• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone Can't Sync with Win 7 PCs Using P55 Express?


    Reports that users are unable to sync their iPhones on Windows 7 computers that use motherboards with Intel's P55 Express southbridge emerged six weeks ago. Now, a story in The Register indicates that Intel and Microsoft are looking into the problem, but Apple remains silent.

    Users have reported that when they try to sync using iTunes 9 for Windows on PCs equipped with the P55 "chipset" (actually an integrated controller hub on a single chip), they get the above “error 0xE8000065″ message, which The Register identifies as an “iPhone-connection failure notification.” The problem occurs consistently with iPhones directly connected to onboard USB ports or connected hubs, though some users have reported success connecting to USB ports on PCI cards. However, other users have reported "blue-screen" crashes when attempting to use expansion cards.

    The issue seems to be generally with Windows 7 systems, but there have been sporadic reports of computers with the P55 controller running 64-bit Vista also failing to sync. The problem has been reported on motherboards manufactured by Micro-Star International (MSI), Gigabyte, and Asustek.

    Microsoft was contacted by The Register for its story, and provided the following statement:
    Microsoft has not seen this particular question posed in the Microsoft Answers for Windows 7 community forum, nor in any of our call centers. We reviewed the issue raised on the Apple Discussion Board and are currently investigating. If we determine this to be a problem specific to Windows 7, we will post an update on the Microsoft Answers site.
    Apple has not responded to the issue raised on its own discussion board, though one ModMyi user was able to resolve the problem by enabling C-state mode in BIOS as a poster on the Support forums suggested. Other workarounds include disabling Bonjour or deleting the iPodDevices.xml file.

    The kicker: 27-inch iMac models sporting Intel's Core i5 processors are expected later this month, with Core i7 iMacs to follow in January - and those computers may very well be using P55 Express. So chances are Apple is on this, just in their typical non-communicative manner.

    image via Apple Support forums
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone Can't Sync with Win 7 PCs Using P55 Express? started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      It was directed at anyone who fails to follow the rules, which include:

      1. No profanity.

      2. No insulting other members.

      Now....if you care to argue...I can just stop being nice and hand out infractions.
      I'm not trying to put words in anyones mouth but...no infractions necessary, all us kids can play nice
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
      Did you not read the post two posts above yours?
      I did read it. It was where one member decided that I didnt deserve any respect for asking you guys not to insult other members because I quoted an Apple commercial in the first 5 comments of this thread, and then the 3 who have been insulting everyone thanked him. Yeah I saw it, but it didnt bother me because I took into account who it was coming from.
    1. thevmax's Avatar
      thevmax -
      I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and don't have any problems with Sync.
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
      Xwinger,
      1) you don't know that
      2) How do we know that your not just describing yourself
      3) I know people with great lives (with great girls) who i would of never guessed that they know so much about computers/games.
      4) Just because someone beat you on the internet, doesn't automatically make them a nerd/loser.
      5) If i had to choose on being a smart, knowledgeable person, or a person that had no idea on what he was talking about, guess which one i would pick.
      6) Girls will always go after the alpha male. Guess where smart people are.
      7) Don't stereotype other people. Doing this makes you look like a major douche

      And we should really quit talking about this and get back on topic. Personal attacks will get you no where.
      Please I just came here to read news. Stop trying to hurt my feelings
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      I did read it. It was where one member decided that I didnt deserve any respect for asking you guys not to insult other members because I quoted an Apple commercial in the first 5 comments of this thread, and then the 3 who have been insulting everyone thanked him. Yeah I saw it, but it didnt bother me because I took into account who it was coming from.
      So much for playing nice. Is there an unwritten rule that at 2,000+ posts you can disregard what mods/forum rules say?, or are you just that special...just a question.

      Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
      Please I just came here to read news. Stop trying to hurt my feelings
      You were the first person in this thread to drop a smart a-s-s remark, a remark by the way that showed you obviously didn't read the article, just looked at the title....yet you just came here to read news
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
      So much for playing nice. Is there an unwritten rule that at 2,000+ posts you can disregard what mods/forum rules say?, or are you just that special...just a question.
      I am The King, and I didnt say anything wrong
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
      More like you don't want to accept the fact that you were a main contributor to starting **** with everyone due to your moronic comments.
      Hmm...quoted an Apple commercial and Asked you guys not to fight
    1. creasy425's Avatar
      creasy425 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
      More like you don't want to accept the fact that you were a main contributor to starting **** with everyone due to your moronic comments.
      he's baaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkk!!
    1. buffalofloyd's Avatar
      buffalofloyd -
      Well, I am totally new to this forum and came here with the hopes of informing myself about the iphone and other things. This thread actually sparked my intrest because I am thinking of getting Windows 7 very soon.
      It is very sad and pathetic that there are about 5 posts out of 6 pages actually relating to the topic at hand. All the other posts are just ridiculous posturing and rude comments directed at other people and about which is better... Windows or Mac... your kidding me, right? Who cares? Scrolling through 6 pages to find 5 relevant posts is just stupid. This is not the only thread I have seen like this. When will we all just grow up?
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      ^ Have you also noticed it's always the same people?
      It's a sad day to see how good people are at leaving their dignity at the door to defend the pixels they click on their screen.
      This thread turned from P55 chipset to people insulting each other and their computers-
      Please, please, please grow up...
    1. Fallguy's Avatar
      Fallguy -
      There should be 3 things never discussed in these forums .
      1.) Politics
      2.) Religon
      3.) The whole Mac vs. Windows debate.
    1. qgshadow's Avatar
      qgshadow -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
      There should be 3 things never discussed in these forums .
      1.) Politics
      2.) Religon
      3.) The whole Mac vs. Windows debate.
      **** Yeah!
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
      There should be 3 things never discussed in these forums .
      1.) Politics
      2.) Religon
      3.) The whole Mac vs. Windows debate.
      New forum rules
    1. hollow0's Avatar
      hollow0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
      You idiots obviously can't read. It's an iTunes incompatibility issue with hardware that EVEN APPLE IS USING. In no way at all is Windows at fault. In fact in this case, it's the APPLE SOFTWARE at fault. Imagine that! Of course, none of you are familiar with hardware on the market because you're all willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of what the hardware costs to have a computer that makes you look "cool" (see: moron) in Starbucks.

      Anyway, no issues here, running a Gigabyte motherboard with nVidia north and south bridge. I've had Windows 7 x64 since the first open beta without a single issue whatsoever. Now running retail x64 professional and haven't had any problems at all.
      Yes, we all buy MacBooks so we can sit and starbucks and look cool... shows how narrow minded and ignorant you are. Is yourself esteem so low that because you see someone with a Macbook you think they have it to look cool? Maybe they have it because they are open minded and enjoy having multiple platforms. You douche..

      As for the the Mac Users...don't be so quick to blame Windows for everything... read the freaking topic thoroughly before you make comments. You look stupid when you're wrong..

      Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
      ^ Have you also noticed it's always the same people?
      It's a sad day to see how good people are at leaving their dignity at the door to defend the pixels they click on their screen.
      This thread turned from P55 chipset to people insulting each other and their computers-
      Please, please, please grow up...
      Exactly! It's really stupid. Sometimes i doubt any issues would get resolved here because people would spend more time calling each other fanboys and more bashing. LAME!
    1. nighthawk283's Avatar
      nighthawk283 -
      Thats a bad thing to be happening, if i had that i would be so annoyed
    1. bengo's Avatar
      bengo -
      Obvious driver issue on iTunes / iPhone side. USB is a standard, and a pretty old one at that, pretty hard to get it wrong.

      Maybe it's caused by iTunes fix trying to prevent Palm Pre from syncing
    1. masterp0606's Avatar
      masterp0606 -
      Im having a problem backing up my Iphone. I can't sync it either. I have a windows 7 with Intel core i7.

      Just an update deleting the iPodDevices.xml file let me sync and backup my Iphone .