• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • New iPod Touch 64GB for $399


    Need STORAGE? Apple knows many of us do and have upped the iPod Touch to freaking 64GB. Avaialble for purchase once the store goes back live the new iPod Touch comes in 8GB, 32GB, and 64GB for $199, $299, and $399 respectively. Forget about purchasing the 8GB, because it's crap filled bad value for the money. The $299 32GB and $399 64GB versions will be 50% faster, and run OpenGL ES 2.0 - like the iPhone 3G[S].

    You can grab the models right now via the apple store.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New iPod Touch 64GB for $399 started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      I think I speak for everyone when I say: "Where the F*ck is the camera???"
    1. mkblade's Avatar
      mkblade -
      Im guessing the end of the rumor for the so called video recording...as I dont see anything within that image...unless otherwise!
    1. s4mb4's Avatar
      s4mb4 -
      did they state at the event that the 8GB is a different platform than the 32 and 64 models?
    1. 1shuttle1's Avatar
      1shuttle1 -
      is the memory totally different then it was in the ipod classic. How come it cost so much for these memory upgrades. 100 dollar every time it doubles. Plus they were already up to 160 GB with ipods. Why is such a big deal that they can give us finally 64 GB. Its like whenever they come out with a new device we have to start over with the whole memory thing back at 4 or 8 GB models why. The technology is already there. I have never understood this or how everyone just accepts it. Memory prices seem to lower everywhere but in apples products.
    1. s4mb4's Avatar
      s4mb4 -
      its a good point. the nano should be sporting 64GB by now....
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
      is the memory totally different then it was in the ipod classic. How come it cost so much for these memory upgrades. 100 dollar every time it doubles. Plus they were already up to 160 GB with ipods. Why is such a big deal that they can give us finally 64 GB. Its like whenever they come out with a new device we have to start over with the whole memory thing back at 4 or 8 GB models why. The technology is already there. I have never understood this or how everyone just accepts it. Memory prices seem to lower everywhere but in apples products.

      ipod classic uses a hard disk - aka cheap memory

      ipod touch and nano use flash memory which is more expensive


      @s4mb4: they are all the same inside, except for the memory capacities
    1. 1shuttle1's Avatar
      1shuttle1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
      ipod classic uses a hard disk - aka cheap memory

      ipod touch and nano use flash memory which is more expensive


      @s4mb4: they are all the same inside, except for the memory capacities
      thank you
    1. s4mb4's Avatar
      s4mb4 -
      then why is cash7c3 saying the 8GB is not a 3gs inside like the 32 and 64 models???
    1. tudtran's Avatar
      tudtran -
      I would buy one if it got a camera. But it's look like am gonna upgrade my ipod nano.
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
      then why is cash7c3 saying the 8GB is not a 3gs inside like the 32 and 64 models???
      oh lol i guess the 8gb version is crap. i guess i missed that lol

      dont get the 8gb version!
    1. reveritt90's Avatar
      reveritt90 -
      ...so the cheapest most affordable iPod (i can't count the shuffle) gets a camera and the top end one doesnt...
    1. JAE's Avatar
      JAE -
      No cam? that blows...
    1. Large Professor's Avatar
      Large Professor -
      Are you guys really surprised? An iPod Touch already features the same software as an iPhone, the 32 and 64 GB models share the 3G[s]'s performance advantages - a cam would further blur the lines, and could potentially drive DOWN the iPhone sales. Apple is waaaaay to smart for that.

      Hell, if Apple included a camera, I could so me selling my 3G[s] and buying a 32 GB Touch and a Verizon mifi device.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Lame
    1. southfrisco's Avatar
      southfrisco -
      How underwhelming. Makes you wonder what Apple will do with the next iPhone, 64GB and that's it?

      I was going to consider a touch this year for my games and more storage but I think I will pass. Don't really care for the camera but these incremental updates are not inspiring me to buy more devices.
    1. one1's Avatar
      one1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
      I think I speak for everyone when I say: "Where the F*ck is the camera???"
      Attached to an iphone, where it's going to stay. Apple knows better than to make them that close together.
    1. Myque's Avatar
      Myque -
      Is this going to be called 3rd gen?
    1. one1's Avatar
      one1 -
      This means 64gb iphones in June. WOOT!
    1. mdc929's Avatar
      mdc929 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
      I think I speak for everyone when I say: "Where the F*ck is the camera???"
      epic fail
      IPOD NANO??
      really?
      ipod nano?
    1. soto806's Avatar
      soto806 -
      I feel out-of-date o_0