• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone Nano for Macworld?


    Do you think there is an iPhone Nano on its way? At least one company does. After last week's "leak" of supposed cases for the iPhone Nano the case maker XSKN has taken everything even further putting up an entire section on their site devoted to case options for your iPhone Nano.

    With the timing of this page going up it's only natural to speculate that there could be an iPhone Nano being announced at Macwold coming up in only two weeks. While XSKN has a history of having some solid insider info in the past with the iPhone 3g as Gizmodo points out, one has to question if there is really going to be an iPhone Nano announced at Macworld.

    The iPhone Nano rumor seems to pop up about every sixth months with the most recent significant one being convincing pictures of the Nano's screen back in June. Steve Jobs isn't speaking during the Keynote at Macworld this year. Would the Jobs really allow someone else announce a new line of his beloved iPhone? The AppStore already has thousands of apps. These apps wouldn't work on an iPhone Nano unless it had the exact same resolution which is unlikely with a smaller screen. Could a iPhone Nano be a viable product without the AppStore? On the other hand it will reportedly be the last Macworld Apple attends. Maybe they want to go out with a bang.

    iPhone Nano? I like polls take ours above
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone Nano for Macworld? started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 70 Comments
    1. crimsondynamo329's Avatar
      crimsondynamo329 -
      Couldn't those screens be for one of the 14,345,211 iPhone ripoffs? Maybe the manufacturer is doing it for attention? I don't know...
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Personally....I could care less whether it comes out or not. If it comes out Im sure there will be a ton of people wanting it. Personally, ATM I would not.
    1. enjoimike69's Avatar
      enjoimike69 -
      a iphone nano i think would be stupid
    1. ihawk0789's Avatar
      ihawk0789 -
      i have a 2 inch papercraft iphone made of paper does that count as an iphone nano
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      One of the main reason i like the Iphone is because of its size.
    1. cjgonzales1900's Avatar
      cjgonzales1900 -
      the only thing that i think is coming is the iphone 3G in different colors to sell more, i mean we went from aluminum to black and white, so why not come out with some more colors? And if they do lower the Gigs in an iphone to 4 it might sell more, mainly because there are a lot of people who dont use there iphone for music or movies, just apps, but then again apple wont do that because it will still cost almost the same to make a 4GB iphone as it does to make a 8GB iphone, make sense?

      UPDATE:
      An iphone nano is lame, first of if you wanted a smaller ipod or anything get a ipod nano they are great, but dont ruin the best phone out there, the 3G, Its like giving you a new chevy 4 door then saying, but would you like this new Cobalt? Hell no is what i would say the iphone 3G is perfect for its size not to big, not much bigger than a blackberry curve.
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      I don't see the need...other than $$$$/Apple
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      Quote Originally Posted by Farrizx View Post


      I just found this, possibly screenshot? That would be cool, i would so get a green one
      looks like a stack of coloured 3G's
    1. exekias's Avatar
      exekias -
      look all businesses offer a simplified product range for those who dont want the "full" package and a smaller simplified iphone sounds just like an apple tactic, i mean a large portion of ppl will look at the iphone and wont want it due to all its features that they wud deem unnessary for their use so a simplified version would pander to their needs

      i presume that it will b realesed in like a 4gb and 8gb edition with just the basics, and it wont have anythin to do with the app store, it may not even have wifi....but i think it will.

      i beleve the nano edition will lack 3g, run on edge, and contain the basics that the first iphone had. safari, calender,music, contacts,phone, photos, weather, stock, def the mail app.

      but like always we jsut have to wait and see. i think they apple are capitulatin on the last corner of the phone market to get those extra customers in the this economic crisis
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by cjgonzales1900 View Post
      An iphone nano is lame, first of if you wanted a smaller ipod or anything get a ipod nano they are great, but dont ruin the best phone out there, the 3G, Its like giving you a new chevy 4 door then saying, but would you like this new Cobalt? Hell no is what i would say the iphone 3G is perfect for its size not to big, not much bigger than a blackberry curve.
      Agree! Bringing a Iphone nano will totally damage the Iphones image, and it will impact design. And i am pretty sure Apple is not the type of company that would give up on design. I mean the Current 3G Iphone is perfect, i can not see how they could improve. If they make it smaller it would look very ugly and if they make it larger, then it would also look ugly.
    1. Imahottguy's Avatar
      Imahottguy -
      • The 'budget' reasoning is malarky. iPhone 3G 8GB is only $199, that's cheap enough.
      • Think about the selling points of iPhone currently: No stylus needed, due to such a large screen. Do you believe that Apple would basically back track on design all in the name of a 'Nano'?
      • Most apps would not work with a smaller screen. Not because of s/w or h/w, but because of the size of a person's fingers!
      • Apple already EOL'd the 4GB iPhone. If you want one, craigslist or eBay are your best options. They do not bring back that which has been EOL'd...
      • Lets take into account that this is an iPhone. The 2 main components are iPod and Phone (that's kinda why it's called iPhone).
      I also heard that they might have a 1GB iPhone Shuffle coming out just in time for the holiday season in '09.
    1. BenzoHartt's Avatar
      BenzoHartt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      That might be cool... but this would make the gaming and movie watching experience much less enjoyable on a tiny screen.
      I'm with you... I don't see the point. Unless they are introducig the 4G size again and calling it nano, its completely pointless.

      Quote Originally Posted by Farrizx View Post


      I just found this, possibly screenshot? That would be cool, i would so get a green one
      WOW... This makes is almost convincing... Maybe they'll simply be offering more colors, and a smaller Memory. Just to make them more affordable and to allow access for the Go-Phone Customers. Can you say $99? So the rumor finds a way to resurface....
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      And I don't see the iPhones going cheaper than $199
    1. zoolander369's Avatar
      zoolander369 -
      Yeah. If it were cheaper than $199, it wouldn't be an apple product
    1. auburnguy32's Avatar
      auburnguy32 -
      I don't see why everyone is assuming it will have a touchscreen, they could easily make a flip phone or something of the sort with a click wheel and # keys. throw in the fact that you can sync it w/ itunes and BAM! iphone nano. A lot of teenage girls would definitely cry and beg their daddies to get them the new "tiny" pink iphone nano and with a cheaper price tag and service fees. sounds reasonable to me.
    1. Sullivan0930's Avatar
      Sullivan0930 -
      iphone flip phone?
    1. nrowensby's Avatar
      nrowensby -
      Quote Originally Posted by exekias View Post
      i beleve the nano edition will lack 3g, run on edge, and contain the basics...
      ...like MMS?
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
      I don't see why everyone is assuming it will have a touchscreen, they could easily make a flip phone or something of the sort with a click wheel and # keys. throw in the fact that you can sync it w/ itunes and BAM! iphone nano. A lot of teenage girls would definitely cry and beg their daddies to get them the new "tiny" pink iphone nano and with a cheaper price tag and service fees. sounds reasonable to me.
      I don't think apple will screw the iPhones image for sake of teenage girls. And a flip phone are you seriouse?
    1. nerder's Avatar
      nerder -
      Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
      I don't think apple will screw the iPhones image for sake of teenage girls. And a flip phone are you seriouse?
      Yeah true. Apple is a design solid industry part of their work is to keep design to as original to the max! And specially the iphone
    1. AKA_Ben's Avatar
      AKA_Ben -
      I definatly think the iPhone Nano is around the corner and at a tempting price-point like $99 Apple would be sucking up a HUGE portion of the dumbphone market.

      That being said, iPhone Nano will probably be a limited experience with a proprietary, tweaked version of the 3G's firmware. Also, I'd expect a SureType-esque keyboard for portrait imput.