• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released
    PwnageTool 3.1.3 is out now - and jailbreaks the 3G[S] (with a caveat) as well as all other iPhone models, and the iPod Touch 1G and 2G.

    The iPod Touch 3G is NOT supported, and the iPhone 3G and 3G[S] are only supported if they were jailbroken by PwnageTool at 3.0 or 3.0.1.

    EDIT: To clarify, whether you jailbroke with redsn0w or PwnageTool, you're still Pwn'd.

    PwnageTool 3.1.3 Download Links
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    MegaUpload

    EDIT 2: Here's the links to the various 3.1 firmware files (which you'll need to run PwnageTool):
    iPhone 2G
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3G[S]


    I recommend you read through their blog (link below) to check specifics for your device. Here's their brief details (more at their page):

    1. GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G(S) with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service then you should only update your device with an .ipsw that is made with the new PwnageTool. There are no second chances with this. You need to remember that PwnageTool will provide an upgrade path to newer versions of the iPhone software in the future.
    2. Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
    3. Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
    4. At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1 capable version of PwnageTool.
    5. PwnageTool will work for the iPhone 3GS assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
    6. PwnageTool will work for the iPod touch 2G assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
    7. PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G(S) and the iPod touch (1st Generation and 2nd Generation) but NOT the iPod touch 3rd generation.
    8. For 3G and 3G(S) users who are Pwned, PwnageTool is your key to updating in the future, just remember to never install an update directly from Apple, always use an .ipsw that has been created with PwnageTool.
    The official torrent link is at ThePirateBay, we will have links up for you ASAP to download direct. Links Above

    dev team blog
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 3G[S] 3.1 Jailbroken - PwnageTool 3.1.3 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 383 Comments
    1. mdc929's Avatar
      mdc929 -
      yessss!
      finally!

      wait is coma mode still happening?
    1. jonat's Avatar
      jonat -
      Madeleine, you are a Windows user. You need to wait for an updated redsn0w. You cannot use pwnage tool, as that is Mac only. Be patient - it will come.
    1. trouble06's Avatar
      trouble06 -
      Rev3rEND check pm
    1. johnboy797's Avatar
      johnboy797 -
      I am getting a 1600 error message. anyone know what this is from?

      3G(s)
      3.0 jailbroken
      new firmware built w/ 3.1.3
    1. Madeleine's Avatar
      Madeleine -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      This is for the 3GS - you could have updated a 3G before.
      Have you unlocked already on 3.0? You're not already on 3.01 unlocked?
      Unlock is just UltraSn0w, UltraSn0w only works with BB 04.26.08. To update to 3.1 and still use UltraSn0w you need to preserve the BB and for that you need pwnage which has been available for the 3G for a couple of weeks.
      So yeah, I don't need to do the Saurik server thing instead of the Apple one right? Because PwnageTool should be able to unlock my iPhone (like I remember from the 2.0 versions), right?

      My apologies for sounding like a deep idiot here, but messing up my iPhone wouldn't be a good thing to do ><.

      In short; As I am now, just run PwnageTool, create custom ipsw from the official 3.1, and let it do the rest.

      EDIT: Jonat, I Know my way around Hackintoshes . I do know my way around technology and computers, just the iPhone scene is where I am not too big in.
    1. boricua100pct's Avatar
      boricua100pct -
      when i did my update threw itunes 9 it threw my phone in recovery mode 4 the whole day and after continuing the back and fourth game with itune i had 2 do a restore 2 get my phone back on track but now im starting from the beging and dammmmm do i miss cydia
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post

      In short; As I am now, just run PwnageTool, create custom ipsw from the official 3.1, and let it do the rest.
      Pwnage is Mac only - If you have a Mac then yes. Otherwise you will have to find one someone with a Mac has made for you.

      Just make sure you do not update to stock 3.1
    1. SVD85's Avatar
      SVD85 -
      Quote Originally Posted by johnboy797 View Post
      I am getting a 1600 error message. anyone know what this is from?

      3G(s)
      3.0 jailbroken
      new firmware built w/ 3.1.3
      I am having the same problem! someone please help!
    1. Madeleine's Avatar
      Madeleine -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Pwnage is Mac only - If you have a Mac then yes. Otherwise you will have to find one someone with a Mac has made for you.

      Just make sure you do not update to stock 3.1
      Nice. Thanks a bunch. Everything I will do now is to get my freaking Hackint0sh working again and will finally update my iPhone. Thanks a lot for your help! *clicks the "thanks" button*
    1. Frostbite's Avatar
      Frostbite -
      Quote Originally Posted by SVD85 View Post
      I am having the same problem! someone please help!
      Same, ugh
    1. vthree's Avatar
      vthree -
      i too am having the 1600 and 1604 errors.

      ih8snow does not work for this issue either.. any ideas????!?!??!?!?
    1. ktula's Avatar
      ktula -
      Quote Originally Posted by vthree View Post
      i too am having the 1600 and 1604 errors.

      ih8snow does not work for this issue either.. any ideas????!?!??!?!?
      Instead of putting your iPhone in DFU mode, put it in recovery mode:

      - with iPhone on, press and hold both power and home buttons. Instead of waiting 10 seconds like the DFU mode, release the power button as soon as the screen goes black
      - Keep pressing the home button until you see the graphic on your iphone to connect to iTunes.

      For more info on putting iphone into recovery mode, check out iclarified:
      iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode
    1. ChaosPaladin's Avatar
      ChaosPaladin -
      can someone help teh noob? D: <3 ok i have an ipod 2G that i jailbroke a long time ago so I'm running version 2.2.1 on a program caled Final Snow. Do i have to jailbreak it to version 3.0 with pwnagetool then jailbreak it AGAIN with this new pwnage tool to get 3.1? i would really rather not do it twice, does anyone have any advise?
    1. hydroabiscuit's Avatar
      hydroabiscuit -
      Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
      Instead of putting your iPhone in DFU mode, put it in recovery mode:

      - with iPhone on, press and hold both power and home buttons. Instead of waiting 10 seconds like the DFU mode, release the power button as soon as the screen goes black
      - Keep pressing the home button until you see the graphic on your iphone to connect to iTunes.

      For more info on putting iphone into recovery mode, check out iclarified:
      iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode
      can anyone confirm this method works?
    1. vthree's Avatar
      vthree -
      trying it now.. did it once no success. trying one time again following verbatim the instructions provided by ktula.


      now it just gets hung on
      preparing iphone for restore... (iTunes)

      on the phone connect to itunes is displayed..

      im going to let this run and grab some grubb... lmk if you guys find anything out.
    1. ktula's Avatar
      ktula -
      Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
      can anyone confirm this method works?
      I just did it successfully. Now i am restoring the backups to my iPhone.
    1. Frostbite's Avatar
      Frostbite -
      Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
      Instead of putting your iPhone in DFU mode, put it in recovery mode:

      - with iPhone on, press and hold both power and home buttons. Instead of waiting 10 seconds like the DFU mode, release the power button as soon as the screen goes black
      - Keep pressing the home button until you see the graphic on your iphone to connect to iTunes.

      For more info on putting iphone into recovery mode, check out iclarified:
      iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode
      My ipod is already DFU any ideas on how to go strait to recovery? Because if I restore I would have to go back to 3.0 pwn that and than go back up to 3.1. It would be a HUGE pain, and I have had problems JB-ing 3.0
    1. dallaspowers's Avatar
      dallaspowers -
      Quote Originally Posted by joec2 View Post
      This is stupid!
      Someone needs to get off their lazy asses, and do something for the other 75% of the world, with Windows and a 3.0.1 3G that was jb and unlocked with redsn0w and ultrasn0w.


      EXACTLY!
    1. ktula's Avatar
      ktula -
      Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
      My ipod is already DFU any ideas on how to go strait to recovery? Because if I restore I would have to go back to 3.0 pwn that and than go back up to 3.1. It would be a HUGE pain, and I have had problems JB-ing 3.0
      Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and press home and power until you see the Apple icon. This will release it from the DFU mode.
    1. Frostbite's Avatar
      Frostbite -
      Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
      Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and press home and power until you see the Apple icon. This will release it from the DFU mode.
      How long do you have to press it? Its been over a min.