Finally, days after the release of OS 3.1, DevTeam has released the essential tools for jailbreaking it! However, The new version of PwnageTool works with iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G ONLY which is a sad news for the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G users as well as those who just bought a shiny new iPod Touch 3G...
The iPod Touch 2G users are however luckier than the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G ones as the tool for it is almost ready unlike the other two.
Here are some golden rules before you attempt using this new tool!
- GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. - Stay away from Apple’s direct updates as described here and here please get up to speed on the whole subject by reading the information contained in these posts.
- If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.1 unlock works with this PwnageTool release. 3G users will need to continue using ultrasn0w with a PwnageTool created .ipsw
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1 capable version of PwnageTool.
- This app is suitable for the recent 3.1 release.
- This version of PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
via Dev-Team Blog
Thanks to one1 for the screenie