• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date


    Fewer than twenty-four hours have passed since preordering began for the 4th generation iPhone. Already, the supply has been virtually decimated - a reality that, according to at least one published report, became evident as early as 1:30pm PST Tuesday.

    And just imagine how many prospective buyers would have actually pulled the trigger on the new iPhone today if servers hadn't exploded and otherwise melted down at the moment of truth. Nonetheless, we at MMi hope for your sake that you managed to get your order in. Otherwise, all new orders will now be subject to a new ship date - July 2nd.

    AT&T's response, as chronicled by our friends at BGR:

    Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history. As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed. We’ll email customers with confirmation once their order is placed, and again when it ships. In addition, we will have devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our stores beginning on June 24.
    If you're looking to preorder a white iPhone, you're really out of luck, as Apple has even asked Best Buy to stop accepting preorders for the white model.

    As it stands, AT&T will notify customers via email with confirmations of order placement and eventual shipment. Unfortunately, AT&T will only have a limited number of new iPhones on hand come launch day (June 24th) on a first-come, first-serve basis. So serious are the supply issues at AT&T that the carrier has even temporarily blocked iPhone 4 pre-orders from employees. Nonetheless, it now appears that it will take some time for supply to catch up with the demand - overwhelming demand, that is.

    Last week, we reported that Robert Lai, chairman of Asia Optical, revealed that his company has been turning out some massive shipments of VGA lens kits for the updated iPhone's front-facing video camera since last month - enough, in fact, to place a monthly production estimate at three million units. Despite what was believed to be a swollen inventory of new iPhones, the initial batch apparently wasn't sufficient.

    And, as a result, getting the 4th generation iPhone could very well take longer than many of us had hoped.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 208 Comments
    1. 3gs1289's Avatar
      3gs1289 -
      For people thinking iPhone is revolutionary ummmm it's taken 3 years to get something as simple as multi tasking. How long for cut and paste? Mms? Voice dailing? People are just caught up IN HYPE CREATED BY APPLE. that's what hype does makes people believe you product is better than what it really is. Just like politics. The more money you dump onto promoting yourself the more people see you. It doesn't actually mean your better than anyone.you don't see anyone acting like attention whores as apple does for a product release only to have blind fan boys think ANYTHING with an apple is the best thing ever.

      And it's better to have options on your phone like htc. They offer sething for everyone. With iPhone you get an iPhone and thats what you get. You can't mod it you can't do crap to it besides what steve jobs wants you to do on it. You have a million iPhones owned by million different people yet all million are clones of themselves locked in a prison. Your phone is te exact same as everyone elses. iPhone 4 is nice but it's not the product the drives the sales it's the stupid hype created by apple. Evo4 beats the iPhone in every catagory and isn't limited by it's makers. The fact you hve idiots camping out to buy a freaking phone just shows you how high fan boys praise the little apple. Waiting camping outside as if they are in line for ground breaking life saving treatment. Apple creates hype for their fan boys to worship. It's ridiculous. It's a damn phone you don't need to worship a telephone or the people that make it. It's a damn phone! Grow up guys!
    1. Buffalano's Avatar
      Buffalano -
      Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
      For people thinking iPhone is revolutionary ummmm it's taken 3 years to get something as simple as multi tasking. How long for cut and paste? Mms? Voice dailing? People are just caught up IN HYPE CREATED BY APPLE. that's what hype does makes people believe you product is better than what it really is. Just like politics. The more money you dump onto promoting yourself the more people see you. It doesn't actually mean your better than anyone.you don't see anyone acting like attention whores as apple does for a product release only to have blind fan boys think ANYTHING with an apple is the best thing ever.

      And it's better to have options on your phone like htc. They offer sething for everyone. With iPhone you get an iPhone and thats what you get. You can't mod it you can't do crap to it besides what steve jobs wants you to do on it. You have a million iPhones owned by million different people yet all million are clones of themselves locked in a prison. Your phone is te exact same as everyone elses. iPhone 4 is nice but it's not the product the drives the sales it's the stupid hype created by apple. Evo4 beats the iPhone in every catagory and isn't limited by it's makers. The fact you hve idiots camping out to buy a freaking phone just shows you how high fan boys praise the little apple. Waiting camping outside as if they are in line for ground breaking life saving treatment. Apple creates hype for their fan boys to worship. It's ridiculous. It's a damn phone you don't need to worship a telephone or the people that make it. It's a damn phone! Grow up guys!
      If it's just a phone and not good at all why are you a member of a message board that is dedicated to iPhones and other apple products? You're just another person with no life that is a hater!!! BTW HTC EVO doesn't have a screen as HD as the iPhone 4, and it's on the crappiest carrier of all time.....Sprint!!!
    1. piston597's Avatar
      piston597 -
      Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
      For people thinking iPhone is revolutionary ummmm it's taken 3 years to get something as simple as multi tasking. How long for cut and paste? Mms? Voice dailing? People are just caught up IN HYPE CREATED BY APPLE. that's what hype does makes people believe you product is better than what it really is. Just like politics. The more money you dump onto promoting yourself the more people see you. It doesn't actually mean your better than anyone.you don't see anyone acting like attention whores as apple does for a product release only to have blind fan boys think ANYTHING with an apple is the best thing ever.

      And it's better to have options on your phone like htc. They offer sething for everyone. With iPhone you get an iPhone and thats what you get. You can't mod it you can't do crap to it besides what steve jobs wants you to do on it. You have a million iPhones owned by million different people yet all million are clones of themselves locked in a prison. Your phone is te exact same as everyone elses. iPhone 4 is nice but it's not the product the drives the sales it's the stupid hype created by apple. Evo4 beats the iPhone in every catagory and isn't limited by it's makers. The fact you hve idiots camping out to buy a freaking phone just shows you how high fan boys praise the little apple. Waiting camping outside as if they are in line for ground breaking life saving treatment. Apple creates hype for their fan boys to worship. It's ridiculous. It's a damn phone you don't need to worship a telephone or the people that make it. It's a damn phone! Grow up guys!

      Someone obviously has no life but to go on forums dedicated to the iPhone and bash it. Dude seriously just get out of your basement once in a while. Leave people to do as they please with their money, I mean if you were Steve Jobs wouldn't you want these "Fan boys" so just get a life and quit bashing the iPhone cuz you probably didn't get one on pre-order and now are sad you have to wait until July 14.
    1. 3gs1289's Avatar
      3gs1289 -
      Idiots I have an iPhone which gives me EVERY right to bash it or it's customers. I laugh at anyone who thinks buying a phone is this important! And I registered to find news on jailbrakes. I know for alot of you this is your first smart phone and you think it's the best thing ever. An iPhone without jailbroken is useless! Tell me what an iPhone can do that the evo 4 can't do? We can also list many things a droid can do that an iPhone CANT. stupid apple fan boys quit acting like anything that has an apple is the best thing ever made. And someone with AT&T just said sprint is the worst network???? Lmao!!!! The irony of some of you fan boys. If the shoe fits wear it
    1. piston597's Avatar
      piston597 -
      Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
      Idiots I have an iPhone which gives me EVERY right to bash it or it's customers. I laugh at anyone who thinks buying a phone is this important! And I registered to find news on jailbrakes. I know for alot of you this is your first smart phone and you think it's the best thing ever. An iPhone without jailbroken is useless! Tell me what an iPhone can do that the evo 4 can't do? We can also list many things a droid can do that an iPhone CANT. stupid apple fan boys quit acting like anything that has an apple is the best thing ever made. And someone with AT&T just said sprint is the worst network???? Lmao!!!! The irony of some of you fan boys. If the shoe fits wear it
      Owning an iPhone gives you the right to bash its customers? Are you a dumbass? If you really are this passionate over what others buy or perceive the best phone ever shows even more of what a pathetic life you have. Honestly man if the iPhone is that bad compared to Evo or Droid then by all means go buy yourself one. I'm stuck on At&t forever because my whole family and friends use it and so I can call anyone on At&t cheap. So while on it why not get the best phone they have to offer? And so what if we think the iPhone is the best phone out there? That's a matter of opinion.
    1. sunshinejenn03's Avatar
      sunshinejenn03 -
      Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
      Owning an iPhone gives you the right to bash its customers? Are you a dumbass? If you really are this passionate over what others buy or perceive the best phone ever shows even more of what a pathetic life you have. Honestly man if the iPhone is that bad compared to Evo or Droid then by all means go buy yourself one. I'm stuck on At&t forever because my whole family and friends use it and so I can call anyone on At&t cheap. So while on it why not get the best phone they have to offer? And so what if we think the iPhone is the best phone out there? That's a matter of opinion.
      He's an internet tough guy. Ignore him.

      And you know what they say about opinions...they're like assholes; everyone's got one and they all stink. I just smelled mine: strawberries!
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
      For people thinking iPhone is revolutionary ummmm it's taken 3 years to get something as simple as multi tasking. How long for cut and paste? Mms? Voice dailing? People are just caught up IN HYPE CREATED BY APPLE. that's what hype does makes people believe you product is better than what it really is. Just like politics. The more money you dump onto promoting yourself the more people see you. It doesn't actually mean your better than anyone.you don't see anyone acting like attention whores as apple does for a product release only to have blind fan boys think ANYTHING with an apple is the best thing ever.

      And it's better to have options on your phone like htc. They offer sething for everyone. With iPhone you get an iPhone and thats what you get. You can't mod it you can't do crap to it besides what steve jobs wants you to do on it. You have a million iPhones owned by million different people yet all million are clones of themselves locked in a prison. Your phone is te exact same as everyone elses. iPhone 4 is nice but it's not the product the drives the sales it's the stupid hype created by apple. Evo4 beats the iPhone in every catagory and isn't limited by it's makers. The fact you hve idiots camping out to buy a freaking phone just shows you how high fan boys praise the little apple. Waiting camping outside as if they are in line for ground breaking life saving treatment. Apple creates hype for their fan boys to worship. It's ridiculous. It's a damn phone you don't need to worship a telephone or the people that make it. It's a damn phone! Grow up guys!
      Hi welcome to ModMyI, an online forum centered around jailbreaking our phones, allowing us to do pretty much whatever we want regardless of what dear Steve says. Apple gave us a nice stable foundation to start with, and we mod the hell out of it and put you HTC scrubs to shame. Go ahead and tell me what the HTC EVO 4G can do that a jailbroken iPhone can't. I'll be waiting.

      But do go ahead telling yourself we're all sheep in Apple's farm while deluding yourself HTC makes a better phone. Again, let me know when the EVO's total sales come close to the first 600,000 preorders set on the 15th. That said, I have nothing against android or HTC. They're both a fantastic OS and phone company but you're stupid to even put it in the same sentence as iPhone.

      Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
      Idiots I have an iPhone which gives me EVERY right to bash it or it's customers. I laugh at anyone who thinks buying a phone is this important! And I registered to find news on jailbrakes. I know for alot of you this is your first smart phone and you think it's the best thing ever. An iPhone without jailbroken is useless! Tell me what an iPhone can do that the evo 4 can't do? We can also list many things a droid can do that an iPhone CANT. stupid apple fan boys quit acting like anything that has an apple is the best thing ever made. And someone with AT&T just said sprint is the worst network???? Lmao!!!! The irony of some of you fan boys. If the shoe fits wear it
      AT&T's network at least has 3G coverage. Sprint's 4G coverage consists of what, 23 cities? Wooooooooooow. And again, you're in a forum about modded iPhones then go ahead and compare the EVO to an unmodded iPhone? It's like your intentionally gimping one side to make the other look good.

      Yes, a vanilla unmodded iPhone might not be as feature capable as the almighty EVO, but guess what? The majority of us don't have an unmodded phone, it's why we're here in the first place.

      EDIT: Yes, I totally took the troll bait.
    1. jamesgrenard's Avatar
      jamesgrenard -
      Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
      Probably because "everybody" has a job and can't take the several hours needed to camp out in line on a workday?

      Who wouldn't want the convenience of having the product arrive at one's doorstep?

      wtf yourself!



      Waaaaah. Feel better now?
      Hey man, I didn't mean to get ya all worked up..was just wondering why some people were getting all upset if this was still an option..