• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 3GS Unlocked!


    This is kind of old news - but I realized a lot of folks may not have put two and two together.

    ultrasn0w has been out for a while, and has always been known to work on the 3GS "as soon as it was jailbroken" so it could be installed - how could you install it without a jailbreak.

    And now, purplera1n has jailbroken the 3GS for both Windows and OS X users.

    So how do you unlock?

    Easy - jailbreak from either Windows or OS X, then install ultrasn0w. Done.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 3GS Unlocked! started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 119 Comments
    1. Neo-Tech's Avatar
      Neo-Tech -
      Indeed. Going to read through this thread again when I get the time :P

      I hate skim reading
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ankitagarwal85 View Post
      Thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean I can use the original iPhone AT&T sim that came with the iPhone to activate the iPhone after say 3 months, by when I have terminated my AT&T contract and so the sim is obviously not active??

      Alternatively I also have an AT&T prepaid sim card which is no longer active as I havent used it in over 3 months. Would this work as well?
      Both methods will work for you. As long as you have an At&t sim it will work....
    1. RavingNoodle's Avatar
      RavingNoodle -
      Quote Originally Posted by vthree View Post
      sorry to stray OT. but as far as going to an apple store and getting a new contract... just to get a 3G-S

      how long do i have to keep the contract to keep the phone?? Should i just keep it for 30 days? then cancel and say im going to another carrier? 175 for ETF really isn't that bad and it would be a lot cheaper than paying for the full service for 24 months... if someone could shed some light on the topic i would greatly appreciate it, please pm me or i guess post back here.
      You do need to keep it for 30 days though I asked a customer rep and they said you had to return the phone even after 30 days even after paying the ETF. You might want to call to make sure to avoid paying additional fees for your phone.
    1. hydroabiscuit's Avatar
      hydroabiscuit -
      Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
      We'll be fine when the dev team releases their jailbreak. They'll do it right and have an option to hacktivate. I'm confident they'll fix ultrasn0w to work well with the 3GS. The video that planetbeing did showed ultrasn0w working well.



      I hate when the damn wife drops out. LOL
      lmao, i just realized that typo
    1. ggab's Avatar
      ggab -
      Quote Originally Posted by RavingNoodle View Post
      You do need to keep it for 30 days though I asked a customer rep and they said you had to return the phone even after 30 days even after paying the ETF. You might want to call to make sure to avoid paying additional fees for your phone.
      Again, that rep is an idiot. After the 30 days, a cancellation will cost you $175, PERIOD.
    1. Go Gators's Avatar
      Go Gators -
      My battery keeps draining very fast!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Please!
    1. chucked188's Avatar
      chucked188 -
      Hey will the jailbreak purplera1n work if u do not have the official carrier of iPhone? I mean will u be able to jailbreak with ur phone
      locked ?
    1. ggab's Avatar
      ggab -
      Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
      My battery keeps draining very fast!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Please!
      There has been a proven correlation between the number of off topic posts and how long your battery lasts. Sorry but you're screwed.
    1. chucked188's Avatar
      chucked188 -
      Hey will the jailbreak purplera1n work if u do not have the official carrier of iPhone? I mean will u be able to jailbreak with ur phone
      locked ?
    1. Go Gators's Avatar
      Go Gators -
      Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
      There has been a proven correlation between the number of off topic posts and how long your battery lasts. Sorry but you're screwed.
      Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

      I also don't get how my question was off topic??? This whole thread is people asking for help with different issues that have come up after using Purplera1n. My battery draining faster was my issue. I guess there's always one butthead in the crowd when you get a group of people together.
    1. merllen's Avatar
      merllen -
      How would i go about getting MMS to work on t-mobile? Any info is much apperciated, thanks!
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      ^^^^ Off topic

      DO a search for MMS and you'll find LOOOOOOTS of threads about it.
    1. istorm's Avatar
      istorm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
      My battery keeps draining very fast!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Please!
      Turn off push email. Change the setting to fetch at 1 hour. I did that yesterday, and notice my battery last 2x-3x longer now
    1. dont h8 dre's Avatar
      dont h8 dre -
      Quote Originally Posted by chucked188 View Post
      Hey will the jailbreak purplera1n work if u do not have the official carrier of iPhone? I mean will u be able to jailbreak with ur phone
      locked ?
      Yes it will work but you still need to have the phone activated with an official carrier. Stop asking soo much also.
    1. Go Gators's Avatar
      Go Gators -
      Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
      Turn off push email. Change the setting to fetch at 1 hour. I did that yesterday, and notice my battery last 2x-3x longer now
      Allright, I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks for tip. Appreciate it.
    1. bubu23's Avatar
      bubu23 -
      PLZ PLZ iknow its not for here but you gotta help me?

      is there somthink that i can download from cydia or
      thers away to make my iphone 3gs work with cracked applications and games????
      Edit::>This forum does not support or discuss any warez or cracked app discussion or help. Please read the forum rules.
      cause iknow there is for all phones with 3.0 firm but iv been told its not the same for 3gs and i want to put cracked games inside
    1. sotas2's Avatar
      sotas2 -
      Hey guys....I followed all the above info on jailbreaking my iphone last night and now NONE of the game applications I have installed have any sound. My phone still plays videos, songs, rings and tones no problem, it just seems to have affected the game apps. Is this because its only beta version? Any suggestions would be great.
      Thanks!
    1. mradz7's Avatar
      mradz7 -
      How do you guys attach other people's threads in your replies? (too lazy to scroll below this box and figure it out atm haha)

      Anyways are you guys really getting ultrasn0w to work for you? I follow all the procedures
      * Restore with legit ATT simcard and plan
      *Activate (legit)
      *Purplera1n
      *Ultran0w
      *Then change sims reboot
      *Airplane ON
      *Reboot
      *Airplane OFF

      And my results are well...crap, the sim looses signal all the time when I try to make a call it rarely works stating that there is not network, I even get the "Invalid SIM" o show up one in a while. I've tried this process 3 times already with the same results.

      (I turn off 3G)-seems to help but nothing significant

      Anyways my 2G redsn0w'd works fine completely different results the the 3GS

      When is it possible that the DEv's will release some info about this?
    1. foureight84's Avatar
      foureight84 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mradz7 View Post
      How do you guys attach other people's threads in your replies? (too lazy to scroll below this box and figure it out atm haha)

      Anyways are you guys really getting ultrasn0w to work for you? I follow all the procedures
      * Restore with legit ATT simcard and plan
      *Activate (legit)
      *Purplera1n
      *Ultran0w
      *Then change sims reboot
      *Airplane ON
      *Reboot
      *Airplane OFF

      And my results are well...crap, the sim looses signal all the time when I try to make a call it rarely works stating that there is not network, I even get the "Invalid SIM" o show up one in a while. I've tried this process 3 times already with the same results.

      (I turn off 3G)-seems to help but nothing significant

      Anyways my 2G redsn0w'd works fine completely different results the the 3GS

      When is it possible that the DEv's will release some info about this?
      DEV won't be releasing until 3.0.1 cause they don't want apple patching the exploit. but don't know if george ra1ned on their parade by releasing it early. (pun intended)
    1. lillstar12's Avatar
      lillstar12 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mradz7 View Post
      How do you guys attach other people's threads in your replies? (too lazy to scroll below this box and figure it out atm haha)

      Anyways are you guys really getting ultrasn0w to work for you? I follow all the procedures
      * Restore with legit ATT simcard and plan
      *Activate (legit)
      *Purplera1n
      *Ultran0w
      *Then change sims reboot
      *Airplane ON
      *Reboot
      *Airplane OFF

      And my results are well...crap, the sim looses signal all the time when I try to make a call it rarely works stating that there is not network, I even get the "Invalid SIM" o show up one in a while. I've tried this process 3 times already with the same results.

      (I turn off 3G)-seems to help but nothing significant

      Anyways my 2G redsn0w'd works fine completely different results the the 3GS

      When is it possible that the DEv's will release some info about this?
      had the same problem but wifi stopped working , restored like 6 times and jailbroke and the used ultrasnow . I think ultrasn0w is the problem cos thats when it goes mad.

      The way round it i found is to keep reinstalling ultrasnow which i did about 5 times before everything started to work again . Used it all day today without any gliches mind you not insatlled anything else cos that does funny things too. Tried winterboard ( which evryone knows about) tried 5 dock and openssh to delete freeze which worked but then stopped my wifi.

      Its working now so im happy but scared to install anything else at the moment

      Hope this works mate but seriously just keep reinstalling ultrasn0w its annoying but worked for me