I thought this was a worthy note, considering this app is usually $9.99. Since this isn’t the 1Password Pro they intended it to be, there will be an update to include organization tools like folders and favorites, syncing over-the-air with MobileMe and WebDAV, etc. At that time, the price will be raised to $14.99. About a week ago Agile Web Solutions decided to celebrate their release of 1Password 3 for Mac by offering the PRO iPhone version for free until December 1st. Available in iTunes.
1Password lets you store important information you otherwise wouldn't keep on your iPhone, essentially becoming a digital safebox. Or as they dub it "A Safe in Your Pocket". This makes it feel a little safer to save things like Website Login information, membership information, and notes. All the data is encrypted with one or even two passwords.
Although this app is free, be sure to take note there are some requirements to get a few of the syncing features in this app to work. Some of these features require 1Password For Mac which is a $40 application for Mac OS X. Nonetheless, this can be rather useful even without the application.
From the Developer:
- Saves web site login credentials, personal identity information (such as names, addresses and telephone numbers), a variety of information that you might find in your wallet (licenses, social security numbers, credit cards, etc.), and freeform secure notes to store any data you'd like to keep safe from prying eyes.
- Locks your data behind both a four-digit unlock code and a master password, both of which you configure. Even if your mobile device is stolen or misplaced, your 1Password data is safe.
- Has a browser built right into it. Tap a saved login and you're immediately taken to the site, your credentials filled in, ready to be submitted.
- [BSyncs safely and securely with 1Password for the Mac[/B] over a WiFi connection, provided both the mobile device and the Mac are on the same network. The sync is two-way, so new information can be easily added on your mobile device and synced back to your Mac! To read up on how to sync you can check it out in the 1Password for Mac User Guide.
- Data backup Version 2.1 added the ability to download your data to your Desktop (Mac or PC), enabling you to backup all your important information and restore it if needed.
- Copy and Paste 1Password Pro adds the ability to Copy and Paste information. This enables you to copy passwords into other applications as well as copying Credit Card numbers into purchase web forms.
- Better Safari Integration 1Password Pro provides enhanced integration with Mobile Safari. Using a bookmark from within Safari, you can launch 1Password to quickly find your Login information, copy the password, and be automatically taken back to Safari so you can login.
1Password iTunes AppStore
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcn3IU6UlY"]1Password touch Pro 2.1 and iPhone OS 3.0 Features[/ame]