• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 4th Gen iPhone Parts in the Wild
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRTE0cQywgE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPhone 4G LCD, Digitizer + Metal Middle Plate Assembly[/ame]


    A video is making the rounds this weekend purporting to show parts for the new iPhone, including the LCD display, the digitizer and the metal middle plate assembly. Posted by a smartphone repair shop in South Carolina, the video shows parts that look identical to the iPhone that Gizmodo bought last month, indicating that the device is very likely being ramped up for mass production... or that we've got some seriously OCD counterfeiters out there.

    SmartPhone Medic of Columbia, South Carolina gained some attention back in March when they showed off what they claimed was the LCD screen and digitizer assembly for the as-yet-unreleased fourth-generation iPhone. They declined to explain where they had gotten the parts from, but like many repair shops they likely have product sources in China. Those parts bore a strong resemblance to the phone shown by Gizmodo as well.

    As we get closer to the expected announcement of the iPhone at the Worldwide Developers Conference next month, pictures and more details about the device are filtering out. An LCD screen was also shown on the Italian site iSpazio last week. According to the accompanying post, the pictures had come from someone at "a very important repair company" who wished to be known only as "Giuseppe."
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 4th Gen iPhone Parts in the Wild started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. XFaega's Avatar
      XFaega -
      It almost reminds me of the 2G but just square.
    1. disturbedreaper's Avatar
      disturbedreaper -
      For everyone saying "it's Fake" should read the article. it's just the lcd assembly and the metal frame. the pats were probaly ordered from a manufacturer in chine or where ever they are being made. THIS IS NOT FROM A IPHONE its just parts
    1. THEINFAMOUS's Avatar
      THEINFAMOUS -
      I'm with GOGATORS.

      Next iPhone better poop liquid flaming diarreah on the evo2. The htc incredible is already killing the iPhones screen and camera.
    1. PAKIS-RULEZ's Avatar
      PAKIS-RULEZ -
      if the one gizmo had was fake then why did apple sent police to recover it lolzzz and this vid proly made them them just released it later on by different name to prevent from getting in trouble again or china had started to produce the fake versions already lolzz
    1. cobmostang's Avatar
      cobmostang -
      I have seen what's supposed to be "4.0 firmware beta" going around (even though there is a theme in cydia for this) but i dont quite fall for the whole....iphone 4g prototype...
    1. iPhone3G[S]'s Avatar
      iPhone3G[S] -
      Quote Originally Posted by cobmostang View Post
      I have seen what's supposed to be "4.0 firmware beta" going around (even though there is a theme in cydia for this) but i dont quite fall for the whole....iphone 4g prototype...
      4.0 beta is real and distributed on apples website for developers.

      I hope the rumors about the look are mostly true, dont like the seems, but if you compare it to the ipad it looks the same, minus the seams and back.
    1. gQstatus05's Avatar
      gQstatus05 -
      Waiting for the iPhone 4th Gen announcement. It's probably going to be a very minimal update such as bigger HDD, LED Flash, Front Facing Camera (that you can only use on WiFi until JB is released) and applications. I'm very certain that it's going to be a letdown in features so I'll probably go to Sprint and get an Evo 4G. That phone is a beast compared to the phones out now.
    1. mytran80's Avatar
      mytran80 -
      Maybe they got it from china ,or someone snuck it out and sold it for chump change
    1. sziklassy's Avatar
      sziklassy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
      Waiting for the iPhone 4th Gen announcement. It's probably going to be a very minimal update such as bigger HDD, LED Flash, Front Facing Camera (that you can only use on WiFi until JB is released) and applications. I'm very certain that it's going to be a letdown in features so I'll probably go to Sprint and get an Evo 4G. That phone is a beast compared to the phones out now.
      If you are looking for 4G, then the next iPhone will almost certainly be a letdown for you. The vast majority of users in America live nowhere near their 4G areas. I am not even sure why they advertise their 4G where I live. They don't have it anywhere near the STATE let alone city. As far as features, I am not sure how adding a front-facing camera, bumping camera specs, and adding an LED flash constitutes as minimal changes, but to each his/her own. I wouldn't doubt that the cpu would be bumped to 1ghz to match that of competing phones. If the rumors are true with what is coming, really the only letdown in my eyes is the locked iPhone OS, which we will almost certainly be given a workaround by the ever-working dev team. That said, plenty of features that people were jailbreaking for are being given to us in iPhone OS 4.0, which is fantastic. Now if we can only see a more open AppStore.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
      If you are looking for 4G, then the next iPhone will almost certainly be a letdown for you. The vast majority of users in America live nowhere near their 4G areas. I am not even sure why they advertise their 4G where I live. They don't have it anywhere near the STATE let alone city. As far as features, I am not sure how adding a front-facing camera, bumping camera specs, and adding an LED flash constitutes as minimal changes, but to each his/her own. I wouldn't doubt that the cpu would be bumped to 1ghz to match that of competing phones. If the rumors are true with what is coming, really the only letdown in my eyes is the locked iPhone OS, which we will almost certainly be given a workaround by the ever-working dev team. That said, plenty of features that people were jailbreaking for are being given to us in iPhone OS 4.0, which is fantastic. Now if we can only see a more open AppStore.
      I agree with most of what you said but gQstatus05's post you were commenting on did not mention anything about 4G wireless network, he was just saying the iphone 4G being the 4th gen of the iphone not 4G Network, which AT&T does not even have. (correct me if i am wrong). But yes i agree i hope its a better upgrade than what we are all hoping for!

      Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
      Waiting for the iPhone 4th Gen announcement. It's probably going to be a very minimal update such as bigger HDD, LED Flash, Front Facing Camera (that you can only use on WiFi until JB is released) and applications. I'm very certain that it's going to be a letdown in features so I'll probably go to Sprint and get an Evo 4G. That phone is a beast compared to the phones out now.
    1. iPhoneThereforeIAm's Avatar
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      That the 4G isn't universally loved is great.
      Even a 10% loss of sales reduces demand enough to raise the possibility that I'll be able to get one in June.

      Personally, while I like the 3G, I like the 4G even more.
      I think the 3G appeals with those who need a design that separates from the rest.
      Personally, my only need is for something with aesthetic appeal - of which the 4G is certainly possessed.
      Who cares whether it looks like a zillion other phones ?

      What TRULY matters is functionality.
      And nothing even comes close to the iPhone touchscreen yet - particularly none of the lame-***** HTC screens.
      Until the competition can understand this simple fact and go on to get it right, they'll continue to haemorrhage sales to Apple.
    1. twiggystar's Avatar
      twiggystar -
      The design of the 4G it's pretty nice, june can't get here already?? come on!!
    1. soderberg's Avatar
      soderberg -
      everything will be red when the real iPhone 4th...maybe it's a surprise
    1. Nerd's Avatar
      Nerd -
      Here is the video for 4g

      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQtdLJgmiB8[/ame]