• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Enable A Horizontal Scrolling Dock with Infinidock


    Infinidock, a new project by chpwn, allows you to add additional applications to your iPhone dock and scroll them horizontally. This application is now available through Cydia for $0.99

    For anyone who has ever wanted to have more than 5 icons in their dock without it looking silly, this is the tool you need. Simply drag and drop the icons into the Dock. You will then be able to swipe to scroll through the icons as they remain in your dock on each page.

    Full dock customization: scrolling, adjustable icon amounts, and more! Add as many icons as you want, and the dock will grow to accommodate them, and set how many you want on every page. The ultimate dock customization tool, by one of the developers of ProSwitcher. Please report all bugs and submit all feature requests via email so we can take a look!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Enable A Horizontal Scrolling Dock with Infinidock started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 114 Comments
    1. ifonemaniac's Avatar
      ifonemaniac -
      Quote Originally Posted by victorliao View Post
      this can revolutionize theming
      True. Imagine some of your fav themes coupled with something like this ...I'm looking forward to what nitsua can do with this...
    1. stlcaddie's Avatar
      stlcaddie -
      Finally works, it was worth the doe. Great work
    1. TheOnlyest's Avatar
      TheOnlyest -
      It has been documented that this doesn't work with Stacks... YET, the Devs are working on that.
      I dont even USE stacks, and I knew that!

      You guys would have A LOT less grief and headaches in your lives if you did your homework! It astounds me how some people can get SO hostile and nuts over A DOLLAR!!! Not everything is gonna work with WITH everything or for everyone... and if you think it can, sit down and start writing code!!

      Meanwhile stop telling the world how dumb, clueless, and cheap you are on this thread!!

      @ Bernie, stop crabbing about your damn 99 cents! i'll bet you piss away a lot more than that in the casino's without this much whining!

      Can you tell im having a bad day?!? ::::rant off:::
    1. battlecrushr's Avatar
      battlecrushr -
      I have stacks with it and it works
    1. ROFLwaffle's Avatar
      ROFLwaffle -
      Wow imagine what themers will do!
    1. Masterz1337's Avatar
      Masterz1337 -
      What would make this even more awesome is if it could slant the icons, make it into a coverflow type rotator. This is incredibly cool though, purchasing now .
    1. rwin84's Avatar
      rwin84 -
      gettin now...
    1. Masterz1337's Avatar
      Masterz1337 -
      Is anyone having trouble purchasing right now? Cydia is giving me problems when I go to install saying it can't authenticate my purchase.
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
      @ Bernie, stop crabbing about your damn 99 cents! i'll bet you piss away a lot more than that in the casino's without this much whining!

      Can you tell im having a bad day?!? ::::rant off:::
      I don't gamble, but I did win this bet. How much did you wanna put on that bet of yours?

      And it's not the $.99 I am upset about, apparently no one knows how to read on this board, I am upset because this application advirtised some things that it just doesn't do, I don't care about a dollar, but I do care about being deceived.

      New forum rule: Do not let onlyest post of he has not taken his antipsychotics.
    1. wim66's Avatar
      wim66 -
      I made a simple icon for the Settings app.
      You can download attached icon or create your own (29x29 px).
      Put it in /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences
      Edit Infinidock.plist, located in the same folder.
      Change


      Into
      icon
      Infdock.png


    1. Brinky's Avatar
      Brinky -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      i almost feel like I want a refund. On the description it made it seem like you could have pages of docks almost, like instead of a squishing 10 icons on the dock, you'd have 5 icons and then you could scroll to the other 5 just like with the little widgets dock on OSX. What's the point of scrolling if the app just squishes them all together on one page? I could have just downloaded 8icondock for free if I wanted that, unless there's something I'm missing which I hope there is. It says in the description you can "set how many dock icons you want per page" yet I don't see that option either. The description and screenshots were very misleading IMO.

      It does work like the description. It only squishes them together if you set it to more then 5 icons per page. Leave it at 5 and drag as many icons as you want to your dock.
    1. Brinky's Avatar
      Brinky -
      Having an issue with notifications badges on my dock icons. It leaves some of it in the background. Anyone else having this issue?
    1. Windmeel's Avatar
      Windmeel -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
      Having an issue with notifications badges on my dock icons. It leaves some of it in the background. Anyone else having this issue?
      That's a big turn off. No solution for you but thanks for the post (Your first ). Have you determined that its 100% Infinidock?
    1. Brinky's Avatar
      Brinky -
      Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
      That's a big turn off. No solution for you but thanks for the post (Your first ). Have you determined that its 100% Infinidock?
      It didn't start until Infinidock. But it isn't for all the icons. SMS and mail clear the badge just fine. It also isn't consistent. After a resprint leftovers are gone and I can't get them back. So it could have been a one-off thing.
    1. clikzip's Avatar
      clikzip -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
      It didn't start until Infinidock. But it isn't for all the icons. SMS and mail clear the badge just fine. It also isn't consistent. After a resprint leftovers are gone and I can't get them back. So it could have been a one-off thing.
      Which iPhone are you using?
    1. Brinky's Avatar
      Brinky -
      Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
      Which iPhone are you using?
      3Gs with 3.1.2.

      Shortly after my last respring that cleared the partial badge on my phone icon I got one on my mail icon.

      I have two other hacks working on the dock. Reflective Dock and BossPaper. Going to try disabling/uninstalling those and see what happens.
    1. TheOnlyest's Avatar
      TheOnlyest -
      lol, I read your post dude, and maybe you're just dilutional?
      The app does EXACTLY what it says it does!!
      Either you're interpretation of the description is wack, or you just still havn't found the settings app!

      What's funny is, you have yet to indicate what specifically you think this app does NOT do... and whats funnier is, you're the only one claiming misrepresentation!!

      PS. i'm back on my meds!


      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      I don't gamble, but I did win this bet. How much did you wanna put on that bet of yours?

      And it's not the $.99 I am upset about, apparently no one knows how to read on this board, I am upset because this application advirtised some things that it just doesn't do, I don't care about a dollar, but I do care about being deceived.

      New forum rule: Do not let onlyest post of he has not taken his antipsychotics.
      Nope... just you! I have a 3GS 3.1.2 also, and my badges display as they always have... correctly!

      Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
      Having an issue with notifications badges on my dock icons. It leaves some of it in the background. Anyone else having this issue?
    1. wim66's Avatar
      wim66 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
      Having an issue with notifications badges on my dock icons. It leaves some of it in the background. Anyone else having this issue?
      Happend to me once.
      After reading new mail the badge should have gone away but it stayed partialy and also appeared behind another icon.
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
      It does work like the description. It only squishes them together if you set it to more then 5 icons per page. Leave it at 5 and drag as many icons as you want to your dock.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
      lol, I read your post dude, and maybe you're just dilutional?
      The app does EXACTLY what it says it does!!
      Either you're interpretation of the description is wack, or you just still havn't found the settings app!

      What's funny is, you have yet to indicate what specifically you think this app does NOT do... and whats funnier is, you're the only one claiming misrepresentation!!

      PS. i'm back on my meds!
      From the app description: "and set how many (icons) you want on every page." That sounds like to me you can set how many dock icons you want per page, as in pages of docks. Now explain to me where that setting is.
    1. wim66's Avatar
      wim66 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      From the app description: "and set how many (icons) you want on every page." That sounds like to me you can set how many dock icons you want per page, as in pages of docks. Now explain to me where that setting is.
      In Settings app "Icons per Page" means "Icons visable on Dock", that's the way I interpret it.
      If you set it to 10 there can be 10 icons on your dock.
      If you set it to 5 there will be 5 icons visable and you'll have to scroll to see more.
      What did you expect? Icons per springboard page while we're talking about a dock?