• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Pwnage Tool 4.1 Released, Jailbreaks Apple TV


    We've been waiting a bit now for Pwnage Tool to be updated to support 4.x devices, and today's release of Pwnage Tool 4.1 finally gets us there. The main advantage of Pwnage Tool over the limera1n and greenpois0n recent jailbreaks (which actually use the same exploit) is for unlockers. Pwnage Tool's functionality of updating to a pre-jailbroken firmware preserves the baseband you were on (your cellular modem, the part of the phone actually being "unlocked") so your ultrasn0w unlock is preserved. For new 4.1 users jailbreaking for the first time, ultrasn0w does not yet support the 02.10.04 baseband on iPhone 4 (check yours in Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware).

    Mentioned a few days ago as a tool to get "untethered jailbreaks on all future A4 firmwares" (which they don't clarify today, just mention again in the iPhone Dev Team release post), this release jailbreaks the following devices:
    • AppleTV 2G
    • iPad (firmware 3.2.2)
    • iPod touch 4G
    • iPod touch 3G
    • iPhone4
    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPhone 3G

    As always, Pwnage Tool is a Mac only software.

    Here's download links (more to come):

    MMi Member Mirror
    Megaupload
    Rapidshare

    Official Bittorrent Release
    PwnageTool 4.1 Torrent - PwnageTool_4.1.dmg.5898597.TPB.torrent
    SHA1 Sum = 4f216e5863d191f30f84b6201e8c2bbea031e691

    Apple TV jailbreaking is in babyland right now - exciting, just like when the community first started building apps for the iPhone long before an SDK was even announced. The Dev Team includes this note to all Apple TV jailbreakers:

    AppleTV 2G users: Welcome to the JB family! Right now, about all you can do is command-line stuff via ssh. You also have afc2 available, so you can use tools like ifunbox to move files around. These are the *very* early days of AppleTV 2G jailbreaking, so it’ll take some time for JB app developers to come up with methods to use your AppleTV 2G from the remote, versus the command line. PS: Your ssh password is “alpine”…please change it when you can
    We'll get a full tutorial up soon, but it's pretty simple - download, open, and follow the instructions in the app.

    If you've already jailbroken with either greenpois0n or limera1n, you will gain nothing by jailbreaking again with Pwnage Tool, so don't bother yourself.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pwnage Tool 4.1 Released, Jailbreaks Apple TV started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 220 Comments
    1. eyeRobot's Avatar
      eyeRobot -
      Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
      guys.... my 3gs is factory unlocked and new bootrom. so for learning purpose today i restored with a custom made 4.1 firmware which includes hactivation and cydia. but after restoring i am not getting any signal. i installed ultrasn0w but still not getting any signal. is it because of hactivation as my phone is factory unlocked??
      I'd just go back to stock firmware and jailbreak with limerain/greenpoison (assuming 3GS/ip4)
    1. dying4004's Avatar
      dying4004 -
      Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
      I'd just go back to stock firmware and jailbreak with limerain/greenpoison (assuming 3GS/ip4)
      this is something that can be done easily but i was trying to find out why custom firmware from pt wasnt working. and at last i found out that the hactivation patch is the cause of the problem.
    1. ProfessorJack's Avatar
      ProfessorJack -
      ye you will have to wait a LOT LONGER AS THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT WORK ON MY NEW IMAC
      I HAVE TO FORCE IT TO SHUT DOWN NOTHING WORKS ON IT ALL BUTTONS ARE LOCKED OFF

      WHAT A JOKE ITS BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD



      Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post


      We've been waiting a bit now for Pwnage Tool to be updated to support 4.x devices, and today's release of Pwnage Tool 4.1 finally gets us there. The main advantage of Pwnage Tool over the limera1n and greenpois0n recent jailbreaks (which actually use the same exploit) is for unlockers. Pwnage Tool's functionality of updating to a pre-jailbroken firmware preserves the baseband you were on (your cellular modem, the part of the phone actually being "unlocked") so your ultrasn0w unlock is preserved. For new 4.1 users jailbreaking for the first time, ultrasn0w does not yet support the 02.10.04 baseband on iPhone 4 (check yours in Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware).

      Mentioned a few days ago as a tool to get "untethered jailbreaks on all future A4 firmwares" (which they don't clarify today, just mention again in the iPhone Dev Team release post), this release jailbreaks the following devices:
      • AppleTV 2G
      • iPad (firmware 3.2.2)
      • iPod touch 4G
      • iPod touch 3G
      • iPhone4
      • iPhone 3GS
      • iPhone 3G

      As always, Pwnage Tool is a Mac only software.

      Here's download links (more to come):

      MMi Member Mirror
      Megaupload
      Rapidshare

      Official Bittorrent Release
      PwnageTool 4.1 Torrent - PwnageTool_4.1.dmg.5898597.TPB.torrent
      SHA1 Sum = 4f216e5863d191f30f84b6201e8c2bbea031e691

      Apple TV jailbreaking is in babyland right now - exciting, just like when the community first started building apps for the iPhone long before an SDK was even announced. The Dev Team includes this note to all Apple TV jailbreakers:



      We'll get a full tutorial up soon, but it's pretty simple - download, open, and follow the instructions in the app.

      If you've already jailbroken with either greenpois0n or limera1n, you will gain nothing by jailbreaking again with Pwnage Tool, so don't bother yourself.
      That greenpoison will not work

      only limerain works


      Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
      i'd just go back to stock firmware and jailbreak with limerain/greenpoison (assuming 3gs/ip4)
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Hey guys,

      I'm trying to completely trick out my custom firmware by adding additional Cydia sources to Pwnage and installing them into the firmware. My problem is that when I try to add the sources, you dont just add the source you add into Cydia, you need to add the extended URL. Does anyone know what the extended URLs are for these links?
    1. bigguy_3616's Avatar
      bigguy_3616 -
      Im trying to my restore my iphone 4 with the custom firmware 4.1 that i made from pwnage tool 4.1 but when im already in DFU mode im getting 1600 error..
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_3616 View Post
      Im trying to my restore my iphone 4 with the custom firmware 4.1 that i made from pwnage tool 4.1 but when im already in DFU mode im getting 1600 error..
      Make sure your host file is not ridirected to Saurik's server. You can just comment it out, put a # at the start of the line. Or the other thing may be is that you need to use pwnagetool to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
    1. j3st3r's Avatar
      j3st3r -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigguy_3616 View Post
      Im trying to my restore my iphone 4 with the custom firmware 4.1 that i made from pwnage tool 4.1 but when im already in DFU mode im getting 1600 error..
      are you using a mac or did you download the 4.1 ipsw, the new custom firmwares do not work in windows like the old pwnagetool firmwares would, you should not already be in DFU mode until pwnagetool tells you to put the phone in DFU
    1. freaksrock62's Avatar
      freaksrock62 -
      Does anyone know if there is a way to change my jailbroken iPhone iOS 4.1 baseband?
      I was dumb enough to upgrade to 4.1 and now I currently have 02.10.04 and I'm unable to unlock my iPhone anymore. I was hoping to change the baseband back to the unlockable one?
      Unless you guys know of any other way to unlock my iPhone in it's current state??
    1. eyeRobot's Avatar
      eyeRobot -
      Unfortunately it can't be done at present. Word is, new tool should be released during November. Just have to wait it out I'm afraid.
    1. freaksrock62's Avatar
      freaksrock62 -
      Damn, that's too bad...I just moved to England and my american iPhone is basically useless until I can unlock it.
    1. eyeRobot's Avatar
      eyeRobot -
      Get that old nokia out of the drawer and use the iPhone as an iPod for now!
    1. freaksrock62's Avatar
      freaksrock62 -
      That's exactly what I'm doing...how funny!
    1. JimmyNgo's Avatar
      JimmyNgo -
      Will Pwnagetool for Windows ever come out?
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by JimmyNgo View Post
      Will Pwnagetool for Windows ever come out?
      Updated Redsn0w: Custom Firmware for PC Users, Hints of PC PwnageTool!!
    1. eyeRobot's Avatar
      eyeRobot -
      Believe chpwn is porting Pwnagetool to windows.
    1. freaksrock62's Avatar
      freaksrock62 -
      Any idea if/when we can unlock our iPhones again?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Shortly after 4.2 comes out.
    1. mastahpiece's Avatar
      mastahpiece -
      maybe soon we can stream movies on the apple tv, thats when ill buy one
    1. alexseat's Avatar
      alexseat -
      No matter what I do, I still get "Wrong firmware bundle selected"
      I have an iphone 4 with the latest firmware and I have downloaded the firmware off of mymyi, still will not select the file... is there any other application that jailbreaks the iphone 4 for Att?
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      On 4.2.1 you can use greenpoison too. Make sure you have pwnage tool 4.2 if you still want to use that.