Macbook Pro Disassembly
- The keyboard is now more similar to the old MacBook than the previous MacBook Pro. While the unibody case is very cool, this is going to make keyboard repair difficult (read 56 screws to replace the keyboard).
- Replacing the hard drive is significantly easier on this machine than the previous MacBook Pro.
- The interior is cleaner and flows together better than the previous Pro.
- The Montevina chipset appears to support up to 8GB ram even though Apple says 4.
- Two Nvidia chips! GeForce 9400M, which only runs 16 processor cores and 54 Gigaflops and GeForce 9600M GT, which has 32 processor cores and is capable of 120 Gigaflops.
- Airport and Bluetooth both in display assembly. Airport serviceable, bluetooth not.
- 12 percent thinner than its predecessor (0.95 in vs. 1.08 in) and 10 percent lighter (4.5 pounds vs. 5 pounds).
- There's a new Mini DisplayPort and a complete lack of a FireWire port.
- Replacing the hard drive is easy (one screw).
- Seven screws to get to RAM
- The Montevina chipset appears to support up to 8GB ram although Apple says 4
- High quality on par with the Macbook Pro.