• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac
    PLEASE TAKE HEED OF THIS INFO FROM THE DEV TEAM:

    This release starts with PwnageTool 3.1 for Mac OS X - this application supports the iPhone 1st Generation (2G), the iPhone 3G and the iPod touch 1G. NB: THIS DOES NOT SUPPORT THE 3GS OR 2G/3G IPOD TOUCH. redsn0w for Mac OS X and Windows will follow sometime in the near future, please don’t bug us about it - we’ll release when we have something ready.
    • GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. - Stay away from Apple’s direct updates as described here and here please get up to speed on the whole subject by reading the information contained in these posts.
    • If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.1 unlock works with this PwnageTool release. iPhone 3G users upgrading to 3.1 will need to continue using ultrasn0w with a PwnageTool created 3.1 .ipsw
    • Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
    • Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
    • This app is suitable for the recent 3.1 release.
    • This version of PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
    • PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
    1. Download PWNage tool
    2. Download the original 3.1 ipsw
    3. Open PWNage tool
    4. Select your model of phone

    5. Click Next
    6. PWNage will search for the 3.1 ipsw

    7. Select the firmware and Click Next

    8. Click Yes to creat the firmware

    9. It will ask you if your phone activates through itunes. If you are hacktivating your phone select No. If you have an authorized carrier select yes.

    10. It will now begin to build the custom ipsw

    11. You will be prompted to enter your password. Enter it to continue building the ipsw.


    12. You will then be asked if you iPhone has been Pwwned before...Select No


    13. You will then be prompted to plug in your phone.

    Follow the on screen instructions....









    14. Open iTunes

    15. iTunes will detect your phone in recovery mode. Click OK.

    16. Hold the Option button on your keyboard and click Restore in iTunes

    17. Then browse to the custom ipsw you just made.

    18. Select it and press Choose.
    19. iTunes will begin to restor your iPhone with the custom ipsw


    20. When it is finished you will see this message


    From The Dev-Team:
    Update : Unlocked users on the 3G will probably notice that the name and/or logo of their carrier is missing, but they still have full bars and a signal. So far this seems to be purely a cosmetic issue and it doesn’t impact your signal or coverage. We hope to have this issue “fixed” when we release the 3GS compatible version of PwnageTool. This is very likely tied to Update #3…

    Update : As of 3.1, the *.ipcc carrier bundles are signed, and you can no longer force tethering capability simply by crafting your own bundle. The good news is this obstacle can probably be overcome by virtue of the jailbreak. But so far that extra hack is not part of the PwnageTool custom IPSW creation.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak Using Pwnage Tool on 3.1 for Mac started by Melech518 View original post
    Comments 458 Comments
    1. danno2022's Avatar
      danno2022 -
      Quote Originally Posted by flounderasu View Post
      If you're with ATT, it shows up as an update in iTunes. Otherwise, you can find a custom made one. There used to be a site that allowed you to make a carrier file to enable tethering and MMS, not sure if that still works for 3.0.1 or 3.1
      oh okay, cool, i'll just wait until it comes out officially. thanks for your help.
    1. TypeRBass's Avatar
      TypeRBass -
      Quote Originally Posted by danno2022 View Post
      oh okay, cool, i'll just wait until it comes out officially. thanks for your help.
      MMS works for me perfectly after installing 3.1 today?? The camera icon was there for me. Then again I updated the carrier settings file when I was on 3.0...Then again I'm not sure if that file stays the same even if I upgraded the FW..
    1. baycreeker's Avatar
      baycreeker -
      @airul
      take a long walk off a short pier...
      playful_cyanide just answered iguy's sarcastic hypothetical question for you if you bothered to read. it took me less time to read it than it did you to type that post.
    1. odiyan's Avatar
      odiyan -
      Is this with Custom logos or original ?

      Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
      A Few Custom FW's For Ya, who those guys without a Mac. Split Into 2 Parts.

      iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Activated-Unlocked:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

      iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Unactivated-Unlocked:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

      iPhone 3G 768mb Partition Activated:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

      iPhone 3G Non-Activated:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting


      --If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      I am in DFU mode now but i get error 1600 when trying to restore with custom firmware 3.1 and i tried to downgrade with redsn0w to 3.0 but got stuck on downloading jailbreak data (prolly cuz i need to do a 3.0 restore with itunes) do i need to downgrade itunes to restore back to 3.0? I dont know what to do stupid ActivateMMS2G!!

      EDIT Ok folks got itunes 9 to restore my iphone without the 1600 error. Just put my iphone into DFU mode and hold option and click restore. Find 3.0 and select. Plan on re-jailbreaking with 3.1 after this and i am NOT installing activatemms2G thats for sure this time. Wheeeew thanks everyone. Will update and let you know how it went.
    1. highrulez's Avatar
      highrulez -
      Quote Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
      A Few Custom FW's For Ya, who those guys without a Mac. Split Into 2 Parts.

      iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Activated-Unlocked:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

      iPhone 2G 768mb Partition Unactivated-Unlocked:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

      iPhone 3G 768mb Partition Activated:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

      iPhone 3G Non-Activated:
      Part 1 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
      Part 2 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting


      --If I Helped, Please Hit Thanks!--

      what is mean Partition Activated and Non-Activated?? Is it official unlocked or what??
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by highrulez View Post
      what is mean Partition Activated and Non-Activated?? Is it official unlocked or what??
      He is stating the size of the root partition size. Non-activated means that it will not hacktivate the phone. In other words it means you must have AT&T to use a non activated file. There is no officially unlocked files. You will need to run ultrasn0w after jailbreaking
    1. ggab's Avatar
      ggab -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      FW isnt paid for....we highly endorse jailbreaking, we offer everything to do it......we link to Apple firmware files......modified ipsw's are just fine.

      In fact there are several other threads floating around with the same thing for different versions.

      PS- The only firmware's we wont allow are paid iTouch firmwares
      I knew there was nothing wrong with it!! Screw all of you that said it was illegal!
    1. highrulez's Avatar
      highrulez -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      He is stating the size of the root partition size. Non-activated means that it will not hacktivate the phone. In other words it means you must have AT&T to use a non activated file. There is no officially unlocked files. You will need to run ultrasn0w after jailbreaking
      so im using Iphone 3g..not AT&T...So im suppose using the Activated?
    1. ElliotCross's Avatar
      ElliotCross -
      So isn't all of this moot? Jailbreak or not, what happens on the 25th when Apple releases the update for MMS to those of us who are indeed on 3.1 but don't have the option enabled? Also, anyone have the current BenM tethering settings? I've checked the site and I have what I thought was most current but it still doesn't allow me to tether.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by highrulez View Post
      so im using Iphone 3g..not AT&T...So im suppose using the Activated?
      Correct
    1. rocky1285's Avatar
      rocky1285 -
      hi iam accidentally upgraded my iphone3gs to 3.1 plzzzzzzz help to jailbreak and unlock software plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz iam suffering from 10 dayssss plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i have seen one website that is iphoneunlocking.com is it can jailbreak and unlock iphone3gs3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    1. ggab's Avatar
      ggab -
      Quote Originally Posted by rocky1285 View Post
      hi iam accidentally upgraded my iphone3gs to 3.1 plzzzzzzz help to jailbreak and unlock software plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz iam suffering from 10 dayssss plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i have seen one website that is iphoneunlocking.com is it can jailbreak and unlock iphone3gs3.1 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz replay me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      You're SOL, sorry. How do you ACCIDENTALLY upgrade? You have to agree to the terms, let alone download a 250+ MB file! You're going to be suffering a lot more than 10 days my friend.

      P.S. iphoneunlocking.com are a bunch of fake posers.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      ^Maybe the only time I agree with you

      The iphoneunlock.com and other websites are SCAMS....they will sell you fake BS software. None of which works. You most likely will never be able to unlock again.
    1. angiepangie's Avatar
      angiepangie -
      ^That's not true.. They sell you old versions of RS & PT
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      LOL, they sound like really nice people
    1. angiepangie's Avatar
      angiepangie -
      Wonderful people
    1. flounderasu's Avatar
      flounderasu -
      Quote Originally Posted by ElliotCross View Post
      So isn't all of this moot? Jailbreak or not, what happens on the 25th when Apple releases the update for MMS to those of us who are indeed on 3.1 but don't have the option enabled? Also, anyone have the current BenM tethering settings? I've checked the site and I have what I thought was most current but it still doesn't allow me to tether.

      Most likely just a carrier update file.

      Could be wrong....3.1.1 maybe...but I'm betting on a carrier update only.
    1. lofi's Avatar
      lofi -
      i'm curious, why does everyone think there's going to be a new firmware on the 25th? there's nothing at apple about it. the only thing that happens on the 25th is that at&t officially launch mms, that has nothing to do with apple nor a worldwide release of a new firmware. at&t customers should get a carrier file download message either texted to them or emailed to them but thats about it really. in reality tho, those settings are already active in 3.0 and 3.1 at&t turned everything on last week, mms has been working in most major centers for a bit now.
    1. iGuy's Avatar
      iGuy -
      Well, after 3 attempts of trying to end up with a stable version of 3.1 I've decided to go back to 3.0.

      As has been mentioned Winterboard does work yet, cycorder doesn't either - why these are included in the Pawnage Tool up-date if they aren't 3.1 compatible yet I don't know.

      Give it a few weeks and I'm sure 3.1 (or 3.1.1 by then) will offer me more of the stuff I want, but at the moment it's too early days for it all to work.