WWDC is fun, huh? Today saw the official announcement of the iPhone 3GS.
Available June 19th, the iPhone 3GS is billed as "the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet."
Here's the key points:
- 2 sizes. 16GB in black or white, $199 | 32GB in black or white for $299.
- REQUIRES a new 2 year agreement for those prices. Upgrading AT&T users will pay $599 for the 16GB or $699 for the 32GB, even if you're replacing an iPhone 3G. (pf edit: check note below re:this price)
- Video Recording in VGA up to 30fps, with built in editing features.
- 3MP camera with auto-focus.
- Landscape Keyboard.
- Battery life on 2G and WiFi increased. 3G battery life remains the same as on the iPhone 3G.
- Audio playback increased from 24 hours per charge to 30. Video increased from 7 to 10.
photo credit to Gizmodo
EDIT: There's some chatter in the thread about AT&T actually offering iPhone upgrades at a lower price than quoted in this article. Upon checking out the AT&T website, it looks like the $349 and $299 upgrade prices are for the CURRENT iPhone 3G, NOT the 3GS - AT&T does NOT have the iPhone 3GS listed on their site yet (June 8, 11:45PM EST). HOWEVER, if you log in through Apple's website, they ARE offering existing users a lower price (see below graphic) of $399.00 for the 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white) and $499.00 for the 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white) on renewals (plus an $18 upgrade price).