be singing the joys of purplera1n
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      tick tock, tick tock
      ^+2
    1. reeko's Avatar
      reeko -
      Bernie-Mac, the dev-team have posted exactly what i was saying, but worded it allot simpler for the masses.

      I tried but maybe it wasn't quite simple enough for you.

      Here:

      Dev-Team Blog

      You understand better now? Or you still want jailbreak now?

      And this doesnt mean the jailbreak stops at 3.0.2, it means that the jailbreak will stop for brand new OTB 3.0.2 iPhones 3GS and after until a new exploit is found.

      All other 3GS's before that can use the ECID dump to update to any firmware past 3.0.1 whilst retaining the jailbreak.
    1. LSZ33's Avatar
      LSZ33 -
      all I know is that y'all should get your "purplera1n" on! I did.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Ok, so I found this interesting...I went to the apple online store a few minutes ago and purchased yet another 3GS, just to have on the 3.0 firmware, purchased the 2 day shipping, and apple states it will not be shipped for 5-7 business days?? What are they up to now??
    1. xxzone's Avatar
      xxzone -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      We know they haven't, planetbeing has said they are lagging geo by 24 hours on this one. But if you believe that is their reason you really don't know the Dev Team.

      Anyway, I'm off to sleep now. I hope Geo or Chronic don't ruin things for everyone.

      Nite all.
      Why don't you quit posting you hope they don't ruin it for everyone? They are different exploits, so worse case geo's gets blocked and the dev-teams doesn't.
    1. jerrykid323's Avatar
      jerrykid323 -
      Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
      Bernie-Mac, the dev-team have posted exactly what i was saying, but worded it allot simpler for the masses.

      I tried but maybe it wasn't quite simple enough for you.

      Here:

      Dev-Team Blog

      You understand better now? Or you still want jailbreak now?

      And this doesnt mean the jailbreak stops at 3.0.2, it means that the jailbreak will stop for brand new OTB 3.0.2 iPhones 3GS and after until a new exploit is found.

      All other 3GS's before that can use the ECID dump to update to any firmware past 3.0.1 whilst retaining the jailbreak.
      thanks !!!!

      I can DEF wait !!