• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • More Evidence Unearthed of Possible Sprint iPhone 4S This September


    In January, Lowell MacAdam, President and Chief Operating Officer of Verizon, began his presentation that revealed the Verizon iPhone by telling the audience of tech reporters that "if the press writes something long enough and hard enough, it eventually becomes true." For the next five months, speculation subsequently turned to the prospect of further US carrier expansion - a discussion partially engendered by Apple Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook.

    At the January Verizon iPhone announcement at Rose Hall inside New York City's Lincoln Center, Cook stated that his company's agreement with Verizon for the CDMA iPhone is "non-exclusive." Given that reality, journalists began pointing out that Apple could easily bring future generations of its touchscreen smartphone to Sprint's CDMA network.

    This week, somewhat thin but still noteworthy evidence was presented to suggest that the Sprint iPhone may be in the works. On the heels of reports that Apple is poised to release the iPhone 4S this September on AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint in the US, it has since been discovered that Apple had posted a curious job listing in search of a "carrier engineer" in the geographic proximity of Kansas City, MO - just 20 minutes from Sprint's headquarters. Clearly, it would be an unusual place for an Apple carrier engineer to be stationed if there was, in fact, no looming partnership between Apple and Sprint.

    The job posting, however, which was first discovered by the blog "Stop it, AT&T," is already gone. A short while after the discovery - and the logical linking between Apple and Sprint was made - Apple suddenly pulled the Kansas City, MO employment opening. Is that evidence of Apple catching their accidental revelation? Or has the company simply filled the position? We don't know for sure. But we may very well know soon enough if the iPhone 4S is coming to a Sprint store near you.

    Source: Stop it, AT&T
    This article was originally published in forum thread: More Evidence Unearthed of Possible Sprint iPhone 4S This September started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 23 Comments
    1. ODB25's Avatar
      ODB25 -
      Big things popping
    1. yuskis1's Avatar
      yuskis1 -
      That still won't save sprint from gong down the toilet. Their customer service and cellular service sucks and they have the slowest data network.
    1. mikerlx's Avatar
      mikerlx -
      This is the evolution of a product the iPhone 4 is just that good it should be on all major carriers.


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. iStoner's Avatar
      iStoner -
      this just makes my statements from last year true. I'll say it again. the apple iPhone will be available on every carrier by 2012. That's a Fact. Right it down. Type it up. Do what you want. But that's what will happen

      Quote Originally Posted by yuskis1 View Post
      That still won't save sprint from gong down the toilet. Their customer service and cellular service sucks and they have the slowest data network.
      my dad had the evo 4g and I called customer service for him cus his texting wasn't working. they seemed alot more helpful and much faster than AT&T has ever been for me. so I disagree with you. but maybe it was a fluke
    1. ash3s2012's Avatar
      ash3s2012 -
      What about cricket ? Lol
    1. mmaboi21's Avatar
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by yuskis1 View Post
      That still won't save sprint from gong down the toilet. Their customer service and cellular service sucks and they have the slowest data network.
      I disagree with the data and cellular service, not to sure about the customer service...
      Both my sisters had sprint phones and their service was absolutely great.
    1. Colby21's Avatar
      Colby21 -
      Sprint has probably the most competitive phone plans out of all the major carriers. They also had the first LTE network in the United States. I know we're pretty much guaranteed an iphone without LTE this year, but there's still hope to me with this news.
    1. ty22's Avatar
      ty22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
      Sprint has probably the most competitive phone plans out of all the major carriers. They also had the first LTE network in the United States. I know we're pretty much guaranteed an iphone without LTE this year, but there's still hope to me with this news.
      Sprint never had LTE. They have WiMAX......
    1. coolguy742's Avatar
      coolguy742 -
      The iPhone 4S on the only truly unlimited network. Sprint.
      Lol that's the commercial I predict


      Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    1. Colby21's Avatar
      Colby21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
      Sprint never had LTE. They have WiMAX......
      Sorry, 4G speeds.
    1. Bluprint's Avatar
      Bluprint -
      Welcome to the NOW network.
    1. delusion950's Avatar
      delusion950 -
      Am kind of excited to see that T-MOB iPhone.
    1. jamesgunaca's Avatar
      jamesgunaca -
      Unless the network speeds of the iPhone 4S are greater on any network other than AT&T, I am not switching carriers.

      Verizon CDMA is too slow. If I wanted an iPhone 4 on EDGE, I'd just head over to the Haight district of San Francisco. But, I enjoy my fast 3G connection.

      If all features and network speeds were equal, then I'd go off of price by the carriers. If iPhone hits sprint, I'm sure plenty of people would jump on the opportunity to use the Sprint 'unlimited everything' plan. If speeds were comparable to AT&T, I'd jump ship.
    1. MonsIg74's Avatar
      MonsIg74 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
      I disagree with the data and cellular service, not to sure about the customer service...
      Both my sisters had sprint phones and their service was absolutely great.
      Agree
    1. Emicron's Avatar
      Emicron -
      The big one to add will be China Telecom, I think they have 80+ million users.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Every carrier has service areas where they are strong and weak so it's subjective depending on who you talk to and where they live. Same goes for customer service... it all depends on the rep or manager you get that particular day.
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Much the way a black hole can be spotted by observing the stars around it, Apple's intentions can be predicted fairly easily now. It seems that reporters and bloggers are starting to cleverly catch on. Apple does not operate in a vacuum.
    1. Effenpig!'s Avatar
      Effenpig! -
      Nice
    1. A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
      A_SWELLGUY -
      Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
      Every carrier has service areas where they are strong and weak so it's subjective depending on who you talk to and where they live. Same goes for customer service... it all depends on the rep or manager you get that particular day.
      could not agree more! I live in California off the central coast and service is beautiful here, I get signal where everyone else doesn't. Speed for downloading is amazing and quick. No 4g but I could not be happier.
    1. kona's Avatar
      kona -
      OOHHHHH thank god. I'm so sick of android but will not go back to att for the iPhone alone. I can't wait.

      Oh and my Sprint service blows att away in my area.