• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • OpenTTD - Transport Tycoon Deluxe on your iPhone / iPod Touch


    ZodTTD, author of the PSX and GBA emulators for the iPhone and iPod Touch, has released another incredible app, this one a port of the classic game Transport Tycoon Deluxe, via an OpenTTD port.

    The game is now available via Installer on the MMi Community Source, weighing in at a whopping 5.1 MB download.

    Feature’s include:

    - Classic tycoon simulation gameplay!

    - 38 different languages supported!

    - Internet Multiplayer games on the iPhone and iPod Touch!

    - A nearly 100% accurate port. Only things missing from the PC version are text input, sound, and music which will be implemented into my adaptation of the SDL port in coming releases.

    - Multi-touch support for right clicking and positioning/clicking the cursor.

    Discuss.

    The game comes with American and UK English installed. If you need other languages, there are 38 of them in the language file here, which you can install if you'd like. We chose not to include them all due to pure bandwidth.

    Visit ZodTTD's site and donate to get early beta access to his releases before they're made public.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: OpenTTD - Transport Tycoon Deluxe on your iPhone / iPod Touch started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 53 Comments
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Awesome! Now they need to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon port
    1. IcBlUsCrN's Avatar
      IcBlUsCrN -
      Well i did the download off the installer fine but it crashed to desktop during the install process, no signs of it so rebooted the phone , i see the shortcut but it tries to open then crashes to desktop, It still appears in the installer and it does not appear in the uninstall options.
      I guess i better figure out how to ssh into the phone to get rid of the shortcut icon.

      For info i have an OTB 1.1.2 phone.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by IcBlUsCrN View Post
      Well i did the download off the installer fine but it crashed to desktop during the install process, no signs of it so rebooted the phone , i see the shortcut but it tries to open then crashes to desktop, It still appears in the installer and it does not appear in the uninstall options.
      I guess i better figure out how to ssh into the phone to get rid of the shortcut icon.

      For info i have an OTB 1.1.2 phone.
      This is almost 8 MB unzipped. If you are running low on space, what you described will happen. You need to uninstall, install BigBoss's Tool or by some way move your Applications folder to your Media partition, and reinstall.
    1. fmg00's Avatar
      fmg00 -
      nice!! now im just waiting for a Civilization port...
    1. IcBlUsCrN's Avatar
      IcBlUsCrN -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      This is almost 8 MB unzipped. If you are running low on space, what you described will happen. You need to uninstall, install BigBoss's Tool or by some way move your Applications folder to your Media partition, and reinstall.
      Thats what i did read in the past, so i checked it and i have a little less then half of the apps folder empty.

      I guess i can run "fix disk space" from hack the iphone to see if it helps,


      Edit: I guess you where right Pf , it is a space issue , i unistalled showtime unlimited and one of the bigger summerboard themes and it installed fine
    1. mofolo's Avatar
      mofolo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Awesome! Now they need to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon port
      I second that!
      Awesome, Maybe ZodTTD is the best!
    1. DVB+'s Avatar
      DVB+ -
      nice...
    1. Chinpokimon's Avatar
      Chinpokimon -
      Nice one of my fav games now i can play wherever i go
    1. HGI's Avatar
      HGI -
      it's alright, didnt really like it though
    1. Tomer's Avatar
      Tomer -
      damnnnnn
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by IcBlUsCrN View Post
      Edit: I guess you where right Pf , it is a space issue , i unistalled showtime unlimited and one of the bigger summerboard themes and it installed fine
      Glad to see you got it sorted.
    1. zodttd's Avatar
      zodttd -
      I really like this game, but the author of this one is a bit annoying.
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Awesome! Now they need to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon port
      Now that would be just absolutely amazing to have. I love Rollercoaster Tycoon 2!!
    1. agentfubu's Avatar
      agentfubu -
      Quote Originally Posted by zodttd View Post
      I really like this game, but the author of this one is a bit annoying.
      He keeps making these stupid awesome games for the iPhone. If he doesn't stop I might have to download them all . What a waste of space .


      Great job man, keep up the good work.
    1. asma123's Avatar
      asma123 -
      I don't quite like the way that the touch is and overall, this game is not that great I think but it was good effort. I think that probably sims would be an awesome game for the iphone/itouch
    1. CabooseLoL's Avatar
      CabooseLoL -
      omg clasic RCT would be amazing.. Even more amazing would be RCT with the loopy landscapes expantion! One of the best games ever, brings back alot of memories of the good ol' days. xD
    1. deadwilder's Avatar
      deadwilder -
      Agreed!
    1. andrewtzn's Avatar
      andrewtzn -
      if i use other lang. such as chinese traditional, all the words become: ??????
      Wat's happening??
    1. budm's Avatar
      budm -
      Awesome this is a great game Perfect for touch and iphone now we can do some real damage
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewtzn View Post
      if i use other lang. such as chinese traditional, all the words become: ??????
      Wat's happening??
      Do you have that language installed?