• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Multifl0w - The Future of iPhone Multitasking with Backgrounder


    Status Updated: Multifl0w is available through ModMyI repo now.

    We've all seen the Palm Pre and HTC ads that boast about the ability to multitask. Why Apple did not include this still blows my mind (yeah yeah, battery usage my ***. then make a better battery. We NEED to multitask). What better productivity tool is there than being able to multitask with your available apps?!

    Thankfully for us Jailbroken users, this idea of multitasking has been possible for quite some time now with the use of an app called Backgrounder by Lance Fetters (ashikase), available in Cydia for free.

    While this app has definitely been a heaven-sent gift for us multitaskers, there has definitely been a need to have more efficient access to currently running apps. At this time, Backgrounder provides a little badge beside the App icons to indicate which are currently running, which was a good start.

    Very shortly Backgrounder's new best friend, Multifl0w will be introduced. Multifl0w, developed by @aaronash, is your newest, baddest, kick *** UI for backgrounder apps. With the ability to see which apps are open and swipe through them to quickly open them, just like the good ol Palm Pre commercials.

    Backgrounder will be required alongside this app. You won't be able to run kirikae and multifl0w at the same timem but still a huge win for Jailbroken users, as usual.

    Aaron tweeted today that we could see Multifl0w as soon as tonight or tomorrow morning on Cydia or Rock. The Developer has also mentioned that the app will be a Paid app costing somewhere in the $4-6 range. He had also mentioned that it should be available in both Cydia and Rock.

    For now, here's a video and some screenshot. Let us know what you think.



    This article was originally published in forum thread: Multifl0w - The Future of iPhone Multitasking with Backgrounder started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 125 Comments
    1. kickerman65's Avatar
      kickerman65 -
      yea a little X at the top of each page while your scrolling thru the apps would be a nice touch
    1. garbs's Avatar
      garbs -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      yea a little X at the top of each page while your scrolling thru the apps would be a nice touch
      +1
    1. matthew1111's Avatar
      matthew1111 -
      Pretty nice, only thing I see thats gonna be annyoing is no more double tap for music!
    1. metaserph's Avatar
      metaserph -
      To my knowledge, Rock Extensions are only used by native Rock app. Rock, the store, offers other software that does not use Rock Extensions, this being one of them. I think...
    1. chuckiecheese's Avatar
      chuckiecheese -
      Nice!!!!!!!!!
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      I will definitely pay for this.
    1. rel1215's Avatar
      rel1215 -
      Quote Originally Posted by matthew1111 View Post
      Pretty nice, only thing I see thats gonna be annyoing is no more double tap for music!
      head over to macthemes and look for musicbar.....brings up ipod controls over the status bar when you tap the carrier logo....works great.
    1. Witchpuncher's Avatar
      Witchpuncher -
      So is it out yet I really want to buy this..
    1. kickerman65's Avatar
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
      head over to macthemes and look for musicbar.....brings up ipod controls over the status bar when you tap the carrier logo....works great.
      How did You get music bar to work anyway? I tried it on both my phones and no luck. Is it compatible with SBSettings since it uses the upper statusbar also
    1. rel1215's Avatar
      rel1215 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      How did You get music bar to work anyway? I tried it on both my phones and no luck. Is it compatible with SBSettings since it uses the upper statusbar also

      If you don't have thecarrier logo. AT&T or tmo in the status bar. Then you need to download the carrier fix from cydia to get it to work. You just tap on the carrier and it pops up. Works fine with sbsettings. Didn't work for me till I got the fix for the carrier bug
    1. thu6's Avatar
      thu6 -
      You ever have one of those days...
      When everything jussst.... seems to work.
      Like, when you're driving. All the red lights ahead of you are turning green.
      Bing, Bing... Bing. Like you're not even trying.

      Just going with the FLOW!!!


    1. kickerman65's Avatar
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
      If you don't have thecarrier logo. AT&T or tmo in the status bar. Then you need to download the carrier fix from cydia to get it to work. You just tap on the carrier and it pops up. Works fine with sbsettings. Didn't work for me till I got the fix for the carrier bug
      Wow thanks! Thats funny how i never really noticed that my carrier was gone. So how did you figure that out anyway?
    1. adp's Avatar
      adp -
      Nice. There's no way a 3G can run that many apps at a time though. Try running 2 and it runs out of memory. Very useful for the 3GS!
    1. Blowfish64's Avatar
      Blowfish64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      yea a little X at the top of each page while your scrolling thru the apps would be a nice touch
      Yeah, just like with Safari tabs. Definitely +1.
    1. ithug's Avatar
      ithug -
      i wonder how much battery life this is going to use up??
    1. PhoneLine's Avatar
      PhoneLine -
      Quote Originally Posted by ithug View Post
      i wonder how much battery life this is going to use up??
      I would think/hope not much more then the amount used by people already using backgrounder. This is really just a nice way to switch between apps, the backgrounding itself is the real power drain.
    1. rel1215's Avatar
      rel1215 -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      Wow thanks! Thats funny how i never really noticed that my carrier was gone. So how did you figure that out anyway?
      no problem, glad to help.......i think all of that info was in the macthemes thread somewhere.
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      This looks pretty amazing. Wonder how badly this DOES tank battery life and if it does give you some sort of pop-up before putting it back into sleep to warn you of the usage. I can see Apple stealing this for future iphone OS builds.
    1. juggz143's Avatar
      juggz143 -
      with kirikae i constantly have around 5 apps running with no battery hit (on a 2g), I think its mainly bluetooth/wifi/data that kill the battery and not the apps themselves.
    1. ddonuts4's Avatar
      ddonuts4 -
      Sweet!!