• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • blacksn0w coming soon! Will unlock 05.11.07!



    geohot has come through once again for the iPhone community. Earlier this morning he posted a video of blacksn0w:

    blacksn0w will unlock both the 3GS and 3G iPhones running 05.11.07 to use on any gsm carrier. blacksn0w will be bundled into a new blackra1n that will be available on November 4th. So if you accidentally updated or restored to 3.1.2 and lost your unlock, you are in luck!

    And of course you can find detailed instructions here on MMi on how to do it when the new blackra1n and blacksn0w are released!

    Enjoy!

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g23e9e9zOVI]YouTube - blacksn0w[/ame]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: blacksn0w coming soon! Will unlock 05.11.07! started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 157 Comments
    1. sendertimes's Avatar
      sendertimes -
      Im the one who doesnt post alot , but I do donate to Geohots cuase. he has good talent, and deserves to be compensated for his work.
    1. Zeal's Avatar
      Zeal -
      Forever by Drake... This song doesnt match the video...
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      ultrasn0w has to figure out how to unlock 05.11.07 first


      BTW I'm headed to Best Buy to get my 1TB drive for my macbook
      WHAAAAAAAAA

      Who made it?? I am falling behind.
    1. 08lexus250's Avatar
      08lexus250 -
      wow this is SWEET... and from the video it appears there are no issues with the carrier logo gone missing.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      WHAAAAAAAAA

      Who made it?? I am falling behind.
      I'm removing it from the WD Passport
    1. lunercrab's Avatar
      lunercrab -
      That's great news for people who got stuck without an unlock. I'm curious though for me personally. I was able to upgrade to 3.1.2 with my bb still at 4.26 thanks to custom fw, but is there any particular advantage to updating the bb to the new one and just redoing my phone again with the new unlock? I really wasn't sure if the newer bb made the phones work any better?
    1. alejom84's Avatar
      alejom84 -
      finally the best final for the people who wants the 05.11.07 like me cheers geohot!!!
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      I'm removing it from the WD Passport
      Nice, Ill be doing the same then lol
    1. todesto's Avatar
      todesto -
      Quote Originally Posted by 08lexus250 View Post
      wow this is SWEET... and from the video it appears there are no issues with the carrier logo gone missing.
      Because he is unlocking regular 3.1.2 firmware.
      Only custom firmware from Pwnage Tool has a issue with carrier logo. Anyone who has regular base band that is confirmed with 3.1.2 has carrier logo showing.

      I have 2G with Custom Firmware made by Pwnage Tool and has carrier logo showing, but my 3GS does not and that is because of the baseband compatibility.
    1. Iblunt420's Avatar
      Iblunt420 -
      There is no more DEV TEAM
    1. todesto's Avatar
      todesto -
      Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
      That's great news for people who got stuck without an unlock. I'm curious though for me personally. I was able to upgrade to 3.1.2 with my bb still at 4.26 thanks to custom fw, but is there any particular advantage to updating the bb to the new one and just redoing my phone again with the new unlock? I really wasn't sure if the newer bb made the phones work any better?
      I have been asking that question in many forums including Apple.com, but got the 50/50 answer.
      Some say there is nothing new about 5.11.07 except to break UltraSn0W unlock but some says it works better with your locked carrier.
      As you can see in your setting, the NETWORK shows not available when you used custom firmware to preserve 4.26 BB with 3.1.2 and some say it is because 3.1.2 is checking the baseband and is unable to and that is why not available but it won't cause any issue. However I notice many dropped calls and call failure ever since I update to 3.1.2 (Pwnage too) and I have been wanting to update with regular 3.1.2 to see if it made any difference but since there was no unlock I was waiting.

      As soon as GeoHot get this out, I am updating.
    1. pacmac's Avatar
      pacmac -
      great..but i dont unlock any more..i dont find it usefull having a dead/useless 3G if it wont work with T-mobile..1st Gen iphone to me if i want to unlock..still have it with t-mobile..EDGE sucks big time..
    1. M4tt Dam0n's Avatar
      M4tt Dam0n -
      Quote Originally Posted by todesto View Post
      I have been asking that question in many forums including Apple.com, but got the 50/50 answer.
      Some say there is nothing new about 5.11.07 except to break UltraSn0W unlock but some says it works better with your locked carrier.
      As you can see in your setting, the NETWORK shows not available when you used custom firmware to preserve 4.26 BB with 3.1.2 and some say it is because 3.1.2 is checking the baseband and is unable to and that is why not available but it won't cause any issue. However I notice many dropped calls and call failure ever since I update to 3.1.2 (Pwnage too) and I have been wanting to update with regular 3.1.2 to see if it made any difference but since there was no unlock I was waiting.

      As soon as GeoHot get this out, I am updating.
      Doesn't the new baseband allow for 3.5G speeds if the carrier supports it?

      Anway geohot is the f-ing man! God he is unsoppable it's like he'll figure out anything and in a matter of days. He's a genius and he is dedicated. Everyone should donate.

      The dev team lovers said there wouldn't be an unlock anytime soon. Well I can say one thing: OWNED. Not because the dev te can't do it that someone else can't. Geohot is the best anyway. Fk the "unlock train" lol.
    1. meth2976's Avatar
      meth2976 -
      Will this work with cydia or do you have to get Blackra1n? Thanks for the hard work!!!!!! Been waiting for a long time for someone to unlock the 5.11.07 baseband.
    1. marko911's Avatar
      marko911 -
      QUESTION - I have a iphone 3g 8gb i was running 3.0 jailbroken and unlocked rite, by accident my girlfriend was on itunes and my phone was pluged in and she gets a upgrade ur itunes/iphone message and ofcourse she goes and upgrade both so my phone gets locked and now running on 5.11.07 3.2.1 . I've tryed using blackra1n RC1 and RC2 and no luck i've tryed it like 100 times and almost cost my relationship lol( i know ) is now when i get the screan on iphone to put a at&t sim card if i do and get it activated will i be able to get the springboard and try Blackra1n RC2 to get it jailbroken or showld i wait for Blacksn0w ? Plz guys i really need help thank you to all the hard working iphone hackers and geohot.

      " IPHONE IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD ONE HUMAN @ A TIME "
    1. realjaja's Avatar
      realjaja -
      Come on guys..... Dev team and geo are all great. They all have the same goal.... To make the apple products 'more accessible'.

      I knew someone was going to announce something on Halloween!!!!

      Thanks Geo!!!

      (now I can finally use my 3gs!!)
    1. iRockish's Avatar
      iRockish -
      dev-team is slackkin lol

      thank you GEOHOT!!
    1. lilskaterpunk's Avatar
      lilskaterpunk -
      Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
      I'm removing it from the WD Passport
      Im thinking of buying a 1TB WD portable HDD sometime this week, sell the 500GB WD portable HDD. I can use the more space!!!!
      Now to find the cheapest online store... Lol
    1. marko911's Avatar
      marko911 -
      tiger direct . com try it out got good prices
    1. ravelsnip's Avatar
      ravelsnip -
      This guy the Einstien of our ERA....The entire apple and its workers have to bow before his talent. Geo*Genius*Hot!