• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone OS 4.0 Beta Unlock : BlackSn0w Ported by msft.guy
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlewvG56t3I]YouTube - Blacksn0w ported to 4.0 in action on a 3GS 4.0 beta 4[/ame]


    It's impressive the amount of work that is being done with iPhone OS 4.0 Beta inside the Jailbreaking community. Not only do we have jailbreak tools for iPhone OS 4.0 Beta, but now we have the ability to unlock 4.0 on the iPhone 3GS. While these tools and the beta are not practical at this moment, it's great news for developers that are stuck with the beta and need to be unlocked.

    Msft.guy has released a video demonstrating the unlock and how he has managed to port Blacksn0w to be compatible with the new beta operating system. He also provide instructions on how to do this yourself. The video itself is only a proof of concept, and here's why. There are still some bugs involved so it will be a pain in the *** to stay unlocked. Each time you reboot your device, you will need to re-apply the patched files.

    A word of caution as usual; if you are not a developer, you shouldn't be playing with iPhone OS 4.0. IF you have a good reason to be using this, you will need to be on baseband 05.11.07 in order for this to work. If you don't know what your doing, stay away from this.

    We strongly suggest you stay away from playing with any unlocking tools until the iPhone Dev-Team released their unlock for 3.1.3, which isn't far away, as the new 4.0 should be available shortly after WWDC.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone OS 4.0 Beta Unlock : BlackSn0w Ported by msft.guy started by nickhesson View original post
    Comments 48 Comments
    1. nycdiplomat's Avatar
      nycdiplomat -
      nice
    1. santacruzlocal's Avatar
      santacruzlocal -
      This is awesome news!! Hopefully the JB will be a smooth process
    1. sk8ertim's Avatar
      sk8ertim -
      1 word....

      AWESOME!!!!


      Thank you Dev Team for making this stuff happen!
      You guys are THE BEST!
    1. decke's Avatar
      decke -
      What a great news! Well done.
    1. ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
      ForumSnoBorderRK -
      oh man i really really need this.
      all i want to do is get stupid iBlanks off my system and then ill go back to un-jailbroken beta.
    1. battlecrushr's Avatar
      battlecrushr -
      Amazing
    1. son geta1's Avatar
      son geta1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sk8ertim View Post
      1 word....

      AWESOME!!!!


      Thank you Dev Team for making this stuff happen!
      You guys are THE BEST!
      Dev Team has nothing to do with unlock 4.0... geohot ftw! pwn da dev team! geohot wins!
    1. The Maestro's Avatar
      The Maestro -
      Im thankful but this couldve waited untill official 4.0, now apple could patch it on both hardware/software side

      If this hasn't been released disregard my comment
    1. itaintrite's Avatar
      itaintrite -
      Patch WHAT? There's nothing new here. It's just the old exploit for 5.11.07 ported to 4.0 FW.
    1. Evilsaint's Avatar
      Evilsaint -
      Brilliant
    1. Silenus's Avatar
      Silenus -
      Bah I need a 05.12 unlock, this is the same unlock we've had.

      I don't like this, as this may slow the release of a new unlock for people stuck on 05.12, enough with the 05.11.07.

      Anyways thanks to the dev, but efforts should be directed at newer basebands as it will help more people than this baseband.

      I can imagine there are thousands if not more, iphone locked with 3.1.3 and 05.12 who will not benefit from this, so if they upgrade to 4.0 it will be the same.
    1. George Lopez's Avatar
      George Lopez -
      This is so motherfreaking nice!!
    1. iPhone3G[S]'s Avatar
      iPhone3G[S] -
      hmm, wonder if dev-team has a 4.0 baseband unlock too...

      I thought it was odd they were waiting for 4.0 to come out officially before releasing the unlock for 3.1.3 baseband, unless the same exploit is present in the beta 4.0 OS.
    1. UKFitch21's Avatar
      UKFitch21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silenus View Post
      Bah I need a 05.12 unlock, this is the same unlock we've had.

      I don't like this, as this may slow the release of a new unlock for people stuck on 05.12, enough with the 05.11.07.

      Anyways thanks to the dev, but efforts should be directed at newer basebands as it will help more people than this baseband.

      I can imagine there are thousands if not more, iphone locked with 3.1.3 and 05.12 who will not benefit from this, so if they upgrade to 4.0 it will be the same.
      Quit complaining. you were the one who decided to update when everyone was clearly warned with what would happen if you did. Trigger happy people get trigger happy results.
    1. johnnylovescookies's Avatar
      johnnylovescookies -
      I dont understand how this only unlocks the bb 5.11.01 but if your upgrade to 4.0 your automatically on 5.13.01

      hmm
    1. puissance000's Avatar
      puissance000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
      hmm, wonder if dev-team has a 4.0 baseband unlock too...

      I thought it was odd they were waiting for 4.0 to come out officially before releasing the unlock for 3.1.3 baseband, unless the same exploit is present in the beta 4.0 OS.
      i hope so!
    1. jaminmc's Avatar
      jaminmc -
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnylovescookies View Post
      I dont understand how this only unlocks the bb 5.11.01 but if your upgrade to 4.0 your automatically on 5.13.01

      hmm
      No you don't.... To preserve your BB, you have to be at 3.1.2 and jailbroken with either pawnage, or redsnow. Then your phone will accept custom roms. (And do something like verbose mode. Which means he used Redsnow)

      If you restore the phone with a official IPSW, then it will update the BB. --Something I did the day the first beta came out, but I have the AT&T, so it isn't a problem... But I put beta 4 on without updating my baseband any Further

      A jailbreaked beta 4 isn't ready for every day use, it is really just for developers. Which I am not. So I am back at 3.1.2 with redsnow, then the firmware faker thing to make it report as 3.1.3, which didn't add anything anyway. I had 3.1.3 installed before with spirit, but I like verbose mode

      Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
      hmm, wonder if dev-team has a 4.0 baseband unlock too...

      I thought it was odd they were waiting for 4.0 to come out officially before releasing the unlock for 3.1.3 baseband, unless the same exploit is present in the beta 4.0 OS.
      I haven't heard wether or not the same exploir works in 4.0 beta's.. I assume it still does, that is why 3.1.3 unlock hasn't been released. The 4.0 will probably have a different baseband than the beta anyway. We will see once it comes out... Good thing I don't rely on a Unlock.
    1. nycdiplomat's Avatar
      nycdiplomat -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFitch21 View Post
      Quit complaining. you were the one who decided to update when everyone was clearly warned with what would happen if you did. Trigger happy people get trigger happy results.
      +1 well said
    1. -=viper=-'s Avatar
      -=viper=- -
      UKFitch21 and nycdiplomat
      thats not necessary true
      My iPhone got into recovery mode and I had to restore
      I have an MC model so I couldn't use custom firmware (it would have cause an infinite loop so i was told) and not update the modem...
      My only chance to even use the phone was simply to update to 3.1.3
    1. ninthchamber99's Avatar
      ninthchamber99 -
      Just curious, how do the members of the Dev-Team, geohot, and the latest person to post the video in this thread know all this stuff about the FW/unlocking/jailbreaking? Did they go to college and learn this stuff or did the learn on their own?? I would like to learn how to do this stuff.

      Amazing what people know and can do with what they know!!