• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off


    GeoHot - or as his mother knows him, George Hotz - has jailbroken the iPhone 4, and tossed up an image on his blog today of the 4 running Cydia. He is also just plain annoyed with the masses of people constantly barraging with one single question "hey man when are you going to release a jailbreak I want the Cydia that give the apps that give me the total power I can donate $5 when is it released" Says GeoHot: "As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me."

    He dispels a couple rumors from the web as well - "limera1n is little more than a raindrop on a website; it was never mentioned by me previous to this post." and also "pwned4life is a complete invention of some blogger in a basement somewhere. When I said pwned for life, I was referring to the original iPhone, 3G, and Touch; which of course are, by the aptly named PwnageTool."

    There's a single sentence which seems to sum up GeoHot's annoyance with jailbreaking about now at the bottom of his post: "Again, please don't ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less." And not to disappoint Señor Hotz, the comments on the post are already littered with folks asking how to jailbreak various devices. I chatted with GeoHot this morning, and he basically rehashed the same annoyance he published this morning - which makes sense. I mean, give the guy a break - if he had a release or a release date, he'd publish it. Repeating the same question over and over to him (or comex, or planetbeing, or MuscleNerd, or any of these guys) isn't going to speed anything up. They're all working for you, so give the guys a break and wait patiently for a public tool - it IS coming, from whomever. C'est la vie... anyway, that's what we're for. Feel free to ask right here if the jailbreak is released.

    Nice to notice it seems the Cydia in the picture is already in high-res for the iPhone 4, although with some weird aliasing in the background. Looks like Cydia is ready for iPhone 4 when iPhone 4 is ready for Cydia.


    On the iPhone - GeoHot's Blog
    This article was originally published in forum thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 574 Comments
    1. igarys's Avatar
      igarys -
      Can we stop making threads of him? Comex already said he has a jailbreak so stfu about geohot
    1. beatmac's Avatar
      beatmac -
      Disregard post.
    1. Gyngabread Man's Avatar
      Gyngabread Man -
      just because this is a bunch of ppl getting mad at each other i must do this,,,The Run-on Sentence is a commonly used literary device, in some cases going so far as to take up very large spaces the amount of a whole paragraph, continuing on for a very long while without any sign of a exclamation point, question mark, or even a simple period to close it off and begin a new sentence, usually containing a large mass of commas and occasionally semicolons in their places, and going very far on beyond any point of real usefulness, and then some, continuing much further than needed, which is like this entire introductory paragraph for the reason that there are no full stops, (known as periods to some people) in this entire sentence—this being, of course, for the sole purpose of making this sentence long enough to be in extremely bad taste and seem like it is never going to end, which, of course, is almost true, because even though this sentence has not stopped yet it is very likely to stop in the future, for even a run-on sentence such as this one is not very likely to have an infinite number of words, although it can have such a large amount of words that nobody in their right mind would actually want to read the entire thing, unless they found it comical or interesting, for the simple reason that it is very, very long, long enough, in fact, to take up the entire page when written in a reasonably large font, its length being its sole claim to fame, for the reason that sentences do not normally go on to such a length; while run-on sentences can be as long as this one, or even longer, without any sign of stopping, and in complete absence of the kind of punctuation that would usually end every sentence, because one of the most fundamental rules of proper sentence structure, namely that sentences have to be of a reasonable length and have a coherent structure, is being completely ignored in run-on sentences, which is the reason why most teachers forbid run-on sentences in essays and papers, as they are disruptive and confusing, and even a single run-on sentence can be so long as to make the essay much longer than it would normally be, without adding any content, because almost all run-on sentences lose focus after a point and just become a sequence of random ramblings, which, because they lack proper termination, can last for a very long period of time, but as said above, all run-on sentences must eventually end because they cannot have an infinite number of words, though the longer they get, the less effort needs to be put into them and at this point I could probably say anything I want and nobody in their right mind would actually read far enough to tell that I am getting completely off topic and should probably stop now, but I won't, the reason being that this being a run-on sentence it is not entirely necessary for me to be on topic or even remotely related to whatever I said to begin with; a run-on sentence in its entirety can be one insanely long piece of work, however usually they are created by mistakes by some student who understands nothing of the beauty of the English language and its grammatical tenets,,, i was motivated enought to just post some random garbage on here that i googled run-on sentence ... PS i think all jb devs deserve respect for being able breathe life into our devices i have an iphone 4 still in the box that i wont use cuz its too boring
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
      I agree with you there is no reason for him to release it. Thats not what I am disputing here. I am saying that he is fully aware that by showing he can jb it, that will result in him being pestered by thousands of people. So what kind of logic is it to say don't ask me, and act like he may release it at some point. You know as well as I do he is just bragging to the dev team showing them he can do in a day what takes them weeks. Why not just come out and say that?
      I'm sorry but I fail to see your point. Are you saying that because thousands of people are too incompetent to use deductive reasoning or for that matter simple reading comprehension ("don't ask") that he should not get upset with them each time he displays his "Hello World?"
    1. delusion950's Avatar
      delusion950 -
      when is he going to release it lmaooo =P
    1. Captinsmooth's Avatar
      Captinsmooth -
      Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
      I'm sorry but I fail to see your point. Are you saying that because thousands of people are too incompetent to use deductive reasoning or for that matter simple reading comprehension ("don't ask") that he should not get upset with them each time he displays his "Hello World?"
      Yes I am in a sense...lol He is smart enough know better. I am sure he is very aware that 90% of the masses lack intelligence or deductive reasoning. He should account for this at all times...lol
    1. crewxp's Avatar
      crewxp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
      ok here is my .02

      i am in no boat to complain as i have done nothing to contribute to the jail breaking scene besides create a couple themes.

      I appreciate the work the devs do and have been a big fan of geohot but his attitude lately has been real childish. I mean he's acting like a kindergartener with a power ranger lunch box with all these good snacks and showing it off to all his classmates but not wanting to share any.

      In my opinion, he did that just to show people that he jail broke it to protect his ego before comex releases his. Why do i say this? because what did mr. hotz start the blog post with? Arrived in the mail today, thought i'd give it a try. Saying he did it in 1 day. BOASTING about what he has accomplished and not planning to share with the community. Don't get me wrong, i give him props for his mad skills but i frown on his attitude. He is like a teammate on my basketball team in high school. Excellent player with outstanding potential but his attitude was his downfall.

      I mean if you have a jailbreak and want to keep it for yourself then do so. Don't create a blog post of it being jail broken and not expecting people to ask you when you are going to release. I could care less if he releases or not. At the end of the day its just a phone. And we have a humble and dedicated dev team that delivers free of charge and expects nothing in return.

      Now I honestly have much more respect for the DevTeam especially planetbeing he has been on a roll lately. Porting Android to the iPhone 2G/3G and working on the unlock for the iPhone 4 for how many hours straight without eating(info via his twitter). All this free of charge. They are the most humblest group of people ive seen in a long time especially considering the "fame" they possess. p0sixninja is another outstanding developer lets just hope he doesn't go down the same road as geohot.
      Perfectly said. Kudos ^
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      If comex is releasing his jb, why is everyone still riding geo with opinions of his decision? Life goes on , keep it moving , let this thread die...if this thread goes beyond 23 pages with the same crap then those people are the whining saps that need attention and the ones geo talks about
    1. awesomeSlayer's Avatar
      awesomeSlayer -
      ^Agreed
    1. kuhndsn's Avatar
      kuhndsn -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Bollox
      Bollix... Hmmm interesting haven't heard this "Anglo-Saxon" word since I lived in GB a few years ago... Lol. Could have also used...dat shyt is off da mark yo... Lol.

      Nontheless interesting word--one point and a thanks to ya...
      :-)

      Still think the wording was a bit on the ""let's see what we can stir up side. :-). Regardless it makes for some entertaining read on some of the user posts.
    1. smooth22's Avatar
      smooth22 -
      I AGREE 100%!! these guys have lives and may have families as well..

      Beggars cant be choosers remember its free.
    1. scoloni87's Avatar
      scoloni87 -
      Yo when is it goin to be released?
    1. Gyngabread Man's Avatar
      Gyngabread Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by scoloni87 View Post
      Yo when is it goin to be released?
      it was just released he was just waiting for the millionth person to ask before releasing so go download now
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      It has been a long time since I have read 23 pages of a thread but this takes the cake. What is with all of you guys fighting over a picture??

      Get a life, stop complaining about a free service, and wait like good boys and girls.
    1. bobright's Avatar
      bobright -
      I say we can this thread to the shitter ..
    1. Raptors's Avatar
      Raptors -
      time to close this 23-Paged thread about pointless whining and crying? YES YES I think so
    1. shawn o's Avatar
      shawn o -
      To all those complaining: If you want a Jailbroken Iphone 4, DO IT YOURSELF.

      Otherwise, there is no jailbroken Iphone.
    1. Lord Ceo's Avatar
      Lord Ceo -
      Honestly if you don't want to see comments disable them..

      I donated towards your iPhone 4 the least you can do is show appreciation and jailbreak my ****.
    1. ehren88888's Avatar
      ehren88888 -
      instead of your jailbreak he will just say go jerk off instead
    1. mortopher's Avatar
      mortopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
      time to close this 23-Paged thread about pointless whining and crying? YES YES I think so
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      It has been a long time since I have read 23 pages of a thread but this takes the cake. What is with all of you guys fighting over a picture??

      Get a life, stop complaining about a free service, and wait like good boys and girls.
      I've always wondered but until now have never asked... why do you guys keep the posts per page at the default? I can't stand the low post counts websited show by default, not just MMI.

      I could never understand it for a while how people were talking about something on page like 18 yet i'd look on my monitor and there'd be only like 7 pages.