• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jailbreak for 10.2 released started by NewD View original post
    Comments 536 Comments
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Those of you taking the plunge - who were already JB on 10.1.1 - could it be as simple as getting rid of MachPortal and SubFix - then "upgrading" (OTA or computer) to 10.2.. download new IPA - reJB and all your tweaks and settings still work?! No DFU restore necessary?! That would be interesting.

      These side-loaded semi-tether jailbreak tools offer us new ways of doing things we never had available with untethered JB's.
    1. Expl0itz's Avatar
      Expl0itz -
      I am unclear on how I can use this .ips file to jailbreak my iphone. Is there any guides to use to help me out for the 10.2 jailbreak?
    1. vitaminme's Avatar
      vitaminme -
      iOS 10 Yalu Jailbreak guide
    1. StormRoBoT's Avatar
      StormRoBoT -
      iPhone 6 plus will not work?

      Im still on 9.0.2 huhu
    1. ninthchamber99's Avatar
      ninthchamber99 -
      Awesome news!!

      But until further info is provided on this JB, especially regarding which devices it will work on, I will happily stay put on 10.1.1, especially now that I finally got things 'stable', lol

      Do you think any other devices, personally I have a iPad 2 mini I would love to JB, will be added to the list at some point?
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by StormRoBoT View Post
      iPhone 6 plus will not work?

      Im still on 9.0.2 huhu
      Not yet. Read opening post. Phones supported list there.
      Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
      Awesome news!!

      But until further info is provided on this JB, especially regarding which devices it will work on,
      Read opening post again. Phones supported are already confirmed.
    1. mohseen488's Avatar
      mohseen488 -
      Is iOS 10.2 still signed?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Marty McFly's Avatar
      Marty McFly -
      Quote Originally Posted by mohseen488 View Post
      Is iOS 10.2 still signed?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep
    1. Marty McFly's Avatar
      Marty McFly -
      Well, here's what I just did. Still on 10.1.1. Uninstalled "Substrate Fix" in Cydia, then restarted into non JB mode and deleted Mach Portal. Then installed new JB with Cydia Impactor. Phone did a respring but then came back exactly how it was with previous JB. All tweaks working (at least it seems that way so far) and everything themed the way it was as well. AFC2 worked right away (ie: didn't need to do a reinstall).
    1. sand_man's Avatar
      sand_man -
      Damn it, still no support for iPad Air/Mini and iPhone 6!!

      The only device I'm not prepared to compromise my JB on is my daily runner iPhone 6s. Still running 9.3.3 on that. Everything else 10.2, iPad Air, Mini 2nd gen and 6....
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
      Damn it, still no support for iPad Air/Mini and iPhone 6!!

      The only device I'm not prepared to compromise my JB on is my daily runner iPhone 6s. Still running 9.3.3 on that. Everything else 10.2, iPad Air, Mini 2nd gen and 6....
      Early reports are that 6S is running beautifully on this 10.2 JB. Not a lot of the problems as the 10.1.1 one.. You shouldn't feel concerned with your daily runner on 'semi-tethered' jailbreaks either.. Just like with 9.3.3 - chance of boot loop is virtually impossible. Always able to reboot into nonJailbroken mode.

      EVEN IF something tragic were to go wrong with this JB on your 6S - you could restore to 10.2 now while signing window is still open or when 10.2 window closes, if you've saved your Blobs for your 6S for 10.2 while it's still being signed now, just restore to 10.2.1 and then downgrade to 10.2 with the Prometheus tool and reJB at will.

      So now is the time to test the waters while signing window for 10.2 still open.. Zero risk!! Go for it!!

      In fact all of you who own 6S, 6SPlus, SE or iPadPro should jailbreak now.. Nothing to lose. 10.2 is still being signed.
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
      Well, here's what I just did. Still on 10.1.1. Uninstalled "Substrate Fix" in Cydia, then restarted into non JB mode and deleted Mach Portal. Then installed new JB with Cydia Impactor. Phone did a respring but then came back exactly how it was with previous JB. All tweaks working (at least it seems that way so far) and everything themed the way it was as well. AFC2 worked right away (ie: didn't need to do a reinstall).
      Sounds great! Good to know new tool doesn't zap away AFC2.. I hope it also keeps SSH working. That disappears in 24-48 hours on the Yalu beta 3 for 10.1.1.

      Luca did say this new tool is for 10.0-10.2 - so no surprise there!
    1. sand_man's Avatar
      sand_man -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      Early reports are that 6S is running beautifully on this 10.2 JB. Not a lot of the problems as the 10.1.1 one.. You shouldn't feel concerned with your daily runner on 'semi-tethered' jailbreaks either.. Just like with 9.3.3 - chance of boot loop is virtually impossible. Always able to reboot into nonJailbroken mode.

      EVEN IF something tragic were to go wrong with this JB on your 6S - you could restore to 10.2 now while signing window is still open or when 10.2 window closes, if you've saved your Blobs for your 6S for 10.2 while it's still being signed now, just restore to 10.2.1 and then downgrade to 10.2 with the Prometheus tool and reJB at will.

      So now is the time to test the waters while signing window for 10.2 still open.. Zero risk!! Go for it!!

      In fact all of you who own 6S, 6SPlus, SE or iPadPro should jailbreak now.. Nothing to lose. 10.2 is still being signed.
      Don't mind the semi tether at all.

      More concerned about app compatibility. That's my primary concern. Will do some more research before pulling the trigger.

      Really enjoying my 6s on 9.3.3. I had it 6 months before I could jailbreak it so I'm at pains to risk it.

      Also don't have a developers account so what's the implication with the certificate on yula JB?

      Plus is there a Windows version of Prometheus? Last I checked it was exclusively Mac? Sorry if some of these questions are noob. They've probably been asked and answered numerous times already on this and other threads. I haven't been paying much attention to this latest round of jailbreaks. [emoji51]


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. NewD's Avatar
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
      Don't mind the semi tether at all.

      More concerned about app compatibility. That's my primary concern. Will do some more research before pulling the trigger.
      I have 90% of what I had on 9.3.3 back on 10.1.1. Give your list of MUST-haves and I can give you a quick update.
      Really enjoying my 6s on 9.3.3. I had it 6 months before I could jailbreak it so I'm at pains to risk it.

      Also don't have a developers account so what's the implication with the certificate on yula JB?
      Have to reload Cert every 7 days. But some developer will eventually come along and re-sign the Cert to 1 year like we have on 9.3.3. Just a matter of time. I set an alarm in my phone for every 6 days.. and just do it before I head to bed that night. No big. Pain in the azz, though.
      Plus is there a Windows version of Prometheus? Last I checked it was exclusively Mac?
      You won't need Prometheus any time soon.. But I think a Windows version is in the works.

      Much of it is done right on phone from what I'm reading. Not easy though.. Convoluted on Mac/PC or phone.
    1. mohseen488's Avatar
      mohseen488 -
      So it means that I go from 9.0.2 to 10.2? As I have saved SHSH2 blobs.

      Is it good to go? Or stay at 9.0.2


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. sand_man's Avatar
      sand_man -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      I have 90% of what I had on 9.3.3 back on 10.1.1. Give your list of MUST-haves and I can give you a quick update.
      Have to reload Cert every 7 days. But some developer will eventually come along and re-sign the Cert to 1 year like we have on 9.3.3. Just a matter of time. I set an alarm in my phone for every 6 days.. and just do it before I head to bed that night. No big. Pain in the azz, though.
      Good to know.

      1.) speed intensifier
      2.) anemone
      3.) springtomize 3
      4.) boxy 2
      5.) bytafont3 - lato light
      6.) iwidget
      7.) push for gmail
      8.) ccsettings
      9.) folder enhancer
      10.) filza
      11.) Icleaner pro

      Lots more but those would form the base of my setup.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. sand_man's Avatar
      sand_man -
      Quote Originally Posted by mohseen488 View Post
      So it means that I go from 9.0.2 to 10.2? As I have saved SHSH2 blobs.

      Is it good to go? Or stay at 9.0.2


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      10.2 is still being signed so download the ipsw and upgrade via iTunes, shift/restore and point towards the downloaded ipsw file.

      Assuming you not using a 7?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. mohseen488's Avatar
      mohseen488 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
      10.2 is still being signed so download the ipsw and upgrade via iTunes, shift/restore and point towards the downloaded ipsw file.

      Assuming you not using a 7?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No, I use 6S plus iOS 9.0.2


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Ravenleigh's Avatar
      Ravenleigh -
      I don't have time to get into a full detailed report, but I just did this for my ipad pro, worked flawlessly (getting a deamon error from anemone, used it anyway, and it applied my theme just fine) I need to run tho, I'll test more when I get back.
    1. menard_00's Avatar
      menard_00 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ravenleigh View Post
      I don't have time to get into a full detailed report, but I just did this for my ipad pro, worked flawlessly (getting a deamon error from anemone, used it anyway, and it applied my theme just fine) I need to run tho, I'll test more when I get back.
      Daemon error is normal, everyone gets it. It'll go away (until next reboot) if you reinstall Anemone.