• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 23% of AT&T Users Would Switch to Verizon: Survey


    One out of every four iPhone users would switch to Verizon if they could, according to a new survey by investment bank Credit Suisse. As the Business Insider reports today, 23% of iPhone users surveyed at AT&T - which adds up to about 1.4 million people - would jump ship to Verizon, though almost all but 3% of them would wait until their AT&T contract expires rather than pay up to $325 in "early termination" fees.

    Apple and Verizon have reportedly been in talks over the iPhone for more than a year. And as Michael reported this morning, there are fresh indications out of the East Asia supply chain that a CDMA variant of the iPhone is in the works. Since the current iPhone 4, as well as all previous models, works only on networks that support the GSM standard, hardware changes would be required for the phone to work on Verizon's CDMA2000 network. Apple also recently took out a patent for an external transceiver that would allow iPhones to access a second network.

    Credit Suisse's survey also found that only 20% of iPhone users on AT&T consider their phone service to be satisfactory, and only 26% think the service will ever improve. 28% customers would bag on AT&T, choosing Verizon (23%), Sprint (3%) or T-Mobile (2%). And a survey done of Verizon customers back in May of this year found that almost half of them - as many as 8.1 million - would be interested in buying an iPhone when (if) it becomes available with their carrier.

    Source: Electronista
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 23% of AT&T Users Would Switch to Verizon: Survey started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 78 Comments
    1. ifonemaniac's Avatar
      ifonemaniac -
      I am finally settled in at my new base and after two weeks here I discovered T-Mo service is very low. A friend on base has the EVO with Sprint and says he gets enough signal to game on his PC since he rooted it. Seeing as I deploy next year I don't know if I want to start a contract! Ahh! Anyone in eastern north carolina give me advice on sprint verizon att etc... Thanks

      Sent using my iPhone with one bar while on Edge :'-(
    1. mmurphmsu's Avatar
      mmurphmsu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
      Well I'm surprised you pay $100 for one line. That's close to what I pay for 2 iPhone 4's. And I have the highest data plans. Then again I don't use the voice portion much... Lol you should consider switching then for your situation. Just wondering tho, why are you on MMi if you don't have a "smartphone" such as an iPhone?
      This site is not just for iPhone's, its also for Mac's, iPads, iPods, etc. His info about him/her has iPod touch at the top.
    1. wolverinemarky's Avatar
      wolverinemarky -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
      Well I'm surprised you pay $100 for one line. That's close to what I pay for 2 iPhone 4's. And I have the highest data plans. Then again I don't use the voice portion much... Lol you should consider switching then for your situation. Just wondering tho, why are you on MMi if you don't have a "smartphone" such as an iPhone?



      Pretty sure that guy is lying the only way his bill could be that high is if he used the Internet a ton without an internet plan all month and is paying those fees. If ur gonna lie on AT&T at least make it believable
    1. i.Annie's Avatar
      i.Annie -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
      This site is not just for iPhone's, its also for Mac's, iPads, iPods, etc. His info about him/her has iPod touch at the top.
      Unfortunately I can't view the devices people have on my iPhone. My bad. But this thread is about AT&T and iPhone, is it not?
    1. Rokesomesmeefer's Avatar
      Rokesomesmeefer -
      Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
      Pretty sure that guy is lying the only way his bill could be that high is if he used the Internet a ton without an internet plan all month and is paying those fees. If ur gonna lie on AT&T at least make it believable
      Either that or he has a ridiculously small minute plan and exceeds it every month. Out of plan minutes cost a fortune.
    1. ShredNasty's Avatar
      ShredNasty -
      Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
      I would definitely switch... To anything, really. Nothing could be worse than ATT. $100 a month for ONE PHONE, NO DATA, NO TEXTING! Hell, I'm not even using a "Smartphone", just a simple flip-phone.
      Calls drop like flies here, and calling customer service usually results in an "It's not our fault" reply. Worst.Carrier.Ever.
      That's weird. $100 a month is what unlimited minutes, data and texting cost 4 months ago. Although I don't know about data now that there's a cap. Sounds like someone needs to read a pamphlet.
    1. sh33436's Avatar
      sh33436 -
      That's not shocking
    1. 5h4d0w's Avatar
      5h4d0w -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
      Either that or he has a ridiculously small minute plan and exceeds it every month. Out of plan minutes cost a fortune.
      It's 800 minutes a month, never once ran over it. My plan hasn't changed at all since I first started using ATT. Back then (4 yrs ago), my plan only cost me $50/mo, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Each year since, though, the cost has increased. When the contract runs out in a year, I'm going to just drop having a cell phone completely; I can't afford it any more. I have a WiFi signal 90% of the time here anyway, and with TextFree/Whistle on my iPod touch, I can get pretty much the same functionality.
    1. mmurphmsu's Avatar
      mmurphmsu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
      Unfortunately I can't view the devices people have on my iPhone. My bad. But this thread is about AT&T and iPhone, is it not?
      Yes it is about iPhone's and AT&T but your first comment says MMi not this thread.
    1. i.Annie's Avatar
      i.Annie -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
      Yes it is about iPhone's and AT&T but your first comment says MMi not this thread.
      Then does it matter? I can go and edit it. The point is we are talking about iPhones in this thread. Sorry if this bothers you so much that you might lose sleep over it.

      Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
      It's 800 minutes a month, never once ran over it. My plan hasn't changed at all since I first started using ATT. Back then (4 yrs ago), my plan only cost me $50/mo, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Each year since, though, the cost has increased. When the contract runs out in a year, I'm going to just drop having a cell phone completely; I can't afford it any more. I have a WiFi signal 90% of the time here anyway, and with TextFree/Whistle on my iPod touch, I can get pretty much the same functionality.
      You said $100 for a regular phone plan without text or data right? It's 59.99 for 900 min and 69.99 for unlimited. If you're paying $100 you might consider getting one of these two options then.
    1. monadzback's Avatar
      monadzback -
      Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
      Aggreed with that exept for the sprint part lol.. But in lexington it does suck.. I was in fayette mall the other day at the apple store and dropped 3 calls..
      Oh I agree. Sprint is not the best. I force my phone to roam on verizon by changing the prl. Lol. So I get sprint pricing with verizon speeds. Best of both worlds
    1. J Sweeney's Avatar
      J Sweeney -
      I will not buy a iPhone because of AT&T
    1. Rokesomesmeefer's Avatar
      Rokesomesmeefer -
      Quote Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post
      That's for laptop cards. Look on the Right Hand side of the page here: Unlimited Family Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless They still have the Unlimited plan. I believe I did read here (when I was on Verizon and had a Droid) that someone from VZW had confirmed they were dropping the Unlimited plan. There was some speculation that those who were Grandfathered into the Unlimited plan would have to change (and thus lose that plan) if they upgraded their phone.
      Ok, I stand corrected. But guess what - by the time an iPhone would come out through Verizon, guess who won't have unlimited data plans... Verizon confirms the future of 3G data is tiered
    1. HeavyD4's Avatar
      HeavyD4 -
      I Hate Verizon,they make commercials makin fun of apple and at&t products saying there so much better but are beggin for the iphone,let them keep beggin!!!
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      Quote Originally Posted by cjacks519 View Post
      I think opinions on service depends heavily on what part of the country you're in. I'm in Dallas, TX and I feel that at&t's service in my area is far superior to verizon. I've used both services and had many more reception and signal issues from verizon. I've also had more customer service problems from verizon as well
      I would think you would get great service AT&T (SBC) is headquartered in San Antonio.
    1. LamboFan's Avatar
      LamboFan -
      That's good to know...would the iPhone 3GS be available on Verizon?
    1. BlackDoug75's Avatar
      BlackDoug75 -
      I hafta agree. I've had AT&T since 1996 and aside not paying my bill a couple times, I've never ever had any reason to jump ship. Having owned 9 phones with them I don't plan to change, and yes I'm sticking with the unlimited plan too. Long as I can jailbreak, I'm good with my 3G.
    1. SexyIphone3gs's Avatar
      SexyIphone3gs -
      I would want to get AT&T but here in Denver it really gets a lot of spotty coverage...