Folks have been waiting for tethering on 3.1.x, and it's available now with the 3.1.8 release of MyWi.app. MyWi is a Rock.app application we've mentioned before, which runs $9.99 to purchase. It comes with a free trial. The nice thing about the tethering? Not only does it work on 3.1 firmware, it runs on the iPhone 2G just as smoothly as the iPhone 3G/3G[S] (of course at a slower speed, since the 2G obviously only runs EDGE).
Version 3.1.8 is now available from the Rock App.. All trials which have occurred before are being reset as well, so folks are getting a full trial regardless as of this release.
Features are the same as before, but now with 3.1.x and iPhone 2G covered as well:
- Create WiFi Hotspot to connect mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone''s internet connection
- 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
- Ability to enable USB and Bluetooth Tethering on your iPhone as well
- Uses less battery and much faster then PdaNet due to native routing
- Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) - no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
- Shows up and down bandwith usage