• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPod Docks Arrive at Japanese Burger King



    It's a cool idea - and one that, before long, could become a widespread phenomenon at fast food establishments around the world. But don't hold your breath. While the concept of an iPod dock in your booth at a dine-in restaurant is intriguing and possibly a sound reason to actually patronize fast food a little more regularly, for now, Asia is the only place to find these particular eye-catching "musical showers."

    Here's how it works. A dome-shaped, half-cone hangs directly above your head at a table or booth at a fast food restaurant. Accompanied by an iPod dock at your table, patrons can get a beat to go with their burger as they jam out beneath the cone that, supposedly, enables one to listen to their music while eating and not disturbing anyone else - you know, people in adjacent booths under their own musical shower.



    Unfortunately, you shouldn't expect to see an iPod dock at your nearest fast food eatery anytime soon. For now, Burger King is tinkering with the novel set-up at only a few select locations around Tokyo. The fast food giant is taking a wait and see approach with the popularity of this dine-in feature for the time being. If it sticks, expect the concept to expand across Asia, possibly even at competing chains. And who knows? Maybe we will soon rock out with our Whoppers out all around the globe... you know, sort like we can do right now if we own earphones.

    Dvice
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPod Docks Arrive at Japanese Burger King started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 42 Comments
    1. soldoutluck's Avatar
      soldoutluck -
      They already have these here in Dallas at a place called orange cup yogurt, some yup spot, but it's a tight idea!
    1. wannabprogramma's Avatar
      wannabprogramma -
      they have a "dome" like that at the New Orleans Aquarium....it works amazingly...i was just walking around and I saw a puppet show on a tv...so of course i walked over...and I thought it would be just visual but as I walked all of a sudden I heard a bunch of sound for a sec and then nothing and that exact dome-y thing was hanging so that one kid could watch the puppet show (which was quite enjoyable" with out disturbing the adults doing more important things....like looking at fish...
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Oook. Perhaps McDonalds should have Wii councils... That way people won't look like the cartoon characters on WALE. ;-b
    1. MikePA's Avatar
      MikePA -
      It's sad how many people are impressed by technology that's 50 years old.

    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
      i own a restaurant. I would love to do this, but its prob sooo $
      I tell you, if you do this for the first time in US, you are going to have your money back real fast. Try it and you will see. Plus you are going to be in the news for sure, thats free promotion for your place. If you do it Ill be taking a flight to there just to see it. You are goint to have a lot of turists visiting your place too. Plus everybody can have a romantic personal dinner with romantic music, hardcore dinner for rockers, hispanic music dinner for hispanics and more.

      Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
      It's sad how many people are impressed by technology that's 50 years old.

      I remember that...
    1. soldoutluck's Avatar
      soldoutluck -
      Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
      I tell you, if you do this for the first time in US, you are going to have your money back real fast. Try it and you will see. Plus you are going to be in the news for sure, thats free promotion for your place. If you do it Ill be taking a flight to there just to see it. You are goint to have a lot of turists visiting your place too. Plus everybody can have a romantic personal dinner with romantic music, hardcore dinner for rockers, hispanic music dinner for hispanics and more.



      I remember that...
      Did u read any otherposts, it's already availible in texas, if u wanna fly somewhere go to the place that had it first
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
      Did u read any otherposts, it's already availible in texas, if u wanna fly somewhere go to the place that had it first
      Ill be there next week, Im going to Six Flags Over Texas ... I just have to drive 10 hours
    1. CMOSlabs's Avatar
      CMOSlabs -
      Darn, Im kinda a Taco Bell kinda guy I guess you could plug in your headset and crank it up. Get a quickie charge too.
    1. therandy's Avatar
      therandy -
      Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
      I would love to dock my expensive ipod/phone in a dock that is covered in fry-grease and ketchup!

      Cool idea but I can just see kids getting their greasy grimey hands all over this thing here in the states where parents can't discipline worth a crap! LOL.
      I couldn't agree more...people are to scared to discipline now! That's why the kids here in the states are so ****** up! I got beat (disciplined) when I was a kid and I beat (discipline) my son now. I was raised right and my son will be as well...my kid even says to me on occasions, "dad what's wrong with that kid" when the little monster is running through the local grocery market screeming for ice scream. All that little monster needs is a good ol' fashion *** woopin and problem solved...but I don't blame the little monsters, I blame the parents and the damn govt for giving kids to many damn rights. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNTIL YOU PAY TAXES IN MY MIND...and one I heard as a kid "you live in my house you follow my rules" that still goes for me!

      On topic: sounds ok of an idea, just don't think it would get more people to eat out...PLUS, do we really need anything else to get fat *** Americans in a fast food joint! We need to get them the hell out!

      Quote Originally Posted by scooby4 View Post
      I kno if dey put sum from wer i b theyr gunna jackdem
      What the hell did you just say?
    1. ecd5000's Avatar
      ecd5000 -
      thats cool. the only problem i see with this is people forgetting them afterwards.
    1. ej3ffrey's Avatar
      ej3ffrey -
      ya, just like someone else said... they have these at orange cup. i go there to study all the time and listen to my own tunes. great idea!
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
      I couldn't agree more...people are to scared to discipline now! That's why the kids here in the states are so ****** up! I got beat (disciplined) when I was a kid and I beat (discipline) my son now. I was raised right and my son will be as well...my kid even says to me on occasions, "dad what's wrong with that kid" when the little monster is running through the local grocery market screeming for ice scream. All that little monster needs is a good ol' fashion *** woopin and problem solved...but I don't blame the little monsters, I blame the parents and the damn govt for giving kids to many damn rights. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNTIL YOU PAY TAXES IN MY MIND...and one I heard as a kid "you live in my house you follow my rules" that still goes for me!

      On topic: sounds ok of an idea, just don't think it would get more people to eat out...PLUS, do we really need anything else to get fat *** Americans in a fast food joint! We need to get them the hell out!



      What the hell did you just say?
      LMAO. I thought I was the only one on this forum that was confused... Lol. Now I can close my thesourus... Lmao
    1. Mjolnir1134's Avatar
      Mjolnir1134 -
      Pretty neat that they have those things in Asia.

      However, if that stuff was in American fast food diners, those docks would be vandalized, greased up, and used as a makeshift ketchup cup in the first couple of days.
    1. awesomeSlayer's Avatar
      awesomeSlayer -
      Awesome! But, I don't want to kill my iPod touch with grease!

      Japan basically gets everything!
    1. jason_wehrwein's Avatar
      jason_wehrwein -
      This is defiantly cool, but the grease...here in the US the BK workers are too lazy to make sure the dock was clean. It would be nasty.
    1. SoCal Railroader's Avatar
      SoCal Railroader -
      It's the Cone of Silence!

    1. zoso10's Avatar
      zoso10 -
      ^ that's exactly what I was thinking haha
    1. tamaysz's Avatar
      tamaysz -
      Great idea, but in most cities I could easily see these turn into dirty greased up targets for vandalism.
    1. ErikiPhone's Avatar
      ErikiPhone -
      The idea is nice, but not for fast food area- may be a coffee shop, so you could have a date, creating your own atmosphere, or even in a restaurant… but not a run through - you don't come to fast-food to enjoy something, but to save time.
    1. SoCal Railroader's Avatar
      SoCal Railroader -
      Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post
      you don't come to fast-food to enjoy something, but to save time.
      I beg to differ, esepcially when that place is In-N-Out, Carl's Jr or Wendy's Even Mickey Dees and Burger King have some good stuff, though not as good as the three I mentioned earlier