• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Order Unsubsidized iPhone 3GS By Hacking Apple Online Store & Get it Delivered
    This is a great news for all people who'd like to have an unsubsidized iPhone 3GS. Now there's no need to go to Apple stores and get in the queue to get one - as you can get it directly from Apple's Online store, delivered at your doorstep on June 19th!

    To get it, you must follow the little trick below. It has been confirmed to work by an Apple rep.
    1. Install Firebug extension for firefox.
    2. Open any Non-apple product page on Apple store, for eg the Mophie Juice pack.
    3. Click on the little bug in bottom bar and then select Inspect.
    4. Click on Add To Cart button.
    5. Replace the prduct code (TV943VC/A in the above example) with one of the below for the desired product.
      • iPhone 3G 8GB ($499): MB046LL/A
      • iPhone 3GS 16GB Black ($599): MB715LL/A
      • iPhone 3GS 16GB White ($599): MB716LL/A
      • iPhone 3GS 32GB Black ($699): MB717LL/A
      • iPhone 3GS 32GB White ($699): MB718LL/A
    6. Finally, click the "Add To Cart" button again and the phone will be added without an AT&T contract.

    All the credit for this find goes to the administrator at iTalkiPhone.com

    P.S. The phone will be unsubsidized, NOT unlocked!

    Thanks to yifanlu!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Order Unsubsidized iPhone 3GS By Hacking Apple Online Store & Get it Delivered started by sayam View original post
    Comments 375 Comments
    1. JayBern's Avatar
      JayBern -
      Believe it or not I just tried it, lol for fun. Couldn't get to a working cart page after editing and clicking "Add to cart". Lol.
    1. CaptainChaos's Avatar
      CaptainChaos -
      A rep from AT&T told me that they will be offered by AT&T with Non-commitment prices as well. Then again this was coming from the same rep that didn't quite understand at first the difference between the 3G and the 3GS heh.
    1. lild7hina's Avatar
      lild7hina -
      i tried this... worked but dont think i'll do it gonna get it unsubsized since my contract expired today
    1. smittyjf's Avatar
      smittyjf -
      Am I missing something!
      199.00 + 26.00 activation + 200.00 ETF is still cheaper

      Smitty
    1. Je5's Avatar
      Je5 -
      Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
      Am I missing something!
      199.00 + 26.00 activation + 200.00 ETF is still cheaper

      Smitty
      Yeah then you have to return the equipment so no that way doesnt work....
    1. lild7hina's Avatar
      lild7hina -
      also first month of service?

      Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
      Am I missing something!
      199.00 + 26.00 activation + 200.00 ETF is still cheaper

      Smitty
    1. killquest187's Avatar
      killquest187 -
      I Just Recently Signed Up With AT&T On April 4th. On June 10th I Went On Apple's Website And Purchased A 32gb 3Gs For My Line And Later That Day Purchased A 16gb 3Gs For My Wife's Line And The Apple Confirmation Said Both Will Be Delivered On June 19th To My Address And The Email Sent To Me Confirmed The Same Delivery Date Of June 19th. I Didn't Have To Do Anything Special. Oh And I Paid $499.99 For The 32gb And $399.99 For The 16gb. Believe Me I've Called Apple At Least A 100 Times Since I Ordered Them And They Say It Will Be Delivered By The Specified Date.
    1. jdm.accord's Avatar
      jdm.accord -
      Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
      How many of the six figures are to the left of the decimal?
      Did you sign up just to post that?

      I really don't care who believes me.

      Got the confirmation email from Apple a few minutes ago. Hopefully Apple doesn't catch this before it ships lol.

      I'll have a hard time not keeping one, especially since I can likely sell my 3G for around $400 on eBay anyway. That's a good "subsidizer" right there lol.
    1. ktula's Avatar
      ktula -
      Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
      Yeah then you have to return the equipment so no that way doesnt work....
      Not if you keep it past the 30-day no ETF (early termination fee) period. I talked to an AT&T rep and i was told that if the contract is terminated past the 30-day period, then you just pay the $175 ETF and you can keep the iPhone.

      So we are talking about $199 + $36 activation fee + $70 monthly rate + $175 ETF, which is still cheaper than getting an unsubsidized iPhone. If the unsubsidized iPhone does not require activation and is not locked to any network, then i can see the advantage of paying more for it. But no one has a clue right now if that is the case.
    1. mikerlx's Avatar
      mikerlx -
      The iphone 3gs will sell on ebay $1000-1500 if not 2000 by the day after Thanksgiving on ebay. Look at past products Ticle me Elmo, SleepNSnore Ernie, PS3, Xbox 360 all hit the $1000-2000 buck price mark. The Little Big Planet PS3 game was pulled of the shelves and briefly sold on ebay for $1500 so don't tell me the 3GS isn't gonna go for $1000 bucks on June 19th on ebay. Its got the features our jailbroken phones have natively. Its gonna be a huge media event!
    1. ifonemaniac's Avatar
      ifonemaniac -
      im having a fun time watching ppl talk about how they are or aren't going to make hand over fist-fulls of cash selling these new phones...haha
    1. elnekis's Avatar
      elnekis -
      I just pre ordered mine!! I hope the order doesn't get cancelled
    1. edssti's Avatar
      edssti -
      Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
      Not if you keep it past the 30-day no ETF (early termination fee) period. I talked to an AT&T rep and i was told that if the contract is terminated past the 30-day period, then you just pay the $175 ETF and you can keep the iPhone.

      So we are talking about $199 + $36 activation fee + $70 monthly rate + $175 ETF, which is still cheaper than getting an unsubsidized iPhone. If the unsubsidized iPhone does not require activation and is not locked to any network, then i can see the advantage of paying more for it. But no one has a clue right now if that is the case.
      I'm trying to figure out which way works best, if anything it's about $100 less going this way if you want to go through all the work. I currently have a 3g iphone, but don't want to extend my contract. I may just buy another one, swap sim cards and after a month, cancel and pay the ETF, $299 (32gb)+ $36 activation +69.99 (first month) + $200 ETF = 604.99

      32gb = $699

      Worth the troubl to save about $95??
    1. CZroe's Avatar
      CZroe -
      Why are so many people giving excuses for why someone would want to do this vs. walking into an Apple Store and yet no one has hit the primary one? The vast majority of the would does not live within easy driving distance of an Apple Store. I lived metro Atlanta when the iPhone 3G launched and I had to drive 40 miles to a corporate AT&T store and 60 miles to an Apple Store (Atlanta is top-heavy). When I visited family in West Virginia that summer, I was surprised to see that they had an AT&T store selling iPhone 3G phones at the closest Wal-Mart. My specific town in GA (Newnan) has a corporate AT&T store now, but how many others do not? Most.
    1. captainmccool's Avatar
      captainmccool -
      I guess I have such a hard time getting excited because the 3g took months to unlock and I feel this one will take even longer. As a contractually obligated t-mobile person (by choice) I just can't get interested in this phone until I know it'll be unlocked. Even then I'll probably wait for a contract free refurb. That's how i got my 16gb 2g iPhone for $350 bucks (bought an 8gb too for $250 but sold it for $400). The resale for these things is inarguably fantastic.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      ^ I agree. The best time to buy iPhones is right now tho. There are a lot of people who sell their stuff for cheap because they think it won't be worth much after the new iPhone hits.
    1. latinodancer15's Avatar
      latinodancer15 -
      Quote Originally Posted by edssti View Post
      I'm trying to figure out which way works best, if anything it's about $100 less going this way if you want to go through all the work. I currently have a 3g iphone, but don't want to extend my contract. I may just buy another one, swap sim cards and after a month, cancel and pay the ETF, $299 (32gb)+ $36 activation +69.99 (first month) + $200 ETF = 604.99

      32gb = $699

      Worth the troubl to save about $95??

      What plan are you guys getting for $69.99?

      If there is a $95 difference, I'll definitely go through the whole ETF routine. I mean, it's not that hard. You just have to wait a month. Right?
    1. doomman's Avatar
      doomman -
      almost went through, but still couldnt justify the price over my 3g. If im going to be paying that much I will wait till the "new" craze blows over a bit and some solid reviews come in. I can see the software features being enabled later by tweaks for the original 3g users, just how the tethering was unlocked in the beta firmware. Extra space and a compass just cant make me pull my shopping trigger finger.
    1. thecork's Avatar
      thecork -
      Quote Originally Posted by doomman View Post
      almost went through, but still couldnt justify the price over my 3g. If im going to be paying that much I will wait till the "new" craze blows over a bit and some solid reviews come in. I can see the software features being enabled later by tweaks for the original 3g users, just how the tethering was unlocked in the beta firmware. Extra space and a compass just cant make me pull my shopping trigger finger.
      I'm no expert on the make-ups of the firmware, i dont claim to be but here are my thoughts on this.

      There are seperate versions of each firmware release for the now 3 different models. Tethering and MMS were unlocked in the betas because officially there are meant to be there for the 3G. Video and Voice Control (the two new features) are not meant to be on the 3G iphone so why would apple put the code in the 3G's firmware, just so it can be hacked out again...? I may be completely wrong on this, but it seems stupid on their part if they do. Maybe someone will be clever enough to hack the 3GS firmware to run on the 3G or hack out the apps, i dont know. I doubt the firmware will work down to the different hardware levels, but again i dont know...

      Overall though i think relying on getting the 3GS features hacked into the 3G is a long shot...you may have to wait for Jailbroken apps like Cycorder to be 3.0 compatible.
    1. mikerlx's Avatar
      mikerlx -
      Well, my question is this. Do we have a 3.0 Unlock and Jailbreak?