• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • FolderEnhancer Released: Get The Most Out Of Your Folders
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pCRh7gcAOs]YouTube - FolderEnhancer - Preview[/ame]



    FolderEnhancer, developed by ashikase, has been an app many of us have been looking forward to. This tweak improves on the native folders in iOS 4 creating a much more logical solution for organizing and accessing your apps.

    Here is a quick overview of some of the features included in FolderEnhancer:
    • Open folders faster.
    • Add up to 320 icons to a folder (20 pages, 16 per page).
    • Create folders inside of folders.
    • Create folders on the dock.
    • Supports Iconoclasm for custom layouts inside of folders.
    • Extends MultiIconMover to allow moving multiple icons into/out of folders.
    • Options include hiding the folder name and wallpaper, as well as disabling animations.

    Available in Cydia for $1.99, previous CategoriesSB customers can grab the upgrade for $0.99. The price will apparently increase come November, so grab it now while it's only $1.99!

    *Not yet compatible with iOS 4.1

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA5OBW1wVXQ[/ame]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FolderEnhancer Released: Get The Most Out Of Your Folders started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 104 Comments
    1. Raptors's Avatar
      Raptors -
      This is awesome, I Literally just put A folder inside a folder, inside another folder, inside another, and so one, so I have like x10Sub folders just for the fun of it, & they still open fast/smooth! Great job to the dev
    1. mr117's Avatar
      mr117 -
      "Lost icons" were because of how I was putting the icons into the folders. User error. Wasn't waiting for the next folder to open before letting go. App works perfectly. I don't.
    1. Quaddy's Avatar
      Quaddy -
      lovingit thus far, one little thing, i dont know if anyone else has this, is that sometimes, seemingly randomly, opening a folder will kind of push the entire dock and its icons down right to the bottom of the screen, and then when that folder closes they spring back up !?
    1. namdamage's Avatar
      namdamage -
      Any idea when 4.1 update is coming,an will it still conflict with everything even though I'm pretty sure it only does that when I was trying to install (didn't see message stating not for 4.1)
      Thanks
    1. THES0FAK1NG's Avatar
      THES0FAK1NG -
      Does anyone know where the files for FolderEnhancer are on the iPhone? I want to SSH in and try to change the folder background. Perhaps someone has already figured out how to accomplish this?
      Found. In case anyone is curious:
      FaQ's:

      Can I use my own folder wallpaper image?

      Yes. The image file is located at:

      /System/Library/CoreServices/
      SpringBoard.app/
      FEFolderBG.png

      (Use [email protected] for devices with retina displays).

      Overwriting this file is not recommended, though, as it will be replaced with each FolderEnhancer upgrade.

      Instead, the recommended method is to use WinterBoard (by Jay Freeman, available for free via Cydia).

      The WinterBoard path to use is:

      Some.theme/Bundles/
      com.apple.springboard/
      FEFolderBG.png
    1. JoeStorm's Avatar
      JoeStorm -
      Why SSH? Check the FAQ in the documentation and you'll see FolderEnhancer is Winterboard savvy.
    1. BMXer Dan's Avatar
      BMXer Dan -
      Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
      So this is basically a port of CatgoriesSB to 4.x, rather than using the native system? Meh, I think I'll stick to what I have now, CategoriesSB gave me more than enough problems in its day.
      Snap...
      If i can i always like to try a paid app before i purchace it and i did and didn't like it one bit

      I have custom folder backgrounds and they disapered, yes it may open folders quickly but it doesn't work with Infinifolders which i am not going to give up.

      The native system works so much better than anyone else can implement in my opinion
    1. sjh4's Avatar
      sjh4 -
      thankyou ashikase, 4 updates now in less than 72hrs fixes all issues i have, great product, now with latest update, more than 16 icons per page
    1. Zenitram's Avatar
      Zenitram -
      Just bought it today and it's great. I only wish multifolder mover would work with apps in folders. What an improvement though. So snappy and quick. It really is $2 well spent. I had my fun with infiniboard, but this is a real winner.
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Ditto, I love this app. Well worth the money, for me.
    1. Nitsson's Avatar
      Nitsson -
      Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
      nice implementation, but i like the original folder animation that apple has. I don't like how it's a folder that opens up and fills most of the screen, especially when you only have say 3 or 4 apps in a folder. If the animation was kept the same, but still have the functionality of quick folder launch i'd def keep it. But, it is definitely a good enhancer, just not for me.
      I second that, Apples implementaion is beautiful and until I can keep that this stays off my phone, and Infinifolders stays on. At the moment this is just a port of Categories to iOS4, but well done as a first effort.
    1. viciouspat's Avatar
      viciouspat -
      Quote Originally Posted by THES0FAK1NG View Post
      Does anyone know where the files for FolderEnhancer are on the iPhone? I want to SSH in and try to change the folder background. Perhaps someone has already figured out how to accomplish this?
      Found. In case anyone is curious:
      FaQ's:

      Can I use my own folder wallpaper image?

      Yes. The image file is located at:

      /System/Library/CoreServices/
      SpringBoard.app/
      FEFolderBG.png

      (Use [email protected] for devices with retina displays).

      Overwriting this file is not recommended, though, as it will be replaced with each FolderEnhancer upgrade.

      Instead, the recommended method is to use WinterBoard (by Jay Freeman, available for free via Cydia).

      The WinterBoard path to use is:

      Some.theme/Bundles/
      com.apple.springboard/
      FEFolderBG.png
      I've done exactly the same, yet my folder theme doesn't show up. Would you mind giving me one of yours just to test it out whether it works so I can see if I really did something wrong or it simply doesn't work

      Thanks in advance.
    1. Enphekt's Avatar
      Enphekt -
      i lost alot of my apps what were there when i scrolled down.. how do i get them back? i install then again and still dont see them..
    1. robertr1's Avatar
      robertr1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Enphekt View Post
      i lost alot of my apps what were there when i scrolled down.. how do i get them back? i install then again and still dont see them..
      I think you're having the same problem I did. I just uninstalled the app and the apps came back.
    1. tekjargon's Avatar
      tekjargon -
      Looks awesome! Can't wait to get this!
    1. hadzo's Avatar
      hadzo -
      Very nice!... they should have called it "IncrediFolders" since is just incredible :-)
    1. jamesgrenard's Avatar
      jamesgrenard -
      update this for 4.1!!!
    1. Enphekt's Avatar
      Enphekt -
      Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
      I think you're having the same problem I did. I just uninstalled the app and the apps came back.
      well i can even uninstall the app cause they arent visable; any app on another page in the folder other tgen the first page is gone. so mostly all my apos are gone. using sbsetting hide icon i can tell the apps are still on the phone just got no way to run them because of the lost icons. of anyone has a fix or suggestion to fix this itll mean alot. thank you in advance.
    1. mr117's Avatar
      mr117 -
      Not the apps you lost. THE app, FolderEnhancer, should be deleted. But, first, ...

      Try a respring. If you don't put them in folders correctly, they "disappear." Often, after a respring, they are there (open each folder and swipe it, sometimes the apps are hiding on the next page). Otherwise, do an uninstall of FolderEnhancer and they should return. If you are using Infinifolders, read the thread.
    1. Zenitram's Avatar
      Zenitram -
      Quote Originally Posted by Enphekt View Post
      well i can even uninstall the app cause they arent visable; any app on another page in the folder other tgen the first page is gone. so mostly all my apos are gone. using sbsetting hide icon i can tell the apps are still on the phone just got no way to run them because of the lost icons. of anyone has a fix or suggestion to fix this itll mean alot. thank you in advance.
      Here is the issue, basically the apps are in the folder, but "below" the last row of apps. If you remove an app out of that folder, the one "hidden" below it will move up. There is a limit to how many apps can be put in one folder (excluding putting folders in folders), if you exceed that it will go hidden, but still be searchable with spotlight. Hope that helps.